Page 1 of 81 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Rampage Out of Space

Default Rampage Out of Space

RAMPAGE OUT OF SPACE

Since 2101 the Unified Marines of the Earth Nations have governed human territory with justice and peaciousity. By promoting brotherhood among the Marine fighting forces of the human factions - the toughest of the tough, the best of the best, the pick of the crop, the creme de la creme, the ne plus ultras, the nonpareils par excellence, e pluribus unum - all former social divisions within the species were quickly overcome for the sake of stanning all Marines.

However, other problems remain. A shadowy cabal of bionically-augmented supermutants strive to smash the new world order because they're bad. Unfortunately, their biochem corpus is far in advance of UMEN's, such that a single bionic soldier is worth ten Marines in battle. In 7 years of hard fighting since the bionics made themselves known, millions have died and 3% of the Earth's landmass has been devastated.

Now, the Unified Marines of the Earth Nations have assembled a task force, the Strike Envelope Sortie (UMENSES) of the very most elite Marines, the baddest dudes around, to engage the deepest organs of the bionic front in a daring insertion operation.

Game Setup

Closed setup: 13 town, 3 mafia, 1 third party. No conversion mechanics. Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated. Other factional victory conditions unknown.

Rounds are 48-24 hour phases set around 8:00 PM ET. Day length will be reduced to 24 hours if F5 (Final 5) or lower is reached, and possibly sooner at host discretion. Standard plurality ouster (no hammer). Full reveal on death.

Ties are resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors. Tied players have 15 minutes to submit 3 RPS moves to the host. Ties will be resolved according to these submissions, whereby all tied players will play three rounds against all other tied players. The player with the fewest cumulative wins will be ousted. Persistent ties following RPS will be decided by RNG. Missing orders will count as all rock for the tiebreaker.

IMPORTANT: There is a hard 125 post cap D1-3, including during EOD. You're strong and silent types, you can manage. However, EOD posts containing only votes do not count against the cap. If you exceed the post cap you may earn a Deathpoint, which will act as a fixed vote against you on the tally the following day. There are no caps after D3.

Twilight is uncapped. Twilight is a 1-hour discussion period following the Day. For convenience, the clock will run from the time the host posts the writeup and reveal.

Rules

This is an experimental 17er, intended to be anxiety-driven and slightly bastard, in that some role information may be revealed to non-vanilla players over time or on conditional triggers.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    DAY RULES
    1. Vote to oust a player each day, e.g. Vote: Visorslash. Not allowed are Vote: No Lim (aka Sleep) and Vote: Abstain, since you're all a decisive, rough and ready sort of folk by flavor. Unvoting (Unvote:) is noted, but not required to place a new vote. Stick to this format. Misspellings and nicknames are acceptable as long as they are not obscure.

2. On this forum the players must self-regulate. Do not exceed post caps or you may be penalized. Do not post while day elimination is being resolved - :00 good, :01 bad. Do not post after Twilight is finished.

3. Host will post tallies throughout the day, but players are encouraged to maintain and share their own as well. There will be host messages signalling milestones, such as beginning of EOD or Twilight.

4. Going a day-phase without participating (speaking or voting) puts one at risk of replacement. PM the host if you cannot continue to participate. Do not discuss the nature of substitutions.

5. For the purpose of resolving ties, players may submit/reserve RPS orders ahead of time, especially if they feel they cannot be present for EOD.

COMMUNICATIONS RULES
    1. Do not discuss the game publicly outside the game thread.

2. Do not ask the host mechanical questions in the thread.

3. Night begins when Twilight ends. Do not post in thread during Night.

4. Don't reference role PMs or the wording of their flavor in the thread.

5. Living players may not communicate privately or outside the thread, unless they have a good reason. If you are unsure whether you have a good reason, PM the host. Host must be CCed on or have access to all player communications.

6. You may not post screenshots of or directly quote your role PM or mod communications.

7. You may not delete posts in the game thread for any reason at any time. You may make modest edits within 2 minutes of posting. The primary aim is to avoid votes or EOD posts (-1 hour) being modified, so for any edited post with a vote the vote is considered invalid. Keep that in mind.

8. If you die, you may no longer post in the thread. You may continue to Thank posts IF you are only Vanilla Town, or more plainly if you possess no hidden information.

NIGHT RULES
    1. If you have actions to submit, the deadline is an hour before Start of Day (SoD-1).

2. Do not post in the thread at Night.

GENERAL RULES
    Take a look at this guide for players unfamiliar with mafia on the Org. It's earthy, solid, unagenda'd, generally helpful, and answers some common questions. - Zack

1. You are expected to behave civilly. Follow Gameroom and Org rules.

2. Host can act in ad hoc fashion to preserve game integrity if necessary, up to and including Wrath of God (modkill).

Signups:

1. c4e5g3d5 (c4)
    2. hollowkatt (hollow/HK)
    3. Raskolnikov (Rask)
    4. Dolby (Dolbster/Dolb)
    5. Winston Hughes (Winston/WH/McGinty)
    6. Timsup2nothin (Tim/Tims)
    7. Garden Gnome (Gnome/GG)
    8. Ibn-Khaldun (Ibn/ IK)
    9. Lewwyn (Lew)
    10. BorgPicard (Borg/Picard/LA/Argon)
    11. Nanook (Nook)
    12. Csargo (Csar)
    13. Laurentus (Laur)
    14. El-Ahrairah (El/El-A)
    15. Vroendal (Vro)
    16. pzelda (Zelda/Capage/Cap)
    17. CutePanda (Panda/CP)

Replacements/Substitutes:

0. LegacyofSmiles (Legacy/Smiles/LoS/Wiml)
    --
    1. Logic (Yako)
    2. Nagisa (Nagi/Ignoramus/Igno)
    3. Ampharos (Amp/Amy)
    4. Cute Turtle (CT/Turtle)
    Last edited by Montmorency; 04-20-2021 at 20:47.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Default Re: Rampage Out of Space

GAME MILESTONES

D1 Raskolnikov was ousted
    N1 c4e5g3d5 and Timsup2nothin were killed
    D2 El-Ahrairah was ousted
    N2
    D3 Garden Gnome was ousted
    N3 Lewwyn, CutePanda, and NANOOK have died
    D4 Ibn-Khaldun was ousted
    N4 pzelda was killed
    D5 BorgPicard was ousted; Vroendal was killed.
    N5 Laurentus was killed
    D6 hollowkatt was ousted

Postmortem
    Game Information
    Host Diary
    Mechanical Discussion
    Inspirations

Spoilers/reveals

D1 Raskolnikov (VT) was ousted
    N1 c4e5g3d5 (VT) and Timsup2nothin (Goon) were killed
    D2 El-Ahrairah (VT) was ousted
    N2
    D3 Garden Gnome (VT) was ousted
    N3 Lewwyn (Technician), CutePanda (VT), and NANOOK (VT)have died
    D4 Ibn-Khaldun (VT) was ousted
    N4 pzelda (Detective) was killed
    D5 BorgPicard (Alien Werewolf/BAKEMONO/Serial Killer) was ousted; Vroendal (Supralatus/Godfather) was killed
    N5 Laurentus (VT) was killed
    D6 hollowkatt (VT) was ousted

Last edited by Montmorency; 10-06-2021 at 21:02.
    Vitiate Man.

DO NOT POST YET

h y p e

Last edited by Montmorency; 04-20-2021 at 04:11.
    Vitiate Man.

The Rampage Begins

---Bionic command center---
    ---Nameless exurb---
    ---Libertanian continent---

Major Montmorency strolled through the wreckage of smoking corpses to the checkpoint. Established by the last remnants of the last surviving company of the UMEN strike envelope, it monitored the premises of a Ducky Sleaze Shameless Pizza. There were few enough that the Major could communicate by naked voice.

This is it, Marines. Every Bionic in the zone is thought to be neutralized, but a rearguard element fought their way through the underground facility - here he gestured toward the derelict entertainment center - and wiped out the 'ported Marines who previously secured the place. Our intelligence indicates no exits or entrances other than this one, so we figure the Borgs are on a suicide mission to scrap their projects and prevent what all data and technology on site from falling into UMEN's possession. We've got to move in immediately and finish the job so our forensic cordon can move in and seize the invaluable assets surely contained here and throughout the sector.

Here Sergeant Visorslash interrupted to question the wisdom of proceeding without reinforcements amid such great slaughter, no longer having the advantage of surprise either.

Our orders are to suck it up and finish the mission, slacker. Reinforcements have been diverted to resist diversionary Bionic counterattacks worldwide. We don't have the option of withdrawing, and if we sit tight then at a minimum it is likely that the Bionic survivors will fully sabotage the facility and sneak out alive under our noses. Or they'll deploy some sort of superweapon. Or the borg themselves will receive reinforcement, in which case we have better prospects taking a defensive posture within the inner sanctum than around this parking lot. The point is, it's improvise, adapt, or die. Any further complaints?

Yut yut yut yut yut yut yut, came the glum chorus...

The cadre carefully sifted through the outer shell above the facility, the pizza place that had stood abandoned for at least a generation since the evacuation of the sub-urban hinterlands. They combed without incident through the subterranean cargo load, the polished (now with blood and char) waiting area, and the concerningly-superfluous office block. The troops were unnerved by the quiet, and by the constant presence of bodies, both friend and foe, littered about. Though the plan was doubly-risky, spreading fireteams for the tele-sertion throughout the entire complex, rather than in a single area, or on the surface (for a classic envelopment and assault inward), proved to maximize the toll to Bionic operators. It also, of course, assured the deaths of the entire initial bridgehead. Still, the autonomous defense system remained mercifully deactivated, and in relative terms the kill ratio had never been better.

The handful of surviving Bionics would certainly be present in the most valuable sections of the facility now, the laboratories, the armories, and the command room itself.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

After a full day of agonized alert and cavalcade of unnameable horrors witnessed, the Marines made a base in the cafeteria. They had traversed half the known area of the facility, yet no resistance or hint of life had been encountered. The atmosphere had gone from tense and sensitive to eerily oppressive.

Sergeant Visorslash again offered his insight: perhaps, relying on their stealth technology, the Bionics had simply avoided the Marines and snuck out already.

Major Montmorency was dismissive. No chance, sucker. They fought their way in here, so there's something they want to accomplish. Have they already? Why would we believe it? No, they're still here, make no mistake. But your protests about stealth give me a notion...

The Major drew on the Sarge. Troops, attention! We've got intruders, and Mr. Abstain here has to be one of them. The whole plan must have been to embed in our group as we came to secure the facility, picking us off along the way without confronting our strength head on! Men, the real Visorslash must have died bravely many hours ago. Blast that impostor immediately!

While the rest milled in stunned inaction, Visor meekly suggested that the whole group clear itself through cogent discussion and collectively establish who the true Marines are, and who the malign interlopers.

There is general agreement. Maybe ol' Visor will live the mission out yet.

DAY ONE BEGINS

Phase ends

Living Players (17)

@c4e5g3d5 (c4)
    @hollowkatt (hollow/HK)
    @Raskolnikov (Raskol/Rask)
    @Dolby (Dolbster/Dolb)
    @Winston Hughes (Winston/WH/McGinty)
    @Timsup2nothin (Tim/Tims)
    @Garden Gnome (Gnome/GG)
    @Ibn-Khaldun (Ibn/IK)
    @Lewwyn (Lew)
    @BorgPicard (Borg/Picard/LA/Argon)
    @NANOOK (Nook)
    @Csargo (Csar)
    @Laurentus (Laur)
    @El-ahrairah (El/El-A)
    @Vroendal (Vro)
    @pzelda (Zelda/Capage/Cap)
    @CutePanda (Panda/CP)

Dead Players (0)
    Last edited by Montmorency; 04-20-2021 at 20:48.
    Vitiate Man.

HOST NOTICE: RULES UPDATE

One new rule has been added to the OP, and another has been specified better. In short, do not reference or discuss the flavor of your PMs, and do not post in the thread during Night (after Twilight). Also, you may submit RPS orders in advance if you like; I will take them into account if you are part of a tie (useful for people who aren't around at EOD). Don't everyone do this though, or my inbox will be flooded.

These additions can be found colored green in the Rules spoiler in the OP.

Reminder: 125 post cap in effect. You can see your post count in the thread by moving a level up into the Gameroom subforum and clicking on the number of Replies to the thread, on the right side of the screen.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 04-20-2021 at 01:20.
    Vitiate Man.

Hello everyone. I am new to the site and have some questions? What is a Mason? Also what is a role cop and why am I one?

Eighth

Vote: BorgPicard

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BorgPicard View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to the site and have some questions? What is a Mason? Also what is a role cop and why am I one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Sergeant Visorslash again offered his insight: perhaps, relying on their stealth technology, the Bionics had simply avoided the Marines and snuck out already.

Major Montmorency was dismissive. No chance, sucker. They fought their way in here, so there's something they want to accomplish. Have they already? Why would we believe it? No, they're still here, make no mistake. But your protests about stealth give me a notion...

Member thankful for this post:

Anyone here

vote: c4
    Why would you vote for a law enforcement officer? Unless you were an evil criminal.

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Hello friendos!
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

BorgPicard is a paragon of towniness

Hello Task I have a night zero read as a cop. Isn't that pretty cool?

I have travelled across the galaxy to vote my friends hollowkatt, but sadly Csargo randed woof.

vote: Csargo
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Oops I meant Rask. Thank you Dolby for having the common sense to town read a role cop.

Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 View Post
    Eighth

If you want I can check to see if they are evil like I did Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by BorgPicard View Post
    Hello Task I have a night zero read as a cop. Isn't that pretty cool?
    It definatly is (but not as much as the org smiley base)

Who's boxed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I have travelled across the galaxy to vote my friends hollowkatt, but sadly Csargo randed woof.

vote: Csargo

Vote:Rask

It definatly is (but not as much as the org smiley base)

Who's boxed in?

Just for you

My sarcasm radar is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post

Vote:Rask

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e2bsF55.gif 
Views:	85 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	24706  

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

XD

Are most org games like this

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post

XD

Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 View Post
    Are most org games like this
    Prolly not. But that's what you get joining a game with the CFC gang. What's up?

violence, clearly a woof move.

Prolly not. But that's what you get joining a game with the CFC gang. What's up?
    Town rands are relieving. You?

Page 1 of 81 123451151 ... LastLast