Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1258

Thread: Casual 9er Game Thread

Default Re: Casual 9er Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    yes i’m a wolf and if you try to dome me i will eat you over some rice with a nice brown sauce and there is nothing you can do about it
    Excuse you!

Add some god damn vegetables, I am not a solid meal, I'm like concentrated protein with some fats.

was (finally) going to check back through EOD and saw this benneh post at the top of the page:

Quote Originally Posted by nebjiamn View Post
    just considering all avenues. hallys top poster and most of her posts sound very good. i think game solve wise i think their pov makes most sense to me esp in comparison to you and sunbae. i have lots of reasons to read her well and above monty and barto and i obviously still think you have a good amount of w equity (though i would not lump you in the same category of me having lots of reasons to v read hally over you, i just kinda think you fit the wolf mold well with how the game has played out (i realize this is a silly metric that may not make sense but im going with it since its the theme of the post (idk what im doing dog.jpeg)))

some lingering doubts about sunbae and ender. moreso ender because i feel like ender may have slipped through a blindspot for me because he's felt different from sorc game but i may have given that too much credence since the context of how ender's posted is obviously very different to the dynamic there was on sorc for lots of reasons

i guess in other words:

i villa read sunbae quite a bit but always acknowledge he has wolf potential cause he's just super good at fooling me
    i villa read hally quite a bit, i also acknowledge she has wolf potential cause she's super good at fooling me too but i think the totality of her posting has me pushing her up a little higher as game/day has gone on
    i kinda villa read ender based off game/threadstate vibes and posts but i don't have a super substantive read on his posts even though i certainly could/should based on his volume and content

i kinda wolf read monty and barto based off game/threadstate vibes and posts but i don't feel like i CAN get a truly confident substantive read on their posts based on volume and content, other than a few of their wolfy statements/positions on the game ('vulgard was the most obviously villagery player itt' & 'nebjiamn never took a stance' while never taking a stance and misremembering a stance was taken) which also feels a bit nonsensical for wolves to do

and i kinda wolf read you based off game/threadstate vibes and posts cause it feels like in relation to the non-monty/barto posters you seem the most ... uninhibited/lacking concern about trying to solve today. whch i acknowledge could very well be because you are coming to the same conclusion as hally/sunbae that it could be a rather boring team of barto/monty and maybe you dont feel great about that or feel the need to dig in much deeper than you have already today but its just kinda how my reads end up?

i realize this turned from a "why hally #1" to a whole thing but ya

"if hally decided to tryhard as w in a casual game then so be it" --me, a few hours ago probably
    a few posts later, to me:

if we're v/v then i'd have some more suspicion on ender but agree that it increases monty/barto equity quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
    Zack is, as always, my second highest wolfread.

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    this
    I also think wolf hally going into a big rant about the nightkill not making sense for mont/bart, me saying "there are a billion factors we cant know that", and wolf zack agreeing with me is another example of them being all over the place in a weird way.

I was going to review my Sunbae read but ngl reading all these posts makes me feel good warm fuzzies.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Can't say my head space has expanded much since mid-D1. Time's up for Barto, he's been squarely within his mafia range the whole time. Hally might be more sus than Sunbae. I don't like taking the easy route of eliminating Barto first, since there's a lot of risk that there's few associations to find, and frankly he's a less-dangerous endgame prospect; order of operations influences my approach.

Now, the interactions between Sunbae and Hally being premeditated can't be dismissed, and I would give the pairing more review in a larger game, but for the sake of a mini I choose to believe a two-maf team wouldn't approach the game like this from early D1, in almost all worlds.

I don't have much either good or bad* to say about the rest, so it's a Barto-Hally TDome. (but Bart-Neb disclusive)

*though others do

Anti-Orgatism
    author's note: "he's a less-dangerous endgame prospect" translates to "i'd rather have that mischop later"

I hate defending myself but I feel compelled to point out how everyone was like "Ender is sus but probably town" until today and suddenly I have people turning on me.

Hm actually I really hate that Monty post Sunbae just quoted.

Can't say my head space has expanded much since mid-D1. Time's up for Barto, he's been squarely within his mafia range the whole time. Hally might be more sus than Sunbae. I don't like taking the easy route of eliminating Barto first, since there's a lot of risk that there's few associations to find, and frankly he's a less-dangerous endgame prospect; order of operations influences my approach.
    bold mine

afaict these two thoughts are contradictory and I don't see how the second evolves so quickly after the first as a natural thought

he also voted barto a few posts later anyway and was thanking posts of people sussing barto all eod

I'm not finding either of them mention him much if at all

that actually might be a bit odd if w/w if anything?
    again with more disagreements from zack/hally

i, i think im going to lose to them if they are w/w and just tip my cap to them for excellent positioning/interactions/defenses/posting

wtf sunbae

stop making it look like i'm copying your homework and hoping the teacher doesnt notice

Hm actually I really hate that Monty post Sunbae just quoted.
    i think ive known what im doing today for the last 30 minutes ish but im just exploring every option i can think of to make sure im good with it

and thats punting mont into the sun

bold mine

afaict these two thoughts are contradictory and I don't see how the second evolves so quickly after the first as a natural thought

he also voted barto a few posts later anyway and was thanking posts of people sussing barto all eod

leave hally alone tomorrow

ender dyin tonight
    Hm.

uh i have no idea why i thought monty's eod was good

it isnt lol

Vote: Monty

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post

oh i didn?t realize the flip was posted 20 min early and just saw the :06 timestamp on the first wall and was at you writing all that in 6 minutes

This feels weird when Hally posted before normal deadline so should've been aware the day was posted early lol

Vote: Monty

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

so if I can lock in hally as a villager, then I can also sponge this and lock in ender as a wolf, and just left figuring out if his partner is monty or sunabe.

did you already explain why you think me/ender and sunbae/mont don't work in a separate post?
    - you/ender: i really don’t think he starts pushing you D1 and continues it into D2 when there are plenty of villagers getting heat (me/vul/bart/potentially sunbae or mont). maybe he could do some distancing but it’s completely unnecessary to park his vote on you all of D2 as w/w. also your reaction to his vote on you D1 read as legitimately tilted. also if he was bussing you i think you would push him back at least a bit to sell it as not w/w but instead you’ve largely shrugged at his push and town read him up until now.

- mont/sunbae: monty has constantly voted sunbae and said me/sunbae should dome and then sunbae turned it back on him and voted monty D2 and went hard on monty. it’s possible theoretically that they decided to go ham with bussing but it feels pretty unnecessary? when monty started pushing sunbae he wasn’t really getting heat anymore and had shifted to being more town read iirc, so it doesn’t really make sense to start bussing then and continue that into D2. again, it’s possible they yolo’d the cross-bus thinking whichever of them made it out alive would have an ez F3 but realistically atm i doubt that if one of them flipped wolf here i could bring myself to kill the other in F3.

i want to double check both of these but i feel good about them rn

This feels weird when Hally posted before normal deadline so should've been aware the day was posted early lol
    no they didn't?

- you/ender: i really don’t think he starts pushing you D1 and continues it into D2 when there are plenty of villagers getting heat (me/vul/bart/potentially sunbae or mont). maybe he could do some distancing but it’s completely unnecessary to park his vote on you all of D2 as w/w. also your reaction to his vote on you D1 read as legitimately tilted. also if he was bussing you i think you would push him back at least a bit to sell it as not w/w but instead you’ve largely shrugged at his push and town read him up until now.

- mont/sunbae: monty has constantly voted sunbae and said me/sunbae should dome and then sunbae turned it back on him and voted monty D2 and went hard on monty. it’s possible theoretically that they decided to go ham with bussing but it feels pretty unnecessary? when monty started pushing sunbae he wasn’t really getting heat anymore and had shifted to being more town read iirc, so it doesn’t really make sense to start bussing then and continue that into D2. again, it’s possible they yolo’d the cross-bus thinking whichever of them made it out alive would have an ez F3 but realistically atm i doubt that if one of them flipped wolf here i could bring myself to kill the other in F3.

i want to double check both of these but i feel good about them rn
    monty's sunbae read is weird, during EOD he said he needed to be convinced to vote sunbae and mentioned him being a null-ish read. it doesn't really make sense to me

I don't think sunbae is really the type who would come into f5 strongly making the case we should flush his bro down the toilet anyway lol

I've had him in the nulls with non-Sun/Hally/Bart.
    Oh wait I I misread this post, and he was Sunbae was NOT null.

I guess the "convince me" was just because he didn't want to actually vote sunbae over barto?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    i think ive known what im doing today for the last 30 minutes ish but im just exploring every option i can think of to make sure im good with it

and thats punting mont into the sun
    if you’re a villager and think zack/ender aren’t w/w this is indeed what you should do

Vote: EnderWiggin

no they didn't?
    I've checked this like 5 times to make sure I'm not going crazy. water u doin pal

why are you all here posting at 5am my time smh

i’m just going to sleep for real now idc i’m actually braindead

ender is FROZEN and CRYING in wolfchat

Like ok, here's where I'm at and then I'm going to sleep.

1. I refuse to allow myself to be called a wolf at this point. Let us remove the pretense that it's a possibility and get your pairs with me out of here. I clearly, obviously, very much care about being right in this game and I could have cruised to a sleepwalk win as a wolf without doing any of this tonight. I will respond to any insinuations or suggestions that I could be a wolf with disappointedCelticsFanDotJpg and nothing more.

2. I do not think Zack and Hally are the wolf team. I have explored this pair the most in depth possible because it was the biggest lingering fear team I had. I have scrutinized their actions individually and together. I have given them as much credit as I possibly can and still do not see it being a thing. Their interactions with each other and with others about each other are just too varied for me to see it as a pair. Their bickering, always coming back to each other, reevaluating of each other, questioning about the other to outsiders, sometimes defending, sometimes attacking, agreeing on some things, disagreeing with others, and overall approach just doesn't seem reasonable to expect that level of commitment from. Sometimes they are overly defensive, sometimes snippy, sometimes chilled towards each other. It's just not on the same page at all over the course of the game. I tried to map out the game from their pov and it just didn't land for me. If it is them, I will just say I put in my best effort and they beat me.

3. I do not think Ender/Hally nor Mont/Hally work either for various reasons I've talked about already. It's late, I won't rehash them. I think those are much more straightforward than the Zack/Hally one.

4. As such, I am clearing Hally. If Hally is a wolf, I will give myself partial credit but, frankly, they'd have just played better than I did. With posting under fire, interactions with whoever their teammate is, and just general werewolfing.

5. I also think it's very clear that Ender/Zack are not paired. There was legit frustration from Zack towards Enders push and Ender has not really relented. If that's the pair, again, whatever you got me.

6. The wolves are either Mont/Zack or Ender/Mont. That is my solve. I am voting Mont and not moving. I've gone through the entire thread, mapped out everything I think and why, and I trust myself to be correct here. I will no longer be interacting with any of you about the game. I'll meme around tomorrow when I'm around but this was the extent of my searching/rereading/game focused posting for this phase. If it wasn't enough, then nothing will be. I expect this to be correct and to die tonight. Hally, I would spend the rest of your day figuring out if its Zack or Ender and prepare for F3.

Zack, Hally, and Ender need to all vote Mont or me. This is the thunderdome. I'm going to sleep, I'll be around sparsely tomorrow, and not at all Saturday. I expect there to be tons of posts in the meantime and I know out of sight out of mind is a thing. If you start to waver remember two things: 1. i will post disappointedcelticsfandotjpg at you for wavering in the first place and 2. read my posts today and know i'm an obvious villager.

good luck to us

vote: mont

"but sunbae, why do you think you get to choose the thunderdome"

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 LastLast