Thread: frequent crashes

Default frequent crashes

Hello there,

I'm enjoying EBII, unfortunately the game crashes a lot.

I've applied LAA to both medieval.exe and the EB shortcut. I'm using the Steam version, the installation folder is not under Program Files

i've posted the log under mods\ebii\logs on pastebin https://pastebin.com/7RL1rY3M

Using Windows 10.

If you need any more information let me know so i can this game running smoothly and stable.

Grammar Exorcist Member Alexander the Average's Avatar

Default Re: frequent crashes

I recommend trying to run EBII without any .exe modifications first, and see if that helps before asking for help here - It's not really necessary to play the game or the mod anyway.

If you insist on using it, you first need to confirm that M2TW runs normally with the LAA patch you're using. If it doesn't, then you've probably applied it incorrectly. Please also remember not to post any links regarding 4GB patch or any LAA patch or other .exe modifications here; I believe it's against the rules.

You also don't need to apply it to your shortcut - I doubt that would cause your crashes but it isn't necessary anyway.
    Last edited by Alexander the Average; 05-03-2021 at 21:49.
    -AtA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Average View Post
    I recommend trying to run EBII without any .exe modifications first, and see if that helps before asking for help here - It's not really necessary to play the game or the mod anyway.

If you insist on using it, you first need to confirm that M2TW runs normally with the LAA patch you're using. If it doesn't, then you've probably applied it incorrectly. Please also remember not to post any links regarding 4GB patch or any LAA patch or other .exe modifications here; I believe it's against the rules.

You also don't need to apply it to your shortcut - I doubt that would cause your crashes but it isn't necessary anyway.
    I don't have any .exe modifications, the only thing i've done is add the line that allows me to play borderless windowed. I've just tested M2TW and it's running fine.

Any ideas what might be causing my issues?

An LAA patch is a modification of the .exe by definition

That's why you had to "apply" it to the .exe file, as you indicated the OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by subsandsoda View Post
    I've applied LAA to both medieval.exe and the EB shortcut.
    Last edited by Alexander the Average; 05-03-2021 at 23:12.
    -AtA

I first ran EBII without LAA, and then it was even worse. LAA seemed to have helped, but i'm still getting crashes more frequently than i am comfortable with.

When are the crashes happening (during battle, before battle, during end turn, during another faction's turn, etc.) and what kind of errors are you getting?

I'm afraid you'll need to provide a lot more information in order to get help.
    -AtA

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Which version of EBII are you playing (check the bottom left corner of the main menu)? The latest (v2.35A Release 2) is much more stable than earlier ones were.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR