Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798
Results 2,911 to 2,929 of 2929

Thread: Casual december game

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Casual december game

For these kinds of reasons, I never go to DVCs anymore.

People always shit on people for guessing wrong, sometimes they don't even wait that long.

Thanks everyone else for the game, good game wolves and HollowKatt, I tip my HollowHatt to you.

I missed all of you fine people if I havent seen you in ages.

Sorry I was stressed.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Damn, HK was lost wolf? Extremely powerful role, basically SK, but by LYLO it wasn't difficult to confirm that Ender had all the town tells through associatives, VCA, tone, and NKs.

wp HK

Vulgard and Visor town MVP. I sucked as usual, though tbf HK was very difficult to find by exclusionary process with so many candidates.

Montmorency — 12/21/2022 7:10 PM
    LYLO is going to end on the same page it begins with
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post

People always shit on people for guessing wrong, sometimes they don't even wait that long.

Thanks everyone else for the game, good game wolves and HollowKatt, I tip my HollowHatt to you.

I missed all of you fine people if I havent seen you in ages.

Sorry I was stressed.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053838873

For game analysis purposes though, I would request some insight on this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    I'm actually surprised Pizza never saw a single scummy post from ladd, when ladd spent a lot of time being passive-aggressive around Pizza and judging players on how they interacted with Pizza. Feels like this specifically breaks one of Pizza's stated rules, including as he himself described them D1.

Fun game btw Rask
    Vitiate Man.

Member thankful for this post:

LOST wolf.

Of course.

Right I'm gonna... go over here or something.

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

The pack had to provide me with a guess about the lonewolf identity. He would have joined the chat if correct. But that never happened (well technically it did, but Kage was chopped the same day).
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    The pack had to provide me with a guess about the lonewolf identity. He would have joined the chat if correct. But that never happened (well technically it did, but Kage was chopped the same day).
    Was it a daily guess, or did the team save it until endgame?

Hey Ender, thank you for keeping it pure after the clearing.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Was it a daily guess, or did the team save it until endgame?

Hey Ender, thank you for keeping it pure after the clearing.
    It was a daily guess Monty. (So the lonewolf could join at EOD if the guess was correct)
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Lost wolf moment. I hate lost wolves and this is an example of them sucking imo. HK probably gets a lot more scrutiny if he doesn't look really good off interactions (which he presumably did because LW moment).

GG. I liked how people I'd never even heard of before played here (Csargo, Kagemusha, Monty, Renata, Taffy... probably missed someone)

And Pizza, I'm well and truly accustomed to getting pushed, but I'm not going to pretend that you didn't seriously annoy me with the way you treated my slot. You were town for it, I figured you were town for it, but it was frustrating. I think you played your role fine, though.

If I had a nickel for every game I was in with Visor where I received a daykill and used it on mafia, I would have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Members thankful for this post (3):

mad, bad, dangerous to know Member hollowkatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgard View Post
    Lost wolf moment. I hate lost wolves and this is an example of them sucking imo. HK probably gets a lot more scrutiny if he doesn't look really good off interactions (which he presumably did because LW moment).

GG. I liked how people I'd never even heard of before played here (Csargo, Kagemusha, Monty, Renata, Taffy... probably missed someone)

And Pizza, I'm well and truly accustomed to getting pushed, but I'm not going to pretend that you didn't seriously annoy me with the way you treated my slot. You were town for it, I figured you were town for it, but it was frustrating. I think you played your role fine, though.

If I had a nickel for every game I was in with Visor where I received a daykill and used it on mafia, I would have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.
    I basically played it as town aligned SK that only got a kill after all the wolves were dead

alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

ggwp, fun to spec

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Congratulations to Hollowkatt and the wolves.

I found this game very frustrating to play. I didn't do great job, and of the I think five games I've completed this year, all of them town roles, this is my fourth loss. (With the fifth game officially declared a draw after the setup got scuffed.) So my attitude and my mental state had pretty much cratered after day four -- if I kept enough of that out of the thread that Kage was still willing to night kill me, I guess that's one thing I did right.

I hope I didn't say anything toxic; please let me know if I did. I did find the game state on day two extremely stressful.

Members thankful for this post (6):

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Congratulations to Hollowkatt and the wolves.

I found this game very frustrating to play. I didn't do great job, and of the I think five games I've completed this year, all of them town roles, this is my fourth loss. (With the fifth game officially declared a draw after the setup got scuffed.) So my attitude and my mental state had pretty much cratered after day four -- if I kept enough of that out of the thread that Kage was still willing to night kill me, I guess that's one thing I did right.

I hope I didn't say anything toxic; please let me know if I did. I did find the game state on day two extremely stressful.
    I have no problems with how you played this game, I didn't find you toxic by any definition.

@Askthepizzaguy since you're not in DVC let me say here GG and it was a thrill to play with you again. I got lucky on two fronts here. One that you bought why I thought you were wolfy with your openers based on the previous mash, and two that you died to the desperado shot. Would the wolf team have killed you? probably. But before that would have happened you absolutely had all the thread control, wim, and desire to win this game. It could have gone incredibly bad here.

To the wolf team: I'm sorry I helped kill two of you. I'm glad we got the win. It was tough balancing my desire to kill townies with my desire to look townie enough not to be on the chopping block. I felt dya was a safe push for me for a couple of reasons and that worked out well for us I think. Kage was a lucky guess basically and I voted you at the end of that day purely to make myself look better to Ender.
    Of all the players I had to fool consistently Ender scares me the most. Not because I think he's better than "you" but because he's got a LOT of experience with me and I knew I needed to keep being townie, keep trying to solve, keep making good choices to keep on his good side.

Monty I'm sorry if I treated you poorly, especially in F3. It had to be infuriating to know you were right and not being able to get anywhere with it. I had to bite my tongue several times that last day to not saying something dumb to give it all away at the last minute. Even then I slipped when I talked about csargo and why he died. But I felt like I had to engage with Ender there.

I'd much rather have had it be locked votes and hammer you 1 hour in than have this go 47 hours of literally slapping fingers on the keyboard and hoping it was gonna be enough.

The way you turned things on halfway through D3 was amazing and I knew you were going to be the obstacle I had to overcome to win this game.

Raskol thank you for running this. You always run a chill game with interesting setups. I'm glad I had an opportunity to participate.

If I haven't called you out specifically here please don't assume I don't have fond thoughts of you. All of you are amazing players, you've all taught me something in my mafia career, and you've all made games I've been in that much better just by existing.

Members thankful for this post (6):

gg all

thx for hosting rask

nice job bringing it home hk

(lol lost wolves tho)

Out to Chill, Out to Kill! Member Cape90's Avatar

Gotta love lost wolf.

GG, I played fairly accurately day 2 suspecting 3/4 wolves - Kage/ladd/HK but didn't think Kage and HK were paired, OFC lost wolf.

Three times I doubted HK being town, and three times I reconvinced myself that HK wasn't wolf because the interactions.

Sorry town, I let you all down.

WP HK, some luck on your side with the early interactions but you took your advantages and knew how to push them against me. Familiarity works two ways unfortunately =P

Also thanks to Raskol for running. Was good to have another Org game down.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Thanks for the game everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post

fwiw my experience with this game's deadchat was quite the opposite of what you describe here. I didn't play particularly well, and I'm not anyone's long-term friend (in fact most people had never played with me before) but lots of them talked to me and all of those interactions were friendly, it was all very inclusive ❤️

Members thankful for this post (3):

Just got back from Christmas road trip. Great job @hollowkatt . You nailed it as the lonewolf! Also thanks for playing everyone. It was a pleasure to play with you peeps!
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

@Zack: you are next on the org hosting list (unless its Visor or GH )... glglgl

Csargo 

Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798