Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Casual december game

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Casual december game

Ok I am ready to lose the rand.

Hit me with an actual random rand though, I do want a chance of being town. I am on a sick hot streak of that.

Daddy wants a new pair of pelts.

Pizza upon wolf rand: Frantically goes and looks up previous games just to try to look identical to myself. Tries to remember what it is like to be a villager. Notes that everyone knows I bus and that they condemn me to die anywhere near LYLO. Also this lineup. *hyperventilation*

Pizza upon town rand: Time to kill 3 out of 4 wolves and then still somehow lose, as is culturally mandated. I shall sip tea and relax like a shining golden god.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I'm not going to have a towncore this game. That solves the 4th wolf in my towncore problem.

You're all various degrees of scummy. Haters gonna hate.

That's not true if you're mech clear I will put you above null.

I will have a towncore I just will keep it to myself and not tell any of you people about it. How's that for an adjustment?

Look, I gotta do something, tired of being competent and also getting Ls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Ok. ​In.
    Sexy Kagemusha.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Look, I gotta do something, tired of being competent and also getting Ls.
    It's ok just rand with me and keep me alive. I have a 100% winrate for regular games where I'm alive D2, despite being decidedly incompetent most of the time. And if we lose you can say you were part of breaking that streak, which is perhaps even more satisfying!

...now as soon as Ender is done laughing and picks himself up off the floor he can tell you the numbers behind that percentage

Quote Originally Posted by Totally not Taffy View Post
    It's ok just rand with me and keep me alive. I have a 100% winrate for regular games where I'm alive D2, despite being decidedly incompetent most of the time. And if we lose you can say you were part of breaking that streak, which is perhaps even more satisfying!

...now as soon as Ender is done laughing and picks himself up off the floor he can tell you the numbers behind that percentage
    New bug, who dis

New bug, who dis
    I'm pretty sure we've never played together, I'm from giantitp but I only started after the Popo game.

Pizza upon wolf rand: Frantically goes and looks up previous games just to try to look identical to myself. Tries to remember what it is like to be a villager. Notes that everyone knows I bus and that they condemn me to die anywhere near LYLO. Also this lineup. *hyperventilation*

Pizza upon town rand: Time to kill 3 out of 4 wolves and then still somehow lose, as is culturally mandated. I shall sip tea and relax like a shining golden god.
    When is the last time you were ousted in LYLO as any alignment? 2013?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Ok I am ready to lose the rand.

Hit me with an actual random rand though, I do want a chance of being town. I am on a sick hot streak of that.

Daddy wants a new pair of pelts.
    Dude. There is nothing but random.org. and a good beer.
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    You are in, boss. So glad to see you ;)
    small dedicace in the sign up list, just for you :p

@katze @Chleb @Totally not Taffy. This is going to be a 17er, first to speak , first served (one spot left iirc).

I am planning to start on the 4th of December. Does that work for everybody? SOD/EOD should be 7PM EST. (48/24 game)

Regarding the set up, Visor seemed a bit grumpy about Logic's one and it is a 15er anyway. So I may do something on my own, unless unless (speak up, fight, nerds).

can use the 17er version of my poisoner setup if u want

1x Mafia 2-Shot Poisoner
    1x Mafia Backup Poisoner
    2x Mafia Goons

1x Town 2-Shot Jailkeeper
    1x Town N1 + N3 Vigilante
    1x Town N2 Vigilante
    10 Vanilla Town

Members thankful for this post (2):

Make it closed and have weird mechs like the games of yore

ETA: pls

Omg it didn't say I posted from a mobile device

I'm free! 10 years! (I'm still posting on a mobile device)

let's goooooooooo

praying i don't make bad life choices and stay up for the eods

I'm pretty sure we've never played together, I'm from giantitp but I only started after the Popo game.
    You know me from seeing me from afar.

And I was memorable enough to remember. Awwww

You're making me flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    When is the last time you were ousted in LYLO as any alignment? 2013?
    I almost just was last game, but it technically happened to someone else. Negligible difference because I had to vote to defend myself and a townie voted me, so its the same. I was otherwise 95 percent sure the wolf was a wolf and 5 percent worried the townie was a wolf. I usually nail LYLOs as town.

Before that, I dont know. I usually do not lose at LYLO unless I am a wolf, and as a wolf, I avoid there ever being a situation where I am the final wolf at LYLO, unless town is just that good.

In which case I be gooder and then I win.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Make it closed and have weird mechs like the games of yore

ETA: pls
    +1 because he said YORE.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgard View Post
    let's goooooooooo

praying i don't make bad life choices and stay up for the eods
    Palpatine: Do It.

Me: Don't do it. Take care of yourself. Only one of us has your best interests at heart.

Mathematician: Or neither of us. That is also a mathematical possibility remaining, technically.

I almost just was last game, but it technically happened to someone else. Negligible difference because I had to vote to defend myself and a townie voted me, so its the same. I was otherwise 95 percent sure the wolf was a wolf and 5 percent worried the townie was a wolf. I usually nail LYLOs as town.

Before that, I dont know. I usually do not lose at LYLO unless I am a wolf, and as a wolf, I avoid there ever being a situation where I am the final wolf at LYLO, unless town is just that good.

In which case I be gooder and then I win.
    So in other words, there can be no expectation that you will be condemned by FEAR to die at LYLO. This is Mafier, not horseshoes and hand grenades, so 'almost under threat' doesn't count.

It's fine so long as we rand together.
    Vitiate Man.

I am gonna reserve a day for myself to be yeeted if I do not find a wolf or be NKed.

And if I find a wolf and am not NKed then I kill another wolf and insist on NK.

If they let me gobble up their team I will, but I'll eat a NK instead, up to them.

If I wolf then I die and you find my buddies, simple.

This is all part of that ++++EV for me when I rand town, and better not rand wolf strat I got going.

I will still play to my wincon but I'd rather kick ass in 9 games as town than add yet another wolf win to my gigantic pile.

wolf wins dont interest me except as a task I complete to stay in form. Town wins are all that I care about now.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

So much pressure on random.org
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

This is all part of that ++++EV for me when I rand town, and better not rand wolf strat I got going.

I will still play to my wincon but I'd rather kick ass in 9 games as town than add yet another wolf win to my gigantic pile.

wolf wins dont interest me except as a task I complete to stay in form. Town wins are all that I care about now.

What about neutral rands? If you're SK, will you try to kill the entire wolf team on your own or would you help them?

What about neutral rands? If you're SK, will you try to kill the entire wolf team on your own or would you help them?
    I am probably the single most pro town neutral that has ever existed.

As SK, neutral, third party, cult, one of the 2 mafia factions, you name it, I almost always team up with town against our common threat. Either openly or in secret when I can't reveal myself.

I couldn't give a rat's booty about like a survival wincondition. I want to kill a wolf and die gloriously.

Serial killers can do that but act like vigs.

I've even as neutral with killing power traded that power to town for protection and annihilated anti town cults and mafia families in big games.

I'm also good at it. I am as careful about not killing townies then as I am as town.

In fact, I'm more careful, because as town I can make more heroic shots, as neutral SK third party etc, my survival depends on town's trust.

There's already an alignment based reason not to trust me. I wouldn't damage relations further by hitting their consensus townies. I will hit their POE, and I will be very careful about interrogating the POE person first because I don't want to miss.

My wins as compatible win condition rely on wiping out the mafia. Incompatible? Just means I do the same thing but then try and outlast the town against our mutual enemy.

Our mutual enemy usually shoots them, and if they shoot me, it ends all my cares and worries.

Alliance always lasts until our mutual enemy is defeated, at least on my part. Town is usually not so unified or trustworthy or trusting, but you know what? I'd rather gamble with them than side with a team that cannot openly work with me, because they also have to hide.

And they have a nightkill and will kill me the moment it is convenient for them. I only have the one hit point as SK, so theyre the most dangerous.

I work with town until they backstab me and I die, or until the mafia ends my suffering.

But I will go for the glory and find half their team for town anyway. That's how I neutral, that's how I SK.

I am usually town's MVP when I am non town in a multiball.

Nothing adds to town's likelihood of success than a game balanced for a three way war suddenly becoming the soviet union and the allies beating down the fascists together.

No matter what you think of the Soviets at that point, you're glad they're beating our mutual enemy.

Neutral pizza is OP, please nerf.

I do it for fun, for sport, and because in my heart, I am always town unless I am absolutely forced to fight against them with no other options.

I may not be as good a townie as I am a wolf, but damned if I won't try to be.

Same energy

See also:

Vitiate Man.

also,

Mafia game in Org feels Mushy in so many good ways. Maybe rename to Kagemushy is in order?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Game starting in a bit more than 48 hours. I pinged everyone on discord but @Kagemusha (I guess I don't need your confirmation, do tell me if anything comes up in the meantime though, also give me your discord if you have. if you don't, would be cool to create an account for out of thread communcation).

Cheers folks
    Last edited by Raskolnikov; 12-03-2022 at 00:45.

glgl

may you be blessed with a glorious town rand.

if you lose the rand, remember. Morale is the most important thing a wolf team has. Make the correct kills and let town be wrong.

You dont gotta force it. Town decides to let wolves go all the time.

And if they don't let you go and you just die, thats what happens. Its an asymmetrical game. If blindfolded town has more hit points than you and kills you, you can't stop them. They win when theyre right, thats the point.

Youre in a forced checkmate that town hopefully doesnt see. If they see it, you lose, through no fault of your own.

Every wolf game is a loss until town loses instead. Its always a loss until its too late for town to ever win again.

If you're losing a game you cannot forcibly win, youve got nothing to lose. So keep your chin up, it allows miracles to happen.

See- hitman's gambit, a game I won solo as a SK while also being cop checked night zero as guilty by the town cop before I could murder anyone.

If town makes enough mistakes literally anything is possible. Let go of everything you fear to lose.

Fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 12-03-2022 at 07:55.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Confirming tbh

mad, bad, dangerous to know Member hollowkatt's Avatar

firmcones

also why is pizza wolfing the signup thread

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast