Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Sufjan 10er [Game Thread]

Default Re: Sufjan 10er [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by insomnia View Post
    alr saw some posts saying spamposting here is frowned upon so i tried to read through everything and condense things in 1 post

i really don't understand visor's taffy read. i thought taffy started with a semi-awkward opening that i wouldn't really wolfread without meta, but it kept me on my toes. apparently visor had the opposite take but from his reasoning it didn't make much sense to me. gth his sunbae v read so soon might be a better look? idk them well enough to shake off my early feeling about visor

sunbae's gripes seemed ~ok, not that villagery. i wanna lean into saying experienced players picking on a detail like that is a good look ig

mischief's starting posts seemed underwhelming for them but i have no thoughts on their follow-up

das bout it
    it was just a lazy early read because they were posting a bunch and didnt seem concerned about posting game content

(but i think its probably a silly read, i kinda just made it to try and spark something in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    makes sense, i do the same thing on new sites too

hi insomnia

any thoughts from either of you so far?
    Not an enormous amount.
    Sunbae V lean, mentioned above or last page.
    I also lean v on Lantana, just tonally.
    I'm not really sure about others.
    You in particular, I'm not sure about.
    In particular the paranoia in earlier posts, I could see that being faked, but it's entirely possible that you were just feeling a little paranoid.
    That's not something I can really determine as of this point in the game.

also meant to say lanfantana (i totally butchered it, im sure, sry) voting rask there feels pretty weird for someone kicking into gear as i felt like they were. or at least trying to. it is a conscious decision to place an RVS vote despite being able to analyse the content at hand, and i wanna know why they did it

Re taffy, I just did it because newer player I think and posted a bunch at the start, small stuff but figured if villa they might bounce off it. They went to bed apparently so I guess not. And they didn't really talk about the game so I guess no read there is fairer. Or rather I want to see how they approach solving overnight.
    this might be one of those weird villager reads, but seriously i can't see the reason for the villa read. can you like rephrase or dive deeper?

that'll be all from me for a bit, i'll bbl

it was just a lazy early read because they were posting a bunch and didnt seem concerned about posting game content

(but i think its probably a silly read, i kinda just made it to try and spark something in the game)
    gotcha, but i don't get the feel they were really posting game content?

hi insomnia
    Hi Mischief

gotcha, but i don't get the feel they were really posting game content?
    ... i didnt say they were posting game content, i said tehy didnt seem concerned (about having to) post game content

they were absolutely not posting game content - which i mention later in the thread anyway?

let me try to reduce this to the simplest arguments

a) i thought the fact they didnt seem to really care about making game related posts (and didnt really make any, just a RVS post) was a minor village note for a newer player

b) i thought by making this village read on them, that if they were a villager, they may take heart and be more willing to engage in the game/solving

let me try to reduce this to the simplest arguments

a) i thought the fact they didnt seem to really care about making game related posts (and didnt really make any, just a RVS post) was a minor village note for a newer player

b) i thought by making this village read on them, that if they were a villager, they may take heart and be more willing to engage in the game/solving
    ok that's good enough and my bad for misreading

ty

also meant to say lanfantana (i totally butchered it, im sure, sry) voting rask there feels pretty weird for someone kicking into gear as i felt like they were. or at least trying to. it is a conscious decision to place an RVS vote despite being able to analyse the content at hand, and i wanna know why they did it

this might be one of those weird villager reads, but seriously i can't see the reason for the villa read. can you like rephrase or dive deeper?

that'll be all from me for a bit, i'll bbl
    Why is your question to me not really phrased as a question but more a demand for information? Am I wrong in thinking there isn’t some negative weight to the demand?

Nya if I misread!

I didn’t really have a particular reason for Raskolnikov nor was it to generate discussion either! Though it’s always nice when life delivers lemons as is the case right now :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    Hi Mischief
    Hi Mischief

Quote Originally Posted by Lantana View Post
    Hi Mischief
    Hi Mis- Lantana

Nya

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    Concerned I'm already posting too much. Didn't plan on it but then I start chatting with people and it gets away from me.

Don't really read much into the mischief thing. Taking it at face value that he wanted to say hi then go eat and will be back later.
    This seems towny. Surface level towny.

On second thoughts I do think a wolf is less likely to express the thought in general and just post lots for the sweet town cred.

So, cool Sunbae.

Getting some nice town reads for the situation

Don’t really have any other thoughts yet other than wanting people to do more lol but that’s a me problem until I wake up I think ^^

See you in the morning!

Actually on re-read I retract my v read on visor. I am told he has word salad reads more often as a villager and makes his reads more polished as a wolf, and post 59 looked word salad-y (thereby town meta). If this meta is wrong, blame Katze. That aside though.

His latest string of posting feels like a diplomatic wolf and more closely resembles someone who’s acutely aware of everything they’re posting and the optics. I think this holds true even with meta aside.

Vote visor

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    I mean not really. I know I ended up being right there last game but realistically it was due to vote history/flips and a bit of luck, so I don't even really have the "you can read them well lets go 2/2 get em" brainworm or anything. I had the mildest slanting face at the ladd comment to you, like a "oh that reads a bit annoyed why would he be annoyed by that" thing but i just wanna see what he gets into.
    I was going with snark, if that helps =P

It was kinda a ridiculous thought to even take seriously so I thought it funny if I pseudo pretended to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    I want to say I love the name. Very catlike. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Lantana View Post
    Actually on re-read I retract my v read on visor. I am told he has word salad reads more often as a villager and makes his reads more polished as a wolf, and post 59 looked word salad-y (thereby town meta). If this meta is wrong, blame Katze. That aside though.

His latest string of posting feels like a diplomatic wolf and more closely resembles someone who’s acutely aware of everything they’re posting and the optics. I think this holds true even with meta aside.

Vote visor
    I am aware of everything I post? I don't make idle posts in ww games, even posts that seem lazy and noncontributive are done with an eye towards how I think I will be perceived, how I want to be perceived and how I need to be perceived.

Any villager worth their salt should be consider their posts.

Fascinating that katze gave meta on me, not sure they've really seen me as a wolf . Are you a foler?

I don't see an issue with being diplomatic in 24 hours phases either, I didn't want to get into a brawl with insomnia over a misunderstanding of a post, especially because in a few hours I'll be afk till near EOD.

Whether his read on me was something he actually believed or something he thought he could push until I closed it down is something I remain uncertain of

(That all said, lol using someone else's meta interpretation to read me instead of just reading my posts)

I am aware of everything I post? I don't make idle posts in ww games, even posts that seem lazy and noncontributive are done with an eye towards how I think I will be perceived, how I want to be perceived and how I need to be perceived.

Any villager worth their salt should be consider their posts.

Fascinating that katze gave meta on me, not sure they've really seen me as a wolf . Are you a foler?
    Er to be clear on this: I'm not saying I'm some sort of ww mastermind, just that yes I am self aware and I don't think being self aware is wolfy

Don't believe him, Visor is a ww mastermind.

That being said, this doesn't feel as much like his wolf play (Lolpartnering)

Albeit, D1 so I reserve the right to change this, but so far it's been ~fine~ from Visor.

My vote should actually be somewhere else than Sunbae since I have them null

But my vote was funny.

vote: mischief

Is where I'm thinking rn

Sunbae seems fine for right now, realistically too early to make a confident v read on him with few posts but he has ticked the right boxes for now

I like Lantana trying to use meta from someone not in the game as an earnest attempt to get me killed, might be a bad read here but I'm taking a D1 gander that they are a villa

Ender had a bit of a wonky start but I also don't think he's tried to look villagery, so I'm also putting a D1 gander there

Taffy, well I'm probably not gonna kill a new player D1, needs to re enter for me to make a read any direction

Insomnia - not even info really to make a read on

Mischief - a slight thing, but the wording of some of his posts feel a little stilted, and his reads without much commenting on the posts in between nor posing many questions is a slight negative sign

So from the posters so far, that's where I'm leaning, but I'm loathe to make a wolf read with 3 zero posters so far. I will be voting one of them if we have 2 or more at EOD, fwiw

As I write this, I'm reminded of ender constantly referring to meta to clear bluekang when we wolfed together, so it's interesting to see him try to clear me on meta (though seems to have less confidence than he did in that game and that's a good sign I think)

Incidentally there's a hilarious world where sunbae/Lantana are wolves but I won't share that one quite yet lol

Reason I cleared BlueKang on meta was purely because I actually had the meta to back it up and could reference it.

I sorta do with you but no way am I gonna lock you in pre-3 days =P

Mischief is not, funnily enough, my super secret wolf read.

Taffy?

Aight well I'm off. Hope you all get cracking and we get some wagons going for eod

Taffy?
    Nah Taffy has me pocketed.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast