Thread: Kartvelian Warriors (Colchians, Caucasian Iberians, Chalybeans, Meskhians and Others)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kartvelian Warriors - Сholchians and Caucasian Iberians

These materials are from Works of archaeologists Gela Gamkrelidze© and Iulon Gagoshidze©

Last edited by Khevsur; 04-21-2021 at 11:47.

Lightbulb Kartvelian Warriors (Colchians, Caucasian Iberians, Chalybeans, Meskhians and Others)

Zarrr
    wermez
    Arjos

I believe you are conscious people. I helped Arjos create Colchians unit. Brenus asked me to create a concept for the Caucasian Iberians unit. I complied with his request.

Guys please create this warrior.Remove kartvelian horned pagan musician-clowns ,greek helmets and cnemides, black conical hats and iron shields From Black sea coast.

This is ancient pagan Kartvelian Clown Musicians. this were not helmet.kartvelians not have horned helmets. Please do not make this mistake again https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16014892

"Mehomni" this word is not in Modern and old Georgian Languages. Very old Georgian Grammatically correct form is "Meomarni Kartlisani" .Do not make this mistake again.

Iberian warrior - Meomarni Kartlisani 5th-3rd с BC

Helmets

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bronze Plates helmet From Varsimaantkari 5th-4th c BC

Bronze Plates helmet From Kamarakhevi 5th -4th c BC. Reconstruction from the book archeologist Gela Gamkrelidze

Plates helmet Silver rhyton from Gomi 1st c BC - 1st c AD

warriors with Conical helmets - Arts on wine pitchers , From Samadlo 3rd с BC Very similar to Urartian conical Bronze Helmets

East Georgian Highlanders Traditional hats and Fur leather Clothes

Shields

Bronze 27-30 sm Shield bosses :

From Varsimaantkari 5th-4th c BC

From Kamarakhevi 5th-4th c BC

warriors with round shields - Arts on wine pitchers , From Samadlo 3rd с BC

Bronze shield boss 2nd c BC from vani . and archaelogist gela gamkrelidze reconstruction

Armors

hellenistic age Сholch-iberians Bronze(up) and Iron armors(down). Reconstruction from the book archeologist Gela Gamkrelidze

Swords

swords from east and central Georgia 4th-3rd c BC

Axes

Axes from East Georgia 4th-3rd c BC

Javelins

javelins from east georgia 4th-3rd c BC

Knives

Knives and daggers from East Georgia 4th-3rd c BC

clothing

6th-4th c BC man figure from vani

1st c AD Iberian cavalrymans from Dedoflisgora

Belts

Silver Belt From akhalgori 4th c BC

Nobles jewellery from East and West Georgia 4th-3rd c BC

earringings

Bracelet

Bracelet and nickelance

iberian man necklance of Deity Pig

Guys, this topic will help you:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...or-EB-II-2-35A
    Last edited by Khevsur; 04-24-2021 at 13:14.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Kartvelian Warriors (Colchians, Caucasian Iberians, Chalybeans, Meskhians and Oth

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    "Mehomni" this word is not in Modern and old Georgian Languages. Very old Georgian Grammatically correct form is "Meomarni Kartlisani" .Do not make this mistake again.
    Пожалуйста докажите

Ilia Abuladze lists me-hom-e as the oldest attested form. Mind you this is Old Georgian and so 700 years removed from our timeframe...

Meomarni is modern Georgian roughly 1300 years removed from our start date...

Default Re: Kartvelian Warriors (Colchians, Caucasian Iberians, Chalybeans, Meskhians and Oth

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Пожалуйста докажите

Ilia Abuladze lists me-hom-e as the oldest attested form. Mind you this is Old Georgian and so 700 years removed from our timeframe...

Meomarni is modern Georgian roughly 1300 years removed from our start date...

I think you are right . I found it word. I was glad that you are righteous .You are a smart man. I like talking to an educated person

Did you like my concept? Iberians should be done as guerilla, agressive and Brave , Fast moving.With barbaric visuals and furry skins. Fencing masters. The mountaineers had an ancient fencing school.These are all warriors of the Middle Ages-Shavparosnebi, but the character is understandable
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGPXoAmpSs

How about horned helmet? these are ancient bronze clowns figurine - Berikebi
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16014892

Shields of Kartvelni Mehomni are from Colchis. shields with two plates are bronze ,is not iron,There is a mistake here . East Georgia found only bronze shield bosses from Varsimaantkari and Kamarakhevi.Strabo notes leather shields of iberians. Iberian mountaineers did not have many iron.Iron was very precious in the mountains.They did not use iron for shields. These metal Shields are large size. In the mountains it is very difficult to fight with a big heavy metal shield.

Greek Chalcidian helmets and Сnemides are found only in Colchis, Not found in Iberia. Also not visible on images of Iberian horsemens. East Georgia found only bronze plates Helmets in Varsimaantkari and Kamarakhevi. Conical helmets are urartian type, but all are defragmented. warriors from samadlo have conical helmets

Strabo mentions the traditional fur hats and leather fur vests of the Iberian mountaineers.It’s a simple design that stays the same for centuries . This is a mountain shepherds' clothing. Gray, black, brown and white furry leather clothing will be better. also I think traditional fur hats are better, than conical black hats of fictional design.

Their knives are Colchian, in Iberia found curved knives

I think it is better to make the new Colchians and Iberians more beautifully and historically accurately. This is a total of 2 units
    Last edited by Khevsur; 04-21-2021 at 14:56.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

The current Mehomni, as were concepted, are supposed to represent the assault infantrymen used by Mithradates VI, from the material and area of Kuji. Essentially they are the warrior entourage of the skeptoukhoi/Eristavi of Egrisi, Argveti and Odzrkhe. They are Kartveli, but not from Kartli, though neither they are Margali...

About the horned helmets, the idea and concept was to represent more religious warriors, among the others. Keeping in mind for example how Xenophon talks about Pyrrhic/military dances, that were used also in Moesia and Mysia (ancient connection to Mushki?), but also among the Mossynoikoi/მოსინიკები, who practiced many public dances. There still are traditions today in the Caucasus, whereby men and women dance with weapons...
    I've read also articles about the Kazbegi statuettes, interpreting them as such martial dances, a couple of figurines being described as two pugilists. That today this carnival-like Berikebi still exist might show how such traditions were powerful and even with Christianity weren't completely removed...

The Eshera shield model, I agreed also with Zarrr that will be removed, because from Abkhazia and outside of the influence of Kuji...

I hope you understand and see my interest in showing the Kartvelian culture in the mod, despite the limitations of the game and the number of available units...

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    The current Mehomni, as were concepted, are supposed to represent the assault infantrymen used by Mithradates VI, from the material and area of Kuji. Essentially they are the warrior entourage of the skeptoukhoi/Eristavi of Egrisi, Argveti and Odzrkhe. They are Kartveli, but not from Kartli, though neither they are Margali...

About the horned helmets, the idea and concept was to represent more religious warriors, among the others. Keeping in mind for example how Xenophon talks about Pyrrhic/military dances, that were used also in Moesia and Mysia (ancient connection to Mushki?), but also among the Mossynoikoi/მოსინიკები, who practiced many public dances. There still are traditions today in the Caucasus, whereby men and women dance with weapons...
    I've read also articles about the Kazbegi statuettes, interpreting them as such martial dances, a couple of figurines being described as two pugilists. That today this carnival-like Berikebi still exist might show how such traditions were powerful and even with Christianity weren't completely removed...

The Eshera shield model, I agreed also with Zarrr that will be removed, because from Abkhazia and outside of the influence of Kuji...

I hope you understand and see my interest in showing the Kartvelian culture in the mod, despite the limitations of the game and the number of available units...
    I am glad that you are interested in the Kartvelian tribes (Colchians, Iberians, Chalybes, Moschoi and so on)...I have a proposal to create in their place typical and characteristic Caucasian Iberian warriors. They are very often mentioned by Greek historians. Nobody knows what the warriors from Argveti were like as they are not mentioned in the sources. But we know what the Iberian warriors were like. They are often referred and found in archaeological materials in the Iberian mountains and highlands. I created this concept after a personal visit with archaeologist and historian Gela Gamkrelidze https://georgiannationalmuseum.acade...elaGamkrelidze . Let's take out the current outfit and give them the tools according to my concept, for example , what is found in Iberia.

I also suggest that instead of the late Caucasian Cavalry of the late period be Iberian shock Cavalry https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16015892, which is reflected on the Gaming plate of "Dedoflis Gora" and is described by archaeologist-historian Yulon Gagoshidze. These warriors: Iberian mountaineers and Iberian cavalry played a major role in this region and for the Kingdom of Iberia.

As for the division between Colchis and Iberian. Back then these people were just one politically divided people and they spoke one Karto -Zan language. Which later disintegrated into Kartli and Egri dialects. Ancient sources explain that Colchis and Moskhi are one family.

I have this paper for you, if you have not read it, I think you will be very interested in it.

David Braund - Georgia in Antiquity: A History of Colchis and Transcaucasian Iberia, 550 BC-AD 562

https://www.mediafire.com/file/74ojf...%2529.pdf/file
    Last edited by Khevsur; 04-23-2021 at 19:59.