Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorceror 17er Game Thread

Default Re: Sorceror 17er Game Thread

i like kinda agree with ender wrt that being a tepid take but for different reasons i think

and i can't feel good about v-reading newc for making it but it's something

vote: katze

teehee

i'll help benneh and then go afk for the next 24ish hours

v
    mont
    benneh
    ladd

sleep

i don't like ender's way of posting (almost all of his posts are answer to other quotes and in last page he answered newcomb's post which was the last one and then went back to answer cuth's whose post was before and gave me "posting just to post" vibes). Both of these things are >rand w ime

for context:

Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
    Seemed like the kind of read I get returned to the kitchen for the chef to review because it's so watery weak that it's basically not there.

But I appreciated the sentiment.

But also I'm still memeing and the game hasn't been open for 12 hours so I literally can't care enough to tell everyone why that could be a wolf play.
    Cuth. Cuth.

You're supposed to let us have our fun and out us on D2 so village can almost sweep.
    i'll yolo a sunbae w read (you'll do amazing in champs tho! genuinely)

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I just want it said that I'm proud of the 5 of us who took the "No thanking posts" rule and decided to Thank Visor's post anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    this game is literally a who's who of mafia, plus me. So that's cool

Vote:hollowkatt

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post

Vote:hollowkatt
    you're who too!

vote: katze

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    you're who too!

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb View Post
    Sure, but the post that starts the game inevitably will be based on approximately nothing. Someone has to have an opinion, so that other people can have opinions on that opinion and other people can have feelings about the strength of those opinions and oh look we're playing mafia.

I'm down to meme as much as the next guy but 48 hour phases are pretty quick especially when a game's this frontloaded.

Like don't get me wrong I'm down for a casual non wallposty game but... there's a thin line between that and tepid, I guess is my feeling.
    Yeah but Benneh put it forward as if it was a deep read.

Wolves struggle more in casual freeposting early when it starts to sort of tread water when the lines between shitposting and actual reads blur because it's more difficult to fake feeling legit takes with TMI.

So often they tend to make a hard switch from shitposting to "reads" because clearly defined situations are easier to fake.

Also, 12 hours of 48 is small.

I was gonna say let me have this casual game to just fuck around with but I guess that ain't happening.

i like kinda agree with ender wrt that being a tepid take but for different reasons i think

Do you mean my take being tepid or Benneh's?

this game is awkward because i have the impression that it's optimal for me to not really express concerns on certain players or even fake townreads on them but basically the entire list encompasses those players

and like, i'm not going to post the "look, here's what's going to happen" pasta and vote someone i perceive to be outside of that list of players

however:

Look, here's what's going to happen:

We're going to lunch someone, probably someone in the perceived lower half of skill level of the players in the game that had the most uninspired d1 by t0an and/or volume; hopefully we're right

The wolves are going to SPK someone, probably ladd if he's a villager and/or has something that could be minimally construed as a correct fakepeek, and then some other shit may or may not happen and we'll have NK/mechanical stuff to talk about

It's hard to gin up enthusiasm when the real game isn't actually going to start for the better part of 48 hours, and having half the playerlist act like they're all clever for voting me because there's a 25% chance they could be right and have gotten in on the ground floor is just stupid, and it's insulting that you think it would be at all productive regardless of my role

vote: Newcomb

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    i don't like ender's way of posting (almost all of his posts are answer to other quotes and in last page he answered newcomb's post which was the last one and then went back to answer cuth's whose post was before and gave me "posting just to post" vibes). Both of these things are >rand w ime
    Amateur tip:
    Interactions with people are a solid way to build reads.

my vote was serious

newcomb light v

49 made me smile

Amateur tip:
    Interactions with people are a solid way to build reads.
    that's a good one, maybe ladd can use that tip to write an article about tips for villaging

Quote Originally Posted by katze View Post
    that's a good one, maybe ladd can use that tip to write an article about tips for villaging
    Maybe. Would be good experience for someone so new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zack View Post

my vote was serious

newcomb light v

49 made me smile

Gimme a sec, gotta quote backwards to make Ladd sus me more.

So, talk to me Zack. Been a long time since you and I tangoed. Last time we ordered pizza.

i generally don't like arguing back and forth with someone on why i suspect them, it's pretty much a waste of time in my experience

i just thought bladescape was laying it on pretty thick in his posts, like he's trying way too hard to make posts with sizzle (in a way that I find wolfy, because it looks like the goal of these posts is primarily to acquire townreads) and the end result came out looking inauthentic

Sleep never answered me on what "townping" they saw from Monty.

Do you mean my take being tepid or Benneh's?
    newc's light v-read on benneh

i generally don't like arguing back and forth with someone on why i suspect them, it's pretty much a waste of time in my experience

i just thought bladescape was laying it on pretty thick in his posts, like he's trying way too hard to make posts with sizzle (in a way that I find wolfy, because it looks like the goal of these posts is primarily to acquire townreads) and the end result came out looking inauthentic
    i had the same instinct off the bat, but i sorta like some things from their more recent posts and i think they're gonna stick out a bit in this lineup just in terms of style and overlapping circles of familiarity anyway

and i kinda want to see what happens if we let them do their thing for now

newc's light v-read on benneh
    I actually liked those posts from Newcomb. Felt a lot more natural "just a simple bronana giving his thoughts" than in say, Rocks Fall, where his posts were more like "This is a townread. This is a brief justification. This concludes my post."

Out to Chill, Out to Kill! Member Cape90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Gotta say the Mafia stalker can't expect to get much action in this setup. Like, the only thing it can track is the town sorceror, and there's no stopping the town sorceror's last action on N2 without pushing them D2, and there's little point to that. Watching the target of a sorceror is even more useless, since there's never going to be a strategy in pushing a compulsive suicide bomber.

I'm ready for my vesting.
    Surprised to see nobody say words on this as I feel like a lot of players tend to scumread this sort of early mechanics talk as being easy content or whatever. As for myself, I just don't think the read really works a good amount of time, but I just wanted to just point this out.

Zack's post on page 1 #22, it just looks like a lot of busy work that really doesn't do anything with it. I feel like this is some post by post analysis that newer town tend to do and given zack has probs played mafia longer then me .

#27 is a little odd to me in response to an early vote. Katze's response to the age old question of "why me" seems pretty justified in #29.

@Dobby

poopdict

Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    Zack's post on page 1 #22, it just looks like a lot of busy work that really doesn't do anything with it. I feel like this is some post by post analysis that newer town tend to do and given zack has probs played mafia longer then me .
    Sir, you made a big-ass wallpost explaining a reads list based on avatars, and you dare poopoo on me for a joke post that I wrote in five minutes as "busy work"?

it's so obviously in jest

wtf lol

and i kinda want to see what happens if we let them do their thing for now
    no thanks

im gonna suicide bomb him in five minutes

glgl

#39 there is no V A P O R W A V E on this site 0/10

Quote Originally Posted by nebjiamn View Post
    i'm bored so i'm gonna start the game

i voted dobby because the 2nd half of this post felt extamperaneous to the overall fit of the rest of the post and served nothing really in service to replying to me other than filler

i originally thought the first half was also wolfy for tonal reasons but i'm thinking its probably just language stuff and not alignment indicative but i'm open to others thoughts
    I appreciate the try here, but I just don't see it.

Seemed like the kind of read I get returned to the kitchen for the chef to review because it's so watery weak that it's basically not there.

But I appreciated the sentiment.

But also I'm still memeing and the game hasn't been open for 12 hours so I literally can't care enough to tell everyone why that could be a wolf play.
    I have no idea what to think about EnderWiggin's whole take on the nebjiamn content thing.

In a sort of random way, I like Newcomb's response to the EnderWiggin post I just quoted.

Sir, you made a big-ass wallpost explaining a reads list based on avatars, and you dare poopoo on me for a joke post that I wrote in five minutes as "busy work"?

okay true.

Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    I started reading posts, had no idea what Mont was referencing, scrolled up and read the set up, and immediately cracked up laughing. Compulsive bomber maker is absolutely hilarious and I beg you to choose me. Just blasting someone in the face on day 2 and then going to dvc laughing with them for it is peak werewolf and I must have it
    feels a bit over the top and pretty out of character for Sunbae

"ah yes fellow vanilla town, i too am vanilla town"

more like you're a mafia stalker!

----

Csargo posting no words and only emojis, what are you afraid of?

Newcomb? You mean nebjiamn?

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    You know, I don't actually like this read all that much on EnderWiggin as I feel like what Ender has been doing has been sort of villagery for actually the same reasons why ladd suspects Ender.

Yeah but Benneh put it forward as if it was a deep read.
    I am gonna take a shot in the dark and say that Benneh's read on a person who has only posted once isn't a deep read.

I just am so confused on katze's whole "wall" post that it almost looks really wolfy to me. At least I get the wolfy feelings in the first part of the post and especially the last part of the post.

1. I dont see why
    2. who is bladescape?

Quote Originally Posted by Cape90 View Post
    okay true.

Carry on
    just wanted to say on the topic of that wallpost thing though. It felt like an almost genuine attempt at doing something with the early posts while my wall was literally not at all

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast