Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778798081 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2427

Thread: Rampage Out of Space

Default Re: Rampage Out of Space

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I find Dolby's process here to be very believable.

Could still be sk, but if scum it's very well done indeed.
    winston why was my process here believale?

obviously csargo is town here

im gonna question you over stuff you've done over the course of the game

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    Wait who's town reading Tim? There's no way anyone should be town reading him currently
    this is pretty alright on d1

HK what motivated your move from LA scum to LA town?

would be perfectly happy chopping panda/pzelda/raskol today, Borg is meh but also I'm kinda eh so..
    placeholder for d2 pzelda progression

townies (not ordered)
    El
    Tim
    Winston
    Dolby
    C4
    Gnome
    Lewwyn

Dunno
    Everyone who's not already named

Do Day Murder To (not ordered)
    BorgPicard
    Raskol
    pzelda
    Panda
    tims moving up to townie here is kinda concerning to me

winston just vibed d1 lol

Never lynching here today.
    Lewwyn looks townie enough, though I would warn against underestimating his ability to fake it.
    HK feels natural. And being the top poster by a distance, I'm never voting here d1.
    Winston townreads c4, lewwyn, HK

This logic pleases me, but also seems rather scumsome.
    ok I guess

follows with a vote on pzelda

Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin View Post
    Not a fan of this post but not throwing out a tubful of bathwater over a little dirt washing off the baby either.
    the range from like 320-360 is really odd if winston/vro/tims are w/w/w. props to them if that's the case

vroe's vote on Winston is NAI to me. meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin View Post
    Why the pile on? Why not stir the waters a bit and see what might surface? I get that Raskol was far from towny, but we kinda waster that EoD there.
    interesting

The flavour leaves little room for doubt that the Tim kill was an SK.
    first SK take on D2. HK says that whoever shot Tims should keep quiet

i'm gonna sheep pzelda b/c he looks smart
    vote: Vroendal
    hrrrmmm

I'm close to reading Vroe non-maf for this post.

The only thing stopping me is that Tim knows how prone I am to hard-townreading people who come at me like Vroe did.

Confidence says occam's razor; paranoia says leave a little asterisk.
    I guess it's that it feels like Vroe is trying to explain a thought process he actually went through.

On reflection, though, if he was scum, he could have genuinely thought that I looked like the sk.
    HK switched off of Vro to Laurentus, putting Vro merely at a tie for the lead

vro/WH have a thing and it's whatever

HK doesn't talk further about vro as a possibility

sorry really have to go, probably back at 11 pm pst. no sleep tonight see you then

anyways, legacy:
    don't kill dolby, winston, pzelda fo sho

killing in gnome/panda/nook/borg/ibn is probably fine

laurentus I think is townie, same with lew and maybe csargo
    what's your take on Vro at this time?

sorry really have to go rn

I'll probably be able to get questions directed at me in thread or @ed at me on discord if that's still allowed

hopefully back at 11 PM PST

csargo you've played with winston more than me and I think that I can't really trust a 4 year old game where he subbed out as valid meta. do me a favor and tell me after you reread how you feel about him in general and in a meta context

mad, bad, dangerous to know Member hollowkatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    why have neither of you really used twilight to it's full extent
    I had better things to do with my time :)

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

csargo you've played with winston more than me and I think that I can't really trust a 4 year old game where he subbed out as valid meta. do me a favor and tell me after you reread how you feel about him in general and in a meta context
    I mean the fact that he subbed out is kinda meaningless? So the stuff I said last night is the extent of my meta knowledge really and it's probably flawed realistically. Most of my games with WH probably come from before that and I don't remember them and the only recent game is the one you brought up. I'll give you my thoughts after my reread on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

@Dolby I'm replying to post 2312 here if that's alright. I'm struggling with quoting properly tonight.
    You asked why I moved LA scum to town, I'm going to ask you when? D1 I had him in my do murder to bucket, which you already quoted. When I said that he was "eh" it was in relation to how I felt about the other people that I listed. I thought he was worthy of dying, but not the same that I thought the other people (pzelda, panda, raskol) were.

You giving me credit for correctly calling out people town reading tim is weird though. We've both got a lot of experience playing with tim on all sides of the aisle and we both know he is fully capable of looking really really townie D1 BUT we also both know that calling him Town on D1 is asking for trouble.
    For tim moving up in my list, I did really like how he thought about El landing on the thread when he showed up, thought that was a decent read.

When I said that whomever shot tim should keep quiet I was thinking in terms of a vig shot, not the SK. Probably not a great idea on my part, but trying to look at all possibilities (D1 thinking about 3p as survivor instead of SK is kind of a thing I do b/c I see survivor way more often than I see SK) made sense at the time.

Really not a clue what I was thinking about vro on the 24th, that was a while ago.

off to do other stuff for a while, @ me if y'all have any questions you want answered. I'm going to be reading Tim and Vro more today

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Do you devote pretty much your entire thread presence to attacking your woof partner D1? What does everyone think? Valid strategy? I'll wait.

The vast majority of Vroe's interactions are with Tims and WH D1.

They're all somewhat combative with each other.

At least that's the vibes I get, need to look closer at Tims/WH interactions.

nvm winston's a cool dude

It just looks like winston's trying to feel them both out through interactions, while Tims is actively shading Winston at points and Vroe's just trying to bury him.

BorgPicard is a paragon of towniness

UGH WHY IS IT TINY
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

no, not really. It's a gut thing in the way that he was interacting earlier. If I had words I'd have said them already basically.
    Raskol isn't usually incredibly hype about his rand in my experience, unless he's randed with people he likes (as wolf) or he's got a solidly townie role.
    He was super hype and had a lot of fun when Tim and I randed wolf with him, so when he says "tiddy bit disappointed with my rand" I'm not sure what to make of that.

I love randing town, VT specifically. I don't have to worry about play or whatever, I can just post, be free, and have fun. Randing wolf makes me nervous and tense, randing town PR has happened so infrequently that I can't really describe how it makes me feel.

Anyways, that's a lot of words to say "no, sorry"
    I don't know what this is? just word vomit, with a side of lamist kinda at the end.

Do you have any idea what you were trying to convey here HK? It just looks really forced.

who is skinner lol
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 View Post
    Pfft, at least all of those resemble your username.

c4
    English
    chess
    C3peo
    c4e
    Chess guy
    Heehokun
    Chessboy
    Seefore
    Chess moves
    Chessman
    Foresight
    Fractal gif guy
    Clairvoyant Craig
    Numbers guy
    5G Skinner
    Seymour
    Chess nerd
    3cha

why have neither of you really used twilight to it's full extent
    eod is 1am

winston what did you mean by this?
    as I recall, daisy came into the thread late and scumreading my antics pretty hard, which i townread (i'm a sucker for that kind of thing, most likely as a result of playing at gitp where half the town seem to scumread me for the same reasons every d1)

i was asking hk (and anyone else who was in that game) if this could be a similar situation, with me townreading someone for something they should actually be scumread for

winston why was my process here believale?
    in general, i'll say that when i get the sense of a town mindset, working through the information in front of them in a manner consistent with someone trying to figure things out

in this specific case, i'll have to read back a few pages to understand the threadflow, which will have to wait until after work

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I don't know what this is? just word vomit, with a side of lamist kinda at the end.

Do you have any idea what you were trying to convey here HK? It just looks really forced.
    I was conveying my reasons for my Raskol read. C4 asked if I would do that.
    My point there was that I didn't have quantifiable reasons for the read, it was a gut feeling about Raskols posts.

Do you devote pretty much your entire thread presence to attacking your woof partner D1? What does everyone think? Valid strategy? I'll wait.
    Champs G1 2020. I attacked anaxagore D1 for a "bad" reads list, rode that for two days till we turbo chopped him D3. D1 I also started laying groundwork for a wolf read on my other partner oromaji. He no posted D2 or 3, can't remember which now, and was replaced by mistyx (formerly Chemist1422) on D4. The two of us endgamed.

So yeah, attacking partners early can definitely build credit as flips start to happen, the question is are they attacking with what looks like TMI or are they attacking with what looks like townie arguments.

ugh

Champs G1 2020. I attacked anaxagore D1 for a "bad" reads list, rode that for two days till we turbo chopped him D3. D1 I also started laying groundwork for a wolf read on my other partner oromaji. He no posted D2 or 3, can't remember which now, and was replaced by mistyx (formerly Chemist1422) on D4. The two of us endgamed.

So yeah, attacking partners early can definitely build credit as flips start to happen, the question is are they attacking with what looks like TMI or are they attacking with what looks like townie arguments.
    I know it will work, my question is more if you have a limited number of posts, do you devote 90% of those to interacting/attacking your partners? Vroe made maybe a dozen posts D1 and only a couple dealt with anything other than WH.

I'm sure in that game that's not literally all you did right hk? I haven't gotten past D1, but that's literally all Vroe did.

it continues somewhat into d2 but it's far more resigned because Winston isn't a viable target at any point and all the wagons are town

Started rereading from D1 again,

If Winston is scum that's a good job from him in faking the interactions between him and Vro because the dynamics would be pretty weird. In that case I'd expecting some low level, but not over the top, conflict to be going on in scum chat at the time. Tims isn't exactly defending Winston, but at a time he has two votes giving soft shade just doesn't seem like scum!Winston

i'm gonna sheep pzelda b/c he looks smart
    vote: Vroendal
    I'm close to reading Vroe non-maf for this post.

The only thing stopping me is that Tim knows how prone I am to hard-townreading people who come at me like Vroe did.

Confidence says occam's razor; paranoia says leave a little asterisk.
    I get real concerned that I want the wrong guy but also

1. HK knows that the only votes that matter are hammers and end of day
    2. I don't think that Winston commits this hard to having the most inaccurate read on Vro possible if teammed?

HK continues to sheep pzelda on vro for a bit but I think i've already talked about this

I'm going to have to reread derpgate again (page 20) but I'm concerned that HK used it to park a vote on Laurentus to get his vote off of Vro since the only other option was me who was a townlean

I know it will work, my question is more if you have a limited number of posts, do you devote 90% of those to interacting/attacking your partners? Vroe made maybe a dozen posts D1 and only a couple dealt with anything other than WH.

I'm sure in that game that's not literally all you did right hk? I haven't gotten past D1, but that's literally all Vroe did.
    No, that wasn't all I did there. I also laid groundwork to get some town chops, but I did start thinking by the middle of D1 how I was going to end game solo based on how my pack mates were doing.

The question to ask here is: did vro interact mostly with his mates/people he knows b/c that was comforting to him or because he was afraid of spewing people town should he flip.
    I don't think he ever played like he thought he was in realistic danger of dying, even D5. The Borg kill on him seemed to catch him completely by surprise.

Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687475767778798081 LastLast