Thread: A conversation on the legacy of Shogun Total War

Default A conversation on the legacy of Shogun Total War

Hello Folks!

A youtuber who goes by Brought To Bear has "interviewed" me and put our conversation up on youtube. It's just a couple dudes talking about STW and the Total War franchise but if that might interest you then give us a view! Even better, join in the conversation in the comments section.

Just so you know I've had issues with uploading videos in the media section of this website. To that end edyzmedieval has encouraged me to just post videos here for now. I'm not trying to flood this sub forum with posts about me and my channel...but at the same time I'd like to open up a conversation about this awesome game anytime there's an opportunity.

Last but not least, I'm a relatively new player to Total War. As I describe in the video, most of my experience with the franchise has been through youtube and forums. As such, when I'm talking about the way STW players felt when the game was first released and subsequently when the change was made away from the risk style campaign map and towards the more 3D campaign featured in RTW I'm not talking about my own feelings. Rather I'm more or less summing up the impressions that I've gathered while digging through this sub forum and others like it. If you were one of the OG's and you feel that I've misrepresented or over generalized the community impressions then I apologize, no offence was ever intended.

Enjoy the video!

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Default Re: A conversation on the legacy of Shogun Total War

Gah! Shoggy game has place in Krast's heart! Gah!

Place is near the soup ....

Member thankful for this post:

Xantan 

Quote Originally Posted by Krasturak View Post
    Gah! Shoggy game has place in Krast's heart! Gah!

Place is near the soup ....
    haha hello Krast! I'm happy to hear Shoggy still has a place in your heart. It has a place in mine as well, I just wish I had found the game while it still had an active community

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Ahhh, Krasturak, welcome back to the Org!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

That was a unique interview by Bear, I agree, there should be a mobile for STW

Amazing interview! It's always cool to read STW and MTW threads for free time...

I want a remastered of original shogun and Med1.... It seems it's going with the right direction with CA/Feral remastered tradition started with Rome.... If we get med2 remastered, shoggy 1 could be the next with med1 (maybe they could get mobile ports first before remaster them as a whole).

I don't know, but something say to me it will happen.

Anyone agree's with me?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Realistically, at this point, I think STW1 and MTW1 should be left alone as they are. Forever.

Remasters are a hit and miss for many publishers, and having such an old game be remastered will only bring issues. Mafia 1 was a great remaster, but not many get the same.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?