Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Casual 9er Game Thread

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

Default Re: Casual 9er Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    See, my thing with not knowing what to do about the Barto post is this:

If you didn't know that post about Hally was a copypasta mocking Rick and Morty fans, and you thought that I was saying that stuff with any semblance of sincerity, then I think voting me is well within your right - nay, your duty - because it's awful
    i mean, i don’t even know that pasta and it still seems like an obvious shitpost to me? so idk how someone would take it seriously

also taking shitposts seriously and wolf reading people for them is >rand wolfy because wolves don’t have senses of humor, don’t @ me

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

Hally,

It's like 3am and I'm about to crash in my chair so I'm gonna sleep. I started to read that and words blurred together, so this is me telling you I'll read it better tomorrow and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    i mean, i don’t even know that pasta and it still seems like an obvious shitpost to me? so idk how someone would take it seriously

also taking shitposts seriously and wolf reading people for them is >rand wolfy because wolves don’t have senses of humor, don’t @ me
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Sunbae's shitposts. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Sunbae's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Sunbae truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sunbae's existential catchphrase "bronana from the syndicate is really cool" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sunbae's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ��

Member thankful for this post:

Hally 

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    Hally,

It's like 3am and I'm about to crash in my chair so I'm gonna sleep. I started to read that and words blurred together, so this is me telling you I'll read it better tomorrow and get back to you.
    fwiw you don’t have to respond to it if you don’t want to

getting into a long back and forth with you about your read on me is probably not the best use of either of our posts, but if you think it would help you find me feel free

night

not sure if i should be wary that v reading all of zack/benneh/sunbae

feels a bit too good to be true lol

not sure if i should be wary that v reading all of zack/benneh/sunbae

feels a bit too good to be true lol
    I’m not really sure why I’m being v read so feel free to direct that anxiety toward my slot if you want

adios muchacho

Vote: nebjiamn

Member thankful for this post:

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Hey friendos, going to readin a few.

Any good case already?
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Vote: Vulgard

I’d be ok with vulgard/barto/Monty votes atm

ender seems ~fine in a lazy way and i agree in principle with the stubbornness read not making a ton of sense for w!sunbae at this time

Rask has posted now so its not as cool to include them in my Poe but you can all note the semi-shade hedge I’ve attached to this post

Quote Originally Posted by nebjiamn View Post
    I’d be ok with vulgard/barto/Monty votes atm

ender seems ~fine in a lazy way and i agree in principle with the stubbornness read not making a ton of sense for w!sunbae at this time

Rask has posted now so its not as cool to include them in my Poe but you can all note the semi-shade hedge I’ve attached to this post
    sbpcbwwe

sbpcbwwe
    Ya…

ya

Vote : Hally
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

I wanted to write something about Monty, Tak, Sunbae, Zack and Hally.

And look, I finally did!

Okay, so.

I've been playing this like a hypercasual game from the start, because that's how it's been advertised to me. I wasn't concerned about not having reads or developed thoughts, because that didn't seem to matter to me. I'll figure out where to vote before EoD eventually, I'll share at least some thoughts, it'll be fine.

Well, clearly, that was a mistake. Me punting my answer to Hally is an indicator of this – I simply didn't think about the situation too hard and just posted words, so I had no real explanation. I'll try not to punt anymore.

I have a gamestate read that tells me most of the loud players are villagers, if not all of them, and there's at least one wolf in Barto/Montmorency/Ender. I know this is a rather useless split, but yeah.

I'm torn on Hally vs Sunbae, because I feel like there might be a wolf in there, but there's also this idea of Zack/nebjiamn being wolves together that has sat in my mind due to people talking about it. Hally/Sunbae/Zack/nebjiamn being V/V/V/V would be awesome, but that's also probably too good to be true. I've read people's arguments on Hally being kinda wolfy and I've read Sunbae's recent posting; my conclusion from this is that there is probably a wolf between them, but if there isn't, then there's probably a wolf between Zack and nebjiamn? And if there is a wolf between Hally/Sunbae, then I think Zack/nebjiamn are probably both villagers. Before you ask me to explain this, this is all based on thread positioning and where people have pushed, and I do recognize that it's not exactly useful when we have no flips and only two MLs. TL;DR I think the Hally/Sunbae/Zack/nebjiamn has one wolf in it, and if it has two, then it's probably Zack/nebjiamn.

The only reason I've thought Barto might be a villager is that the newbie thing seems towny on the surface and that their posts seem like ML bait, but I can't deny that their posts are pretty damn bad. I'm rescinding my townread on Ender, because he's playing fully into the shitpost mode that he started with, and I don't think it's towny anymore. I think town!Ender should have actual, meaningful thoughts about the game at the moment. Montmorency has literally just posted once, and while I think the post was pretty good, it was only one post. Probably still looks better than Ender and Barto due to his (her? Their?) proportion of villagery content relative to their number of posts.

And Rask is obviously =rand.

If I had a specific wolfread, I would be pursuing it right now, but the gamestate makes it difficult for me to find one, because I feel like a lot of people are making good arguments in regards to other people being wolves and I find myself temporarily agreeing with contradictory reads from different sources. That's part of what led me to my gamestate read above; I'm pretty sure there has to be at least one wolf successfully blending into the wolfread-slinging.

I'll just /vote EnderWiggin at the moment and leave it at that. Him being described as a common ML these days because of his shitposty playstyle worries me, but I really think he should have been able to talk about the game in a meaningful way by now, and he simply hasn't done that. So.

Oh, turns out I didn't actually explain why I thought there was at least one wolf in Ender/Barto/Montmorency, though you can kinda figure it out if you follow my thought process in the previous post.

It's a matter of eliminating worlds. Since I think that Zack/nebjiamn/Hally/Sunbae only contains two wolves if it's exactly Zack/nebjiamn, and if it has one wolf, it's probably between Hally/Sunbae (although I'm not certain about this), this leaves one wolf outside of that circle in most worlds. And the people outside that circle are Barto/Ender/Montmorency. It could also be Rask, but I'm waiting for him to post literally anything before I say anything about him.

Fwiw, I've gone back and forth on Hally tons of times, because I feel like both Hally and the people accusing Hally are making sense in regards to how Hally treated me and other slots. That's why I'm kind of punting my read on the top four players in the thread atm and lumping them into a wolfgroup - I genuinely can't decide where I want to be voting between them if we're punting one of them today.

I didn't know I'd ever find my posts very wolfy as a villager, but here we are.

Are you seriously saying I've had no "meaningful thoughts"? Tell me what meaningful thoughts are, Vul.

I've made reads on people already. I've even explained one of them(!), but is it because I haven't bothered to put 500 words into my dissertation?

Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post

Are you seriously saying I've had no "meaningful thoughts"? Tell me what meaningful thoughts are, Vul.

I've made reads on people already. I've even explained one of them(!), but is it because I haven't bothered to put 500 words into my dissertation?
    I think you can do better as a villager.

The instant OMGUS does absolutely nothing for me and makes me wonder if you evaluated my slot at all or just jumped to voting me because I voted you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I wanted to write something about Monty, Tak, Sunbae, Zack and Hally.

And look, I finally did!
    Oh, I genuinely missed this post.
    Explain your Hally vote, please.

Also this whole "If there's two wolves in Zack/nebjiamn/Hally/Sunbae then it's Neb/Zack" is kinda wack.

No chance Hally and Sunbae did a weird little song and dance and then Hally was the first to defend them in a way that lead other people to kinda lessen the aggro?

I mean I don't think that's the world either, but your worldstate thoughts aren't thorough on why, when I could 100% see wolf teams still in that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgard View Post
    I think you can do better as a villager.
    And I think I deserve the right to not play hard in games when I signed up to be relaxed.

Also this whole "If there's two wolves in Zack/nebjiamn/Hally/Sunbae then it's Neb/Zack" is kinda wack.

No chance Hally and Sunbae did a weird little song and dance and then Hally was the first to defend them in a way that lead other people to kinda lessen the aggro?

I mean I don't think that's the world either, but your worldstate thoughts aren't thorough on why, when I could 100% see wolf teams still in that lot.
    I guess it can be Hally/Sunbae? I didn't think it was when I had these thoughts, but there's probably one between them regardless.

The instant OMGUS does absolutely nothing for me and makes me wonder if you evaluated my slot at all or just jumped to voting me because I voted you.
    You... think the omgus was for you?

Also re: Didn't evaluate your spot.

Kindly reminding you I sussed you before you came in and uno reversed me and I OMGUS'd you for it:

I also am sus of Vulgard actually.

Something something word salads.

That means I have too many susses and not enough bricks.

And I think I deserve the right to not play hard in games when I signed up to be relaxed.
    I feel like I keep hitting brick walls. This is why being a wolf is so much better. Having all the answers makes this much more fun.

Vote: Hally probably best gamestate vote? Though I feel like you could apply the same logic to Hally that you could apply to Sunbae (not many people defending them at all).

I feel like I keep hitting brick walls. This is why being a wolf is so much better. Having all the answers makes this much more fun.
    I'm sure you can do something that doesn't go "I feel you can do better" because that's pretty god damn patronising and is also on record (As of Team Mafia 2021 where people sussed Thunal over it) as my absolute least favourite read anyone can make in thread ever.

You have not tried to engage me or ask me questions or clarify any of my reads.

Instead you come in, sus me, and when I talk about it you are all "You can do better."

Sure I can do better.

But because I can churn out 50k words in a day phase detailing my thoughts and trying my best to catch up to Pizza's wordcount doesn't mean I will.

I can, however, engage in a way I find fun. And if people need some clarity I can answer questions, or talk about reads. I can't guarantee it'll be with 100% seriousness, but if I have a reason I'll explain it. (Notably my sus on Zack earlier was gut and had no reason so when Hally asked I kinda meme-responded.)

Let me put it this way:

Why are you complaining about brick walls if your only attempt to actually engage me is literally "I feel you can do better"? Are you really of the opinion that will spur someone to contribute because they feel unworthy of whatever?

If you want to actually engage someone, try to engage them.

In retrospect that post got a bit rantier than I intended, sorry.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast