Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Rampage Out of Space

Default Re: Rampage Out of Space

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
    You still seem to have too much confidence. If everyone were to vote you, would that mean that everyone but you is mafia?
    I am town cop. Every night I get to choose a target and if they are mafia the message tells me. I trust the great messenger to tell the truth. So I get 100% certainty that my target is good or bad. That is why I am so confident. I get mechanic clearance unlike the the other town members who have to do things like meta reads or vote analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    There are a couple at least but nevermind that for now.

and wolfy bro.
    I kind of like this from Rask, because HK calling himself lazy indeed is wolfy. Let's wait and see.

Also, despite being fairly active and calling people towns, I can't find any reason to tr C4.

Winston and Gnome feel alright, maybe slightly mason-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    Also, despite being fairly active and calling people towns, I can't find any reason to tr C4.
    I am objectively playing the most pro-town of anyone right now.

Did you see the hk read? Agree? Disagree? That's close to a lock for me.

Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 View Post
    Wolf hk doesn't play to get townread. Wolf hk plays to win.

Wolf hk doesn't pass up the chance to keep shading me for being impatient. Wolf hk probably doesn't bother with trying to put on a stream of consciousness. Wolf hk probably doesn't need to hedge on Rask either; he doesn't push subtly. He'd just go for the kill.

Also the stream of consciousness itself is towny. Lines up with hk getting pinged by the thing and having trouble articulating it. Lots of detail in the thoughts that isn't trivial to make up quickly. Shows an honest effort to put something on paper for his read, probably because he sees I'm impatient and doesn't want to antagonize me all game, or something like that. Wolf hk wants to antagonize me all game.

Gonna shield this for a while.
    Feels pretty legit to me both on hk and c4, feel better about both of them.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I kind of like this from Rask, because HK calling himself lazy indeed is wolfy. Let's wait and see.

What's wrong with c4? Do you have a specific problem with how they're posting?

For D1 I think they're a solid tl so far for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by BorgPicard View Post
    I am town cop. Every night I get to choose a target and if they are mafia the message tells me. I trust the great messenger to tell the truth. So I get 100% certainty that my target is good or bad. That is why I am so confident. I get mechanic clearance unlike the the other town members who have to do things like meta reads or vote analysis.
    So you got a target before the game started?

Why claim so early?

Hmmmm, what about Winston makes you think he's tl? The interchange between winston and gnome has not really engendered anything beyond a null tell for me. I might even feel a bit of a woofy vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    What did you like about it? and why?
    It felt like a pretty honest interaction to me. Dolby reads c4 as being more frustrated by the slower speed of development of the thread, and I think it's a good read.

Since then I think C4 has also leaned more town for me with his HK read, and Dolby has also continued to feel pretty townie, rather open and easy in manner.

mad, bad, dangerous to know Member hollowkatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
    You still seem to have too much confidence. If everyone were to vote you, would that mean that everyone but you is mafia?
    BorgPicard, also known as LordArgon, is well known for claiming Cop D1 with his very first posts, and then maintaining that claim till he dies. He also plays with a lot of chutzpah and confidence.
    Basically this is NAI for him here. Still, kinda wanna do brutal day murder to him

Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 View Post
    Rask is town
    You told Rask he looked village because he fucked around first and then did town stuff after. Do you still hold on that read for him?

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    BorgPicard, also known as LordArgon, is well known for claiming Cop D1 with his very first posts, and then maintaining that claim till he dies. He also plays with a lot of chutzpah and confidence.
    Basically this is NAI for him here. Still, kinda wanna do brutal day murder to him
    So does he claim it when he's both town and not cop and when he's scum?

how is calling myself lazy wolfy? I definitely haven't been playing with any kind of alacrity or presence. I've been responding to things I think are interesting or neat, and ignoring things I don't particularly care about.

C4 is an easy town read to toss off, he's active, solving some people, and generally posting with the flow of things. None of which are townie on their own, but taken as a whole they're indicative of being more townie than not.
    If he's a wolf he eventually needs to wolf read town, yeah? When that happens we'll be able to start solving him IF we need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    So does he claim it when he's both town and not cop and when he's scum?
    yeah, yeah he does. There's a game on Mafia Universe, the Mario 2 game in the CFC subforum where he was wolf, claimed cop. I've also seen him be not a cop and claim it as town.
    Basically that's his shtick.

He's most likely to be wolf read when he's making pushes that don't make sense or when he's not engaging with and interacting with "real" posts as opposed to fluff. His activity level also tends to die down as wolf as the game goes on.

As town Borg will be more active as the game goes on in terms of real posts/reads/engagement, and he typically does his best posting/solving D2/3 and beyond

Member thankful for this post:

Lewwyn 

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Is your vote serious hk?

So Borg claims cop and to have already targeted Tims. And claimed that Tims is good. I inherently don't believe this.
    Why target Tims?

My initial read after the first 12 hours was Tim was a bit scummy, but multiple people corroborate his playing style as highly town Tim. His later longer read post could easily go either way for me. I like a good set of reads to then be able to stick people to, but it's also an easy way for a wolf to get good.

Is Csargo Csargo? I didn't like earlier posts, but more recently have felt it to be more real. Is my reasoning that he fucks around and that that makes his later townie stuff feel more real, IE: C4's reasoning on Rask? Possibly

Rask I'm on the fence about.

I don't really have good vibes about Winston or Gnome yet. I'd place my suspicions in that direction, not sure which of the two yet. Winston how do you feel about Rask?

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Is your vote serious hk?
    Do you love or hate his vote?

Do you love or hate his vote?
    I don't like it, but I've been assuming it's a joke vote this entire time.

Dolby asked about this too:

Quote Originally Posted by CutePanda View Post
    It seems quite abstract from pzelda , he starts reading wolf based on nothing. D1 reads seems quite out of place to me .
    I'm interested too. pzelda is an object of curiosity.

I don't like it, but I've been assuming it's a joke vote this entire time.
    You would prefer to wait on Borg and see how he plays down the line? Given that HK also implies that Borg is an easier read on D2/D3 it would make sense for HK to pursue other targets I agree.

I would vote for borg based on today, but actually hk's own words have convinced me not to.

You would prefer to wait on Borg and see how he plays down the line? Given that HK also implies that Borg is an easier read on D2/D3 it would make sense for HK to pursue other targets I agree.

I would vote for borg based on today, but actually hk's own words have convinced me not to.
    yeah, hk's analysis of borg is on point, and that leads me to tl him. i don't really see any reservation from borg interacting with people and that's usually a pretty good indicator of their alignment imo.

my goal here is to eat the N1 or dunk on Wolf Tim in F3

Is your vote serious hk?
    sure, why not?

So Borg claims cop and to have already targeted Tims. And claimed that Tims is good. I inherently don't believe this.
    Why target Tims?

My initial read after the first 12 hours was Tim was a bit scummy, but multiple people corroborate his playing style as highly town Tim. His later longer read post could easily go either way for me. I like a good set of reads to then be able to stick people to, but it's also an easy way for a wolf to get good.

Is Csargo Csargo? I didn't like earlier posts, but more recently have felt it to be more real. Is my reasoning that he fucks around and that that makes his later townie stuff feel more real, IE: C4's reasoning on Rask? Possibly

Rask I'm on the fence about.

I don't really have good vibes about Winston or Gnome yet. I'd place my suspicions in that direction, not sure which of the two yet. Winston how do you feel about Rask?
    Wait who's town reading Tim? There's no way anyone should be town reading him currently

HK:

Tim not flooding the gates with posts probably should be a villa lean, but it would be a meh meta lean.
    I asked if Scum tim would flood thread, Borg answers yes.

So while it's not a town lean its a meta town lean, of which I'm not sure about based on my unfamiliarity.

HOST TALLY 1-2

Rask (3): Csargo, Zelda, Winston
    Borg (2): c4, Hollow
    c4 (1): Borg
    Winston (1): Rask

Not Voting (10): Dolby, Tim, Gnome, Ibn, Lewwyn, Nanook, Laurentus, El-A, Vroendal, Panda

Movement
    [Rask] Csargo >> Winston
    [Hollow] Rask >>> Borg

You are all very far from the post cap, so don't feel constrained.

@Laurentus
    @El-ahrairah
    @Vroendal
    Please post/vote at least once per day.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

sure, why not?

HK:

I asked if Scum tim would flood thread, Borg answers yes.

So while it's not a town lean its a meta town lean, of which I'm not sure about based on my unfamiliarity.
    ahh gotcha, ok.
    I've found Tim to generally flood regardless of alignment.
    When Tim is town generally he will find things he doesn't like about someone and poke at them till they either cough up a wolf pelt OR they are found to be town.
    When Tim is a wolf generally he lets the thread take it's own direction and will nudge things along but doesn't "hard push" obvs townies.

Dunno wtf Tim is doing in this game tho. I want to town read him for a couple posts, including his reads list even though he says it's inaccurate and has too many wolves.

Embrace the Slack
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l500.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	24713

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Also yes, my vote on Borg is legit

Also yes, my vote on Borg is legit
    could you lay out why? i don't see anything wrong with their posts, other than that weird one, which is par for the course for la

Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast