Thread: My First Book!!! The Road Goes Ever On and On A New Perspective on J. R. R. Tolkien a

Default My First Book!!! The Road Goes Ever On and On A New Perspective on J. R. R. Tolkien a

Hi, I am a long time posters (I used to go my the name total relism) and I am now a new self-publishing author who just began a Kickstarter for my first book titled "The Road Goes Ever On and On A New Perspective on J. R. R. Tolkien and Middle-earth." Kickstarter supporters receive special perks such as sighed copies, early access, reduced price, stunning artwork, etc Please check out the link if you are interested in supporting an Indie author.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...=project_build

Blurb

J.R.R. Tolkien?s Middle-earth has captured the imaginations of millions of readers around the world for generations. He is considered the father of modern fantasy, but few understand how Tolkien?s worldview impacted his mythology. The Road Goes Ever On and On is the first book of its kind to place Tolkien within his proper context, giving the reader a deeper understanding of Tolkien and Middle-earth. Smith takes us on a quest through a wide range of Tolkien?s writings to unlock Tolkien?s perspective?a perspective that, like the elves who have sailed into the West leaving Middle-earth, has faded away from our world.

You will gain an in-depth knowledge of Tolkien?s views on politics, environmentalism, religion, and much more. From the Valar to Hobbits, the free peoples closely follow Tolkien?s sentiments. In contrast, forces under the Shadow represent what Tolkien believed was immoral. Covering a wide range of topics, The Road Goes Ever On and On is filled with breathtaking illustrations bringing Middle-earth to life like never before, making this the ?one book to rule them all.?

Praise for the Road Goes Ever On and On!

Engrossing...Tolkien?s principles?patriotism, Medievalism, localism, Catholicism?are certainly out of fashion today. And yet they?re the foundation for all his books, which have sold hundreds of millions of copies. Mr. Smith does a wonderful job of explaining why modern readers are so enthralled by Tolkien?s reactionary vision. Whether you?re a casual Lord of the Rings fan or a serious Tolkien scholar, every page of Mr. Smith?s book will delight and fascinate. And if anyone ever tells you that fairy-tales are only for children, hand him this book. Tolkien ought to be regarded as one of the great social critics of our time, as Mr. Smith so masterfully demonstrates.
    -Michael Warren Davis is an editor for Sophia Institute Press and the author of The Reactionary Mind: Why Conservative Isn?t Enough. You can find him on his blog, The Common Man.

As the popularity of Tolkien?s work continues to endure, the importance of Jeb Smith?s work continues to grow. This is because of a prolonged siege against Tolkien?s work: the attempt to dislodge it from its Christian and Biblical foundations. Jeb Smith?s insights are immensely helpful to this and future generations of Tolkien admirers.
    -Scott L. Smith, author of Lord of the Rings and the Eucharist

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Default Re: My First Book!!! The Road Goes Ever On and On A New Perspective on J. R. R. Tolki

Best of luck in the project, seems like an interesting topic though there are a lot of Tolkien biographies out there already, though perhaps with less a view at his personal views on what today would be political topics.
    Given the Rings of Power show and its current controversies over what is 'true' to Tolkien you should have some success in getting it published.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Default Re: My First Book!!! The Road Goes Ever On and On A New Perspective on J. R. R. Tolki

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla View Post
    Best of luck in the project, seems like an interesting topic though there are a lot of Tolkien biographies out there already, though perhaps with less a view at his personal views on what today would be political topics.
    Given the Rings of Power show and its current controversies over what is 'true' to Tolkien you should have some success in getting it published.
    Thank you for your encouragement.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Hi there, congratulations on your book / project, I hope the project gets fully funded and you're on your way to becoming a full time author!

Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?