Thread: Casual 9er Game Thread

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

Default Re: Casual 9er Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae View Post
    its because

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    peepeepoopoo
    just dont like the way they've turned the whole "thought barto was wolfy, thought about voting him before the rp realization" into shade on mont while also defending themselves by saying they never pushed barto but also found him wolfy but its also nai now but also its kinda villagery. think it has w/w equity even!
    wat?

i didn?t shade monty, i asked him questions, expressed confusion about his read and ended by saying he might be villagery

and i didn?t defend myself by saying i never pushed barto, i said i never pushed monty

i also never said barto was kinda villagery, i just disagreed with wolf reading him. monty was who i said might be villagery, not barto. barto is null to me.

i don?t think anything you said in this post is an accurate characterization of what i?ve posted lol

also im low key mad hally didnt enjoy my pastas and will respond with a wolf read
    i thanked the terminator one!

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

gonna be honest, i didn't have "lol nothing you said is accurate" to be the response and i dont really know what to do with that so ill just shrug and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    i thanked the terminator one!
    you did! but the shower cutrain stuck to my leg so the fantasy was ruined

gonna be honest, i didn't have "lol nothing you said is accurate" to be the response and i dont really know what to do with that so ill just shrug and move on
    well it’s not? i’m not trying to be rude, just read my posts again please

i think you got your wires crossed because you said i said stuff about one of them that i actually said about the other

oh, i didnt think it was rude i just didnt know what to do with it if my entire understanding of what occurred was in question. aint no thing. probs *forcing* it anyways just because my brain cant just sit around and meme without trying to solve things and you're the person with the most game related posts and therefore im trying to scrutinize

ah okay

Hally wolf reads for that stuff seems like a skill issue iyam

Quote Originally Posted by nebjiamn View Post
    Hally wolf reads for that stuff seems like a skill issue iyam

Players Votes

Hally 2 (Hally, Zack)
    Raskolnikov 1 (El Barto)

Hi I'm back from a party, catchup time.

zack got the wolf chat update that game started 30 mins early :pensive:

i did too but i was scared to post
    Two town? We call this winning.

you merely adopted alienating people
    i was born into it
    molded by it
    neither of my parents showed up for my birth
    At least there's always the platypus.

why does nobody ever make the joke about randing wolf with me? im a fun wolf chat partner!
    I didn't want to give away that we're actually wolves tho.

Players Votes

Hally 2 (Hally, Zack)
    Raskolnikov 1 (El Barto)

just a test to see if i can auto textjoin a timer into the tallies

Oh I already solved the game.

But I decided to force myself to forget so I could have fun.

I hate my past self.

Meanwhile I'll give you guys a good hint:

One of the skill issuers is obvious town.

My job here is done.

*Flutters cape.*

Hello, gamers.

El Barto's #9 contains a pretty interesting part that looks like a slip but I'm pretty sure it's intentional. Not sure if AI.
    El Barto’s #12 is similar.
    El Barto’s #28 has this newbie energy and it feels weird. Is this someone new to mafia? Because all three of these posts read like forcefully trying to seem new and uninformed, but if they are genuinely new, then they are ??probably?? uninformed…? I don’t even really believe that when I type it out, #28 feels bad either way. Meh.

Liking Montmorency’s opener for calling out El Barto in #57, although the instant tying him to Sunbae feels somewhat bad. Liking Hally for questioning more or less the same issues I have with the post. Not too happy that Montmorency hasn’t posted since the original assessment of El Barto, waiting for more there.
    @Montmorency What do you think about Hally/Zack/Sunbae’s argument over treatment of El Barto and partly over treatment of you?

Zack’s initial treatment of Hally feels uncharitable (#68), and Hally responds to it well (#70), but the later posts from Zack and Sunbae about Hally made me think again. Hally pretty much provides the same thoughts on page 3 as I would’ve provided in regards to Montmorency and El Barto, I can’t reasonably call it wolfy when I more or less feel the same way about it. I feel like someone’s definitely being uncharitable here (Zack or Hally), but I don’t know yet which one and I can’t say they can’t both be villagers. If you put a gun to my head, I would currently say that both Zack and Sunbae portrayed Hally in a much more negative light than I believe them to deserve, and at least one of them probably did that on purpose. However, like I said, I'm not yet sure.

Sunbae actually feels somewhat wolfy independently from the shitposting, but I currently can’t explain this beyond the gut level. #96 is the main post that made me believe this, but like I said, I can't exactly explain it at the moment. Leaving my vote there for now.

Vote: Sunbae

Oh, and I think Ender’s opener is slightly >rand town.

Nebjiamn feels rather muted at the moment, but I don't know if it's wolfy. Might be worth looking at the Hally/Zack/Sunbae argument later into the game if all three of them are villagers and nebjiamn is still alive (in that case, his mutedness could be interpreted as wanting to stay out of it because it's villagers arguing and that's good). He did have that one post about one of the people involved likely being town, which I thought was somewhat villagery, but yeah.

And yes, I know who nebjiamn is, but referring to them as "nebjiamn" is funnier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgard View Post
    Nebjiamn feels rather muted at the moment, but I don't know if it's wolfy. Might be worth looking at the Hally/Zack/Sunbae argument later into the game if all three of them are villagers and nebjiamn is still alive (in that case, his mutedness could be interpreted as wanting to stay out of it because it's villagers arguing and that's good). He did have that one post about one of the people involved likely being town, which I thought was somewhat villagery, but yeah.

And yes, I know who nebjiamn is, but referring to them as "nebjiamn" is funnier.
    muted is a pretty fair assessment. i'm not really keen on spitting out a bunch of reads here until everyone checks in and starts posting AI things because i think i do a much better job of sorting out my poe in 9ers when i have the full picture.

the last thing i want to do itg is make a casual observation that i thought someone was wolfy for X and have that be the topic of conversation for the day or at least one ofthe big focal points before others have to come in and generate other content. and i realize me not doing so just means other people will do it instead, and people will focus on those points instead, but i'm ok with that since i feel like i'll be able to discern intentions from that a little easier by being detached from it

having said that it looks like everyone but rask is here so i'll add on that i think sunbae hs come off a bit wolfy to me as well.

i think his memes went on a teeny bit longer than i expected they would. plus the way he piggybacked on hally and presented it to zack in a "hey guess what i think hally's a wolf too, but guess why" felt a bit performative and pocket-y to zack and also less focused on solving hally's alignment and more about gaining favor for sharing the read. plus i thought it was kind of silly when he actually revealed his reasoning that it was, afaict, basically the exact same reason zack had already given, so the nuance of his read seemed almost made up

and ill piggyback off that post to say i think the way zack came about that read felt villagery and very similar to how he was poking people day 1 in the last org game i played, in particular the way he prodded ladd and questioned him but never made it a humongous deal. similar vibes here

Vote: Vulgard

for the crime of being incorrect in a game of mafia

how do you plead?

i think his memes went on a teeny bit longer than i expected they would.
    oh you are NOT gonna like the way i play this game then lol

Vote: Vulgard

for the crime of being incorrect in a game of mafia

how do you plead?
    Is that the only reason you're voting me, or is there something else?

@ nebjiamn all noted and fair enough.

oh you are NOT gonna like the way i play this game then lol

Hello, gamers.

El Barto's #9 contains a pretty interesting part that looks like a slip but I'm pretty sure it's intentional. Not sure if AI.
    El Barto?s #12 is similar.
    El Barto?s #28 has this newbie energy and it feels weird. Is this someone new to mafia? Because all three of these posts read like forcefully trying to seem new and uninformed, but if they are genuinely new, then they are ??probably?? uninformed?? I don?t even really believe that when I type it out, #28 feels bad either way. Meh.
    not sure if you missed where it was clarified he was roleplaying a newbie?

Liking Montmorency?s opener for calling out El Barto in #57, although the instant tying him to Sunbae feels somewhat bad. Liking Hally for questioning more or less the same issues I have with the post. Not too happy that Montmorency hasn?t posted since the original assessment of El Barto, waiting for more there.
    @Montmorency What do you think about Hally/Zack/Sunbae?s argument over treatment of El Barto and partly over treatment of you?

Zack?s initial treatment of Hally feels uncharitable (#68), and Hally responds to it well (#70), but the later posts from Zack and Sunbae about Hally made me think again. Hally pretty much provides the same thoughts on page 3 as I would?ve provided in regards to Montmorency and El Barto, I can?t reasonably call it wolfy when I more or less feel the same way about it. I feel like someone?s definitely being uncharitable here (Zack or Hally), but I don?t know yet which one and I can?t say they can?t both be villagers. If you put a gun to my head, I would currently say that both Zack and Sunbae portrayed Hally in a much more negative light than I believe them to deserve, and at least one of them probably did that on purpose. However, like I said, I'm not yet sure.
    your read on me feels so word salady

first you say you like that i questioned monty for the same issues you had, and you say zack was uncharitable towards me and i responded well, so at this point you like my posts. but then you say zack and sunbae made you think again? i don?t get why. zack came away from our exchange with the same impression as you ? that my response was good ? and sunbae got things wrong in my posts, i pointed them out and then he dropped his read, so all of that should be a wash and you should still like my posts, right?

i also don?t like how you say i gave the same thoughts as you had on monty and bart and you ?can?t reasonably call it wolfy.? okay, so don?t? the wording you?re using makes it sound like you were hoping you could wolf read me, but if you like my thoughts and think my response to pressure was good why don?t you just town read me? i don?t get why you?re hedging so much with this ?i feel like someone is being uncharitable but idk who??? gth not hally??? it doesn?t really follow from what you?ve said.

Sunbae actually feels somewhat wolfy independently from the shitposting, but I currently can?t explain this beyond the gut level. #96 is the main post that made me believe this, but like I said, I can't exactly explain it at the moment. Leaving my vote there for now.

Vote: Sunbae
    ooo, this is spicy though

i came away from my exchange with sunbae with a gut wolf read too, so kinda curious if you can put your feeling into words

Oh, and I think Ender?s opener is slightly >rand town.
    why?

Is that the only reason you're voting me, or is there something else?

@ nebjiamn all noted and fair enough.
    its just more fun to keep it light/goofy as my reason instead of get into a whole thing about how i think pretty much everyone has been unhappy with how ive posted so far, shaded me (lightly or heavily) for it, which makes me a pretty good target for a wolf to come in and drop a long text string about the game and end with a vote on me, you came in and did exactly that, and i squint in your general direction for it. because if i get into a whole thing about it i end up in an actual werewolf back and forth and, well, i do not wish to do that.

so instead you get "for the crime of being incorrect in a mafia game" and i go about my day continuing to mess around and meme with people

idk why the site keeps converting all my punctuation to question marks

hope it’s still legible

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast