Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Casual 9er Game Thread

Default Re: Casual 9er Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    monty, why is roleplaying bad wolfy? idgi
    I expect Bart to maintain a certain consistency or plausibility.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I expect Bart to maintain a certain consistency or plausibility.
    is this a meta read? as in you think bart specifically would have trouble doing that as a wolf?

i’m kinda ??? at you wolf reading barto for that because it doesn’t seem AI?

i also don’t get how you’re jumping to the sunbae and zack pairings based on what seems like a very thin read on page 1

but maybe it’s villagery eagerness? idk lol

vote: hally

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    vote: hally

i dunno man

the way you went ham on monty for that made me

protect the orgahs

i dunno man

the way you went ham on monty for that made me

protect the orgahs
    i just asked him some questions, expressed confusion and ended by saying it could actually be villagery

idk how that’s “going ham” lol

i just asked him some questions, expressed confusion and ended by saying it could actually be villagery

idk how that’s “going ham” lol
    guy who is infamously inscrutable and ml bait in games made a weird post and you had a bunch of posts pressing him about it and end with a hedge

plus i do agree with monty (in a roundabout sort of way) that barto's start was odd (the post i responded to with emoji question marks especially)

guy who is infamously inscrutable and ml bait in games made a weird post and you had a bunch of posts pressing him about it and end with a hedge

i mean, idk how i’m supposed to know this lol

i’ve only played with him once and i don’t really remember anything about how he posted because i was a wolf and wasn’t trying to read him

i mean, idk how i’m supposed to know this lol

i’ve only played with him once and i don’t really remember anything about how he posted because i was a wolf and wasn’t trying to read him
    skill issue

also even if i did know that about him idk why it?s wolfy for me to question him

i didn?t even push him

plus i do agree with monty (in a roundabout sort of way) that barto's start was odd (the post i responded to with emoji question marks especially)
    i thought barto’s opening was weird too and was gonna vote him or ask if he was posting like he usually does but i didn’t feel like breaking up the shitposting

but i missed that he was apparently roleplaying a newbie and i feel like the weirdness can just be attributed to the roleplay coming off awkwardly, and again that doesn’t feel AI to me

i thought barto’s opening was weird too and was gonna vote him or ask if he was posting like he usually does but i didn’t feel like breaking up the shitposting

but i missed that he was apparently roleplaying a newbie and i feel like the weirdness can just be attributed to the roleplay coming off awkwardly, and again that doesn’t feel AI to me
    RP aside (barto does random stuff like that all the time so shrug) #16 just didn't make any sense as a response to sunbae afaict, rp or not. am i missing something obvious?

I was wondering if it was a forced interaction with his bro and just ended up coming out weird.

i thought that post was wolfy before knowing he was role playing because yeah, it felt like a really out of place question

but i can see the awkwardness being part of the schtick? idk tbh i don’t really know how to parse it because i don’t know what’s done intentionally as part of the roleplay and what’s an actual post

like, independent of the roleplay i don’t know why a wolf would make that post because the question obviously doesn’t follow and it feels too wolfy for even a wolf just going through the motions to think is a good thing to post so i assume that the badness is part of the roleplay and not AI

idk maybe that’s thinking about it wrong but i’d rather just wait for him to post normally and see

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand why Hally is a wolf. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical RP most of the jokes will go over a typical poster's head. There's also Hally's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- their personal mafia philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The MU elite understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about MAFIA. As a consequence people who are confused by Hally truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Hally's existential catchphrase "NO BULLI" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Hally's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

And yes, by the way, i DO have a buttercup tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the champs finalists' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand why Hally is a wolf. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical RP most of the jokes will go over a typical poster's head. There's also Hally's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterisation- their personal mafia philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The MU elite understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about MAFIA. As a consequence people who are confused by Hally truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Hally's existential catchphrase "NO BULLI" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Hally's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

And yes, by the way, i DO have a buttercup tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the champs finalists' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ?
    i thought hally's reaction to me was lightly villagy, but you're right, i should keep my vote.

Like, obviously i'm memeing for the lolz (i am firmly on "i dont care anymore, gonna have fun SHOTS" on the chart atm) but if I wanna drop it for a sec i actually think hally is wolfy and i want to see if you picked up on why

Like, obviously i'm memeing for the lolz (i am firmly on "i dont care anymore, gonna have fun SHOTS" on the chart atm) but if I wanna drop it for a sec i actually think hally is wolfy and i want to see if you picked up on why
    mum said its your turn to be bad cop

wtf you’re not supposed to wolf read me until EoD

no head starts!

is it something to with the way they've talked about barto? I don't generally care for these kind of guessing games (for various reasons)

wtf you’re not supposed to wolf read me until EoD

no head starts!
    what if i start wolfreading you now and then stop by eod!

is it something to with the way they've talked about barto? I don't generally care for these kind of guessing games (for various reasons)
    boo

this is what i get for stepping out of meme mode for a post!

what if i start wolfreading you now and then stop by eod!
    that’s so much less of a rush

cfd me like a man

its because

peepeepoopoo
    just dont like the way they've turned the whole "thought barto was wolfy, thought about voting him before the rp realization" into shade on mont while also defending themselves by saying they never pushed barto but also found him wolfy but its also nai now but also its kinda villagery. think it has w/w equity even!

also im low key mad hally didnt enjoy my pastas and will respond with a wolf read

that’s so much less of a rush

cfd me like a man
    "do it, cowards" didn't work out as well as i hoped in that turbo so dont tempt the fates with "cfd me like a man" lmao

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast