Thread: Evolution of Total War - 2000 / 2022

Default Evolution of Total War - 2000 / 2022

A good overview & video, showcasing the evolution of TW up until 2022.

That being said, there's something pretty important to be seen from the video - we haven't had a new historical TW title in a while. And while we're awaiting the team to come up with a new historical game, the problem we have is that we have not had a new game in almost 5 years. While some of us are not fans of Warhammer (me included), we have no choice but to go to other series or play the old games.

Fortunately, there's a huge selection of mods... but it's been almost 5 years man.

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Default Re: Evolution of Total War - 2000 / 2022

Haha, we have come a long way!

I still remember almost like if it was yesterday the feelings of battles and river choke points in Shogun Total War, with the Yari and Naginata Troops backed by Archers.

But I had started to forget the visuals and watching this rekindled them :) Now while Shogun is very aged, I play Shogun 2 still and love it :) It really has Aged very well and it could have been released today and people would not say anything :)

It harbors both the memories and feelings of Shogun in all its Graphical updated Glory and additional features!

And I say the same for Rome 2, for me it is the one close to heart, which encompasses the fun of Rome in a new model and format and grandiose Campaigns.

nice video thanks for posting!
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

The video looks good thanks to the person who made it.
    Last edited by AgnesiaBirgith; 02-22-2023 at 19:37.

It stores not only the upgraded graphics and functionality of Shogun, but also the emotions associated with the game. Very interesting!

The first time I saw the box cover of the original STW, I thought it was fake, false advertisement. I underestimated technology at that time. It took months to get me to give the game a try.
    Wooooo!!!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

And here's the latest evolution of the series, Pharaoh TW.

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    And here's the latest evolution of the series, Pharaoh TW.

suika game

The trailer was so exciting that I couldn't sit still waiting for it to download to my laptop.