Thread: Civil war dilemma

Default Civil war dilemma

When a civil war in your faction starts, you are informed about the number of provinces loyalists and rebels have and the number of troops on each side. Is there any possibility to know what are these provinces and what kind of troops are billeted there to make a more knowledgeable choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

The Philosopher Duke Member Suraknar's Avatar

Default Re: Civil war dilemma

Long time... greetings ;)

Hmm, I have not had a Civil War in M2TW in years..

I recently started playing again and a new Campaign but no Civil Wars yet.

So...IF memory serves, I think what happens in M2TW is that the non Loyalist Faction just becomes Rebels, and you have to conquer them again. It is not as developed as in Empire Total War where there is the formation of another Faction and act in unity.

You will know which provinces are Seceding because they will change to "Light Grey" Rebel color and the composition of their armies can be known the normal way through spies infiltration etc.

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Also (edit)

Empathy and Compassion for all those that are suffering from the ravages of War in your country of origin, may the suffering end soon for all!
    Last edited by Suraknar; 04-17-2022 at 23:16. Reason: Philotimo (Honor)
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"
    Traveled to: Over 70 Countries, most recent: and

~ Ask not what modding can do for you, rather ask what you can do for modding ~
    ~ Everyone dies, not everyone really fights ~

Hahah, I just noticed that this question pertains to the first MTW... oh boy!

My answer was for M2TW. So scratch that I guess, I really do not remember the mechanics of civil war in MTW and haven't played that since its time.

Sorry.
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"

Also (edit)

Empathy and Compassion for all those that are suffering from the ravages of War in your country of origin, may the suffering end soon for all!
    Thank you. And it's not only my country of origin, but also my country of residence. Unfortunately, the end of sufferings can't come as long as the senile president of the aggreessor state is alive/at power.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Thank you. And it's not only my country of origin, but also my country of residence. Unfortunately, the end of sufferings can't come as long as the senile president of the aggreessor state is alive/at power.
    Oh I see, then I wish you and your family and friends to be well and safe in addition to my previous sentiments. I really think everyone is positively behind the people of Ukraine, even if some debate and criticisms exist at the Political/Geopolitical level.

War, real War is really not something to be wished for anyone.
    Duke Surak'nar
    "Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ"

Oh I see, then I wish you and your family and friends to be well and safe in addition to my previous sentiments. I really think everyone is positively behind the people of Ukraine, even if some debate and criticisms exist at the Political/Geopolitical level.

War, real War is really not something to be wished for anyone.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    When a civil war in your faction starts, you are informed about the number of provinces loyalists and rebels have and the number of troops on each side. Is there any possibility to know what are these provinces and what kind of troops are billeted there to make a more knowledgeable choice?
    I don't think so, you only get those few details. Your only real hope is being able to remember where the few named characters were located in the previous turn to get some sort of clue. To be honest, though, I usually go for the side with the most provinces once that point comes. In the longer term, I try to make sure my most valuable provinces are garrisoned by a general or family member of utmost loyalty, just in case.

As for the other, I join Suraknar in wishing you and yours an end to the miserable event which has been inflicted on you. It is heartbreaking to see. We need a Stauffenberg moment.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Quote Originally Posted by macsen rufus View Post

As for the other, I join Suraknar in wishing you and yours an end to the miserable event which has been inflicted on you. It is heartbreaking to see. We need a Stauffenberg moment.