Thread: NEED HELP WITH A MOD

Default NEED HELP WITH A MOD

HELLO! I AM BIG FAN OF THE M2TW series with mods, came to see if there is anyone that can help with a certain mod:

http://www.bosniafacts.info/medieval...-of-bosnia-mod

I did all guides for installation including from Gigantius (STEAM, but i got non steam), yet still the mod won't load either it crashes fatal error or it loads the main base game, any help would be appreciated to figure what's the issue!

Cheers!

LOGS:
    16:13:28.255 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:13:28.256 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    16:13:28.259 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:13:28.260 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:13:28.260 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:13:28.262 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:13:28.262 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:13:28.262 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:13:28.265 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:13:28.265 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    16:13:28.267 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/expanded.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:13:28.267 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/expanded.txt is missing
    16:13:28.268 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:13:28.268 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    16:13:28.270 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:13:28.270 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    16:13:28.273 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:13:28.273 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/missions.txt is missing
    16:13:28.273 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:13:28.277 [system.io] [warning] open: Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    16:13:28.380 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

When i run the .bat it just shows the black cmd. then disappears.
    Last edited by Bosanac; 03-31-2022 at 16:34.

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH A MOD

Hello,

It seems to me that the .cfg is not loading the proper mod folder and it is trying to use file.io

I have not played this mod but lets me sift a bit the instructions a bit. Please hold! :)
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH A MOD

Hello,

What version of the GAme do you have?

At first glance this mod seems to be outdated, for an older version of the game. On their site they ask Patch 1.2, Released 4 May 2007

The Kingdom_of_Bosnia.cfg has some outdated Tags too, it has [mod] instead of [features] and the Path to the Mod is all wrong too (anyways for me I am on the STEAM setup of the game).

So I had to make some small tweaks and configured a Windows Shortcut with "--features.mod\Kingdom_of_Bosnia"

I was able to start the game with this mod, but not does crash after the opening scenes come to animation.

The high level log shows:

18:35:49.911 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:35:49.911 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    18:35:49.915 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:35:49.915 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:35:49.916 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:35:49.917 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:35:49.917 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:35:49.917 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:35:53.681 [data.xml.tag] [error] File:[mods/Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/descr_movies.xml]Error: empty tag.(4:26)
    18:35:53.684 [data.xml.tag] [error] File:[mods/Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/descr_movies_tracks.xml]Error: empty tag.(6:20)
    18:35:54.673 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Digging the .xml files I can see that this mod was made for the older version of the game referring to "mymod" folder instead.

<movie name=../../mymod/data/fmv"faction/game_intro.bik">
    <faction name=../../mymod/data/fmv"none">
    <track>0</track>
    <timing>fmv_timings/Game_Intro_Subtitle_Timing.txt</timing>
    <text>FactionIntroSubTitles.txt</text>
    <lookup>FactionIntroSubTitles_lookup.txt</lookup>
    </faction>
    </movie>
    The mod files do not contain any Animation folder or fmv, I added these and tried again to no avail changed the .xml tags and also just deleted these files the errors went away but the game still crashes.

I changed the log level to get more info in atrace and I get 5KB of data here

The file ends with

19:16:51.608 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/sounds/Voice/Animal/Wardog/Wardog_Death_01.wav
    19:16:51.608 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/sounds/Voice/Animal/Wardog/Wardog_Death_02.wav
    19:16:51.608 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/sounds/Voice/Animal/Wardog/Wardog_Death_03.wav
    19:16:51.608 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Kingdom_of_Bosnia/data/sounds/Voice/Animal/Wardog/Wardog_Death_04.wav
    19:16:51.706 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    So verdict is that I believe the Mod Creator needs to recreate this for Latest Version, you are not doing anything wrong. The mod is not working on this version and requires some re-work.

Cheers!
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~