Thread: Wiki Down?

Default Wiki Down?

I noticed that the wiki can't be accessed a while back and I was hoping that this would only be temporary... What's the word?

I saw the thread posted a year ago about updating the wiki, is that why it can't be accessed? Please tell me it's not gone forever, I need it to learn Medieval 1!

Research Fiend Technical Administrator Tetris Champion, Summer Games Champion, Snakeman Champion, Ms Pacman Champion therother's Avatar

Default Re: Wiki Down?

There was an issue with the database. I've had to restore it from a backup, so some more recent changes might have been lost.
    Nullius addictus iurare in uerba magistri -- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

History is a pack of lies about events that never happened told by people who weren't there -- George Santayana

Phew! Thank you thank you! I was so worried. There's really nothing else like it on the internet. Now I can go back to studying the Medieval 1 tech tree and comparing unit stats

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khan of Steppe View Post
    Phew! Thank you thank you! I was so worried. There's really nothing else like it on the internet. Now I can go back to studying the Medieval 1 tech tree and comparing unit stats
    Back in the day, a player named Yas made a Medieval 1 Total War unit compare tool out of Flash. I've had it since and still find it quite useful. I saw your post here, and thought, I wonder if it's still available somewhere for download. I found a site--the download works, if you're interested. The tool's called Yas Unit Master:

https://vikingrevival.altervista.org/Downloads.php

The app attempts to communicate with its maker when you use it so you will get an expired certificate message from your security, but otherwise it's safe from what I can tell. Tosa knew Yas and was on friendly terms with him, so I've always trusted the app.

FYI, hope it's helpful.

Edit:

did some digging and found it here at the Org too. Probably better to keep download suggestions in-house when possible:

https://forums.totalwar.org/mizu/miz...les/MTW/Stats/ (file is Yas_units_master_v701.zip)
    Last edited by Togakure; 06-01-2022 at 09:47.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Holy Cow this is awesome! I've heard about this tool but I didn't think it still existed. It's perfect, it offers so much of what I wanted and then some.

Thanks Togakure!

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khan of Steppe View Post
    Holy Cow this is awesome! I've heard about this tool but I didn't think it still existed. It's perfect, it offers so much of what I wanted and then some.

Thanks Togakure!
    You're welcome, Khan of Steppe. Thank you for the opportunity to be helpful again, like in the good ol' days.

Last edited by Togakure; 06-01-2022 at 09:49. Reason: typo correction
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo