Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Motion Detect 15er GAME THREAD

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

Default Motion Detect 15er GAME THREAD

This is a fun casual mafia game

Rules:

• 48/24 phases, at 7pm american eastern. :00 posts/votes are good, :01 posts/votes bad.
    • You may not talk after death.
    • Don't quote anything I say to you. Paraphrasing is fine.
    • No screenshots, etc.
    • You may NOT talk to players outside the thread unless otherwise specified in your role PM.
    • You will vote for players you want lynched during the day, using the format, Vote: Sunbae. Votes must be in bold to count. You do not need to unvote to vote someone else. I will count your last legal vote as your vote. You must use that specific vote format with the colon or the vote WILL NOT count. (this is so i can find the votes easier)
    • You can thank posts who cares, just don't angle it/be angleshooty about it.
    • Do not talk at night.
    • Votes that end in a tie will be decided by random lynch.
    • No lynch is allowed as is abstain.
    • Don't edit posts please.
    • If you miss a day phase I will message you and see whats up. If I don't hear from you by the start of the next day you will be subbed or modkilled (depending on game phase and whether I can find a sub).
    • Have fun. This is not an option . If you don't think you'll have fun with this game... don't join it.
    • Night orders are due 1 hour prior to start of day. (Please PM me night orders, though I will also accept discord.)

Setup and Roles:

Town:
    - 1 Town Motion Detector. This power goes away when only one scum remains. (choose a target each night. you will be told if they performed an action or if an action was performed on them that night. You will get back either "Yes" or "No")

- 1 Town JOAT (1x Doctor, 1x Poison, 1x Roleblock) + 1x Day Heal (If a player is poisoned, you may choose to heal them before the day is out and they won't die)

- 10x Vanilla Town

Mafia:
    - 1 Scum Firefighter (Each night you must target a player. Nothing happens to them, you just target them).

- 1 Scum 2x Power Killer (Each night you may select a player. If that player is a power role that player will die. If not, nothing happens)

- 1 Scum Backup 2x Power Killer (The charges are shared between the Power Killer and the Backup. If Power Killer uses 1 then dies, backup can only use 1 more)

Note: The scum nightkill is assigned to a player and will trigger motion detection

Playerlist:
    1. baudib1
    2. Dyachei
    3. EnderWiggin
    4. Ephemeral
    5. Hollowkatt
    6. Ladd
    7. Logic
    8. noraplus
    9. PZelda
    10. Raskolnikov
    11. Silverkeith
    12. Syn
    13. Visor
    14. Wisdom
    15. Yoloswag

Sub:
    1. Cuthillius
    2. Vulgard
    3. Csargo

Spec:
    1. Hally
    2. Totally not Taffy
    3. Juliets
    4. cape90

---------------------------------------------

I will announce when the game has started, please do not post until then, thanks.

If the thread opens and you do not have a role pm, please DM me before posting

Don't discuss role pms in thread obv, they're all just you randed x congrats anyway.

-------------------------------------------------

Current Game Status Will Be Updated Here After Day 1:

Alive (6/15):

1. baudib1
    2. Dyachei
    3. Ephemeral
    4. Syn
    5. Visor
    6. Yoloswag

Dead (9/15):
    Pzelda (Scum Firefighter, d1 chop)
    Wisdom (Vanilla Town, n1 death)
    Logic (Vanilla Town, d2 poison)
    Silverkeith (Vanilla Town, d2 chop)
    noraplus (Vanilla Town, n2 death)
    HollowKatt (Vanilla Town, d3 chop)
    Raskolnikov (Vanilla Town, n3 death)
    EnderWiggin (Scum 2x Power Killer, d4 chop)
    Ladd (Town JOAT, n4 kill)

Updates:
    Day 1: pzelda chopped. scum firefighter
    Night 1: Wisdom Dead Vanilla Town, Logic Poisoned
    Day 2: SilverKeith chopped Vanilla Town . Logic dead to poison Vanilla Town.
    Night 2: Noraplus Dead Vanilla Town
    Day 3: HolloKatt chopped Vanilla Town
    Night 3: Raskolnikov dead Vanilla Town
    Day 4: EnderWiggin chopped Scum 2x Power Killer
    Night 5: Ladd dead Town JOAT
    Last edited by Sunbae; 02-12-2023 at 23:56.

Default Re: Motion Detect 15er GAME THREAD

Question: Can a wolf use two actions in a night?

Answer: Yes. A wolf can carry both the kill and their role action to different places. They will be counted at motion at each location.

Role PMs are out.

Note, the vanilla villager role pm is as follows:

You are vanilla town!

The game thread can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053840260

You win when all threats to town are dead.

If you have any questions, let me and benneh know

The game will start at 7pm eastern tomorrow, 1/31/2023.

Thank you all for signing up and we hope you have fun!

Day has begun!

There is no MAJ today

The day will end 48 hours from now (Thursday, 7pm eastern).

:00 good

:01 bad

Have fun! If you need anything contact benneh or i on discord

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Sup friendos, Syn.
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Members thankful for this post (2):

I’m pretty mad that Sunbae didn’t follow my request to be randed wolf. The only reason I inned was to have the chance to power wolf with YOLO and roflstomp this town of potatoes.

(YOLO: I had it all planned out where we nk Dyachei n1, leave slank-cover ladd and Visor alive to give town paranoia and quietly inspire misyeets and chillax while doing some elite distancing from our third partner.)

Anyway, just another town game but at least in this list I probably won’t be perceived to be as dangerous as 4-5 other villagers and hope people here won’t be inting like your typical MU 15er.
    So this is what will happen:
    - I’ll be casually cleared by everyone
    - 2-3 players will call me their top townread on D1
    - prob postcap within the 1/4 mark
    - a bunch of you will tinfoil on me D2/3 if I don’t hit a wolf
    - I’ll bury the wolf at F5

message to the wolves only
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This will probably make the wolves read me as VT but I’ll be breadcrumbing my role at some point

Member thankful for this post:

Enjoy that juicy poison baudib
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

swag

swag

all default pfps are wolves

Sup y'all

Rolled villa

I've played with most of the players in the game, pleased to meet anyone I haven't

baudib my top villa

mad, bad, dangerous to know Member hollowkatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Sup friendos, Syn.
    vote: raskol

Syn is also a friendo

Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 View Post
    I?m pretty mad that Sunbae didn?t follow my request to be randed wolf. The only reason I inned was to have the chance to power wolf with YOLO and roflstomp this town of potatoes.

(YOLO: I had it all planned out where we nk Dyachei n1, leave slank-cover ladd and Visor alive to give town paranoia and quietly inspire misyeets and chillax while doing some elite distancing from our third partner.)

Anyway, just another town game but at least in this list I probably won?t be perceived to be as dangerous as 4-5 other villagers and hope people here won?t be inting like your typical MU 15er.
    So this is what will happen:
    - I?ll be casually cleared by everyone
    - 2-3 players will call me their top townread on D1
    - prob postcap within the 1/4 mark
    - a bunch of you will tinfoil on me D2/3 if I don?t hit a wolf
    - I?ll bury the wolf at F5

message to the wolves only
    This will probably make the wolves read me as VT but I?ll be breadcrumbing my role at some point
    ok you are actually a wolf but we won't get around to chopping you till like D4 or something

Quote Originally Posted by YOLOSWAG View Post
    Sup y'all

Rolled villa

I've played with most of the players in the game, pleased to meet anyone I haven't

baudib my top villa
    oof

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.gif 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	26338

but yes!

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    oof
    I missed you too hk

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0.gif 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	26338

but yes!
    was replying to noraplus lol.

My read on Raskolinov:

"Raskolnikov" can be seen as both a complex and morally ambiguous character. Some may view him as a sympathetic protagonist who is struggling with poverty and existential crisis, while others may view him as a ruthless and selfish murderer. Ultimately, the interpretation of Raskolnikov as a "good" or "bad" character is a matter of personal opinion.

A quick note about WW theory and how I will play this game. Note that the arguments and facts presented here are indisputable, and that I will not engage in arguments about them, because those arguments are you wasting everyone else's time about meta that is well and comprehensively established. Go make reads so we can read you.

I've reflected on my role and realized that there is a GTO play for me in this game, and therefore I am compelled to pursue it. I am going to brute force my clearness immediately upon the opening of the thread.

I am hard-claiming, and I will never be rescinding. I am the MD. When it becomes prudent I will provide my peek.

Benefits:

1. I will survive tonight: I do not believe the wolves are able to kill me tonight, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would ever do this as the MD. I believe that this decision reduces the importance of the MD cover to be provided by all of you to the point of it being negligible. The wolves have already been outplayed, as it were.

2. I'm lock clear: All of you already know I'm lock clear, because it is so objectively unlikely that I would do this as a wolf. You know this for at least two reasons. First, this is the easiest, lowest-stress, lowest-demand game to wolf in that I've ever played in (except for turbos). I have no need to complicate my life, as a wolf, by open-claiming on thread open, when all Ihave to do is provide like a C-level wolf game to probably win. This is the rare instance where you literally [i]know[i] that I have a billion other options as a wolf, AND that I would pursue probably ALL of them before pursuing this. Second, I engage in FPS exceedingly rarely, which necessarily means that I *know* that this will look WEIRD and SHOCKING to you. There is no merit to a wolf play that instantly generates WEIRD and SHOCKED responses that I would be obligated to finesse and manage for the remainder of the game. As a villager, which I am, the burden is totally on you to not **** up and lynch me. Makes my life super awesome.

3. There are only 13 players you need to try to read, rather than 14: I have already provided a "free" peek of me in a game with a mere 15 players. Our win equity is dramatically improved by my being entirely off the table for the entire game.

Conclusion:

The burden of sound reasoning is now entirely upon you. I am the MD, and thus a villager, and thus lock clear. The game is immediately simpler than it would otherwise have been, because of my decision. Now, let us enjoy that benefit and win the game.

Also, to preempt a lengthy and pointless discussion.

It is NOT dumb to ponder this post and convince yourself of its wisdom. That is your obligation as a villager, and I encourage you to think it over for as long as it takes to quell your (initially valid but ultimately unnecessary) concerns.

It IS dumb to, AFTER doing that pondering, conclude that I'm "neutral" or "wolfy." That is legitimately stupid, and I won't entertain it. ONE of the reasons it is a stupid conclusion is that the upside of this play as a wolf is absolutely DWARFED by the upside of this play as a villager. There is no equivalency between the EV gain for wolf-me in this position and villager-me in this position. They're universes apart. That means I wouldn't DO the poorer option of the two (by extension, wolf-me also wouldn't BELIEVE that I could convince the entire game of the truth of these assertions for the entire game, which as an end-game wolf I would have to believe if this strategem were to be worth pursuing). A SECOND reason that conclusion is stupid is that the EV bonus of oding this as a wolf is COMPLETELY DWARFED by me baseline wolf EV anyway. Anything that complicates my wolfing life is RIDICULOUSLY stupid for me to do, given that my wolfing life is ALREADY one of the smoothest, highest expectation wolfing lives in WW history anyway. A THIRD reason that conclusion is stupid is that you would probably have to worry about being EXPLOITED by this gambit in order to get there. However, I have NEVER engaged in this, or any similar, gambit in my entire career, meaning that if there IS exploitation to be had with this play, it is in FUTURE GAMES, not this game. For these reasons, pressuring me is extremely wolfy and should not be engaged in by any villager, ever, in this game. There will be no less productive pursuit than that in this game.

Sucks for the wolves when meta is wielded this brutally, but my allegiance is plain and my strategy perfect. Get #rekt.

Members thankful for this post (3):

My read on Raskolinov:

"Raskolnikov" can be seen as both a complex and morally ambiguous character. Some may view him as a sympathetic protagonist who is struggling with poverty and existential crisis, while others may view him as a ruthless and selfish murderer. Ultimately, the interpretation of Raskolnikov as a "good" or "bad" character is a matter of personal opinion.
    Can't wait to have yours

I don't think that was a good claim but OK.

I am so supremely confident in my abilities, and so thunderously calm + relaxed, that I will make a single irrelevant post at SOD then peace out for hours on end. I won't do anything villagery, I won't make any reads, I'll make 49 shitposts over the next 35 hours, then once EOD rolls around I'll make an unspecified number of additional shitposts. No cogent thought will escape these handsome lips. I will be illogical, haphazard, superfluous, inessential, pointless, redundant, uncalled for, unwarranted, unjustified, and gratuitous. The effen theorem will catch me with my pants betwixt my ankles. I'll vote off-wagon, talk about random nonsense, and make inappropriate japes concerning my relation to wolfchat. I am preemptively declaring any responses to this post "fair enough". I'll complain about a lack of WIM, the cause of which is nebuluous, obscure, and entirely insufficient. I will fabricate excuses and pretend I am busy to avoid posting in this thread, when in fact I will be watching cartoons and eating cheeto puffs in my underwear. More specifically, black boxer-briefs. You can't stop me. You can't mislynch me. You're powerless. I laugh in your face. I'm a villager, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want. Go cry in wolfchat, you big baby. While you're poring over the thread, searching for any clue at all to help you in the seer hunt, know that I am still watching those cartoons and eating those cheeto puffs, nary a care in the world. My armpits are bone dry. I'm a villager, what are you going to do about it? Nothing; you will do nothing about it, because that's all you can do. Ligma. What's ligma? Ligma balls.

Vote: No Lynch

Sunbae: We are NKing Raskolinov.

wait is this Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    I am so supremely confident in my abilities, and so thunderously calm + relaxed, that I will make a single irrelevant post at SOD then peace out for hours on end. I won't do anything villagery, I won't make any reads, I'll make 49 shitposts over the next 35 hours, then once EOD rolls around I'll make an unspecified number of additional shitposts. No cogent thought will escape these handsome lips. I will be illogical, haphazard, superfluous, inessential, pointless, redundant, uncalled for, unwarranted, unjustified, and gratuitous. The effen theorem will catch me with my pants betwixt my ankles. I'll vote off-wagon, talk about random nonsense, and make inappropriate japes concerning my relation to wolfchat. I am preemptively declaring any responses to this post "fair enough". I'll complain about a lack of WIM, the cause of which is nebuluous, obscure, and entirely insufficient. I will fabricate excuses and pretend I am busy to avoid posting in this thread, when in fact I will be watching cartoons and eating cheeto puffs in my underwear. More specifically, black boxer-briefs. You can't stop me. You can't mislynch me. You're powerless. I laugh in your face. I'm a villager, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want. Go cry in wolfchat, you big baby. While you're poring over the thread, searching for any clue at all to help you in the seer hunt, know that I am still watching those cartoons and eating those cheeto puffs, nary a care in the world. My armpits are bone dry. I'm a villager, what are you going to do about it? Nothing; you will do nothing about it, because that's all you can do. Ligma. What's ligma? Ligma balls.

Vote: No Lynch
    Chat GPI says: This post seems to be a form of trolling or making a parody of typical behavior in a game of Mafia or Werewolf. The content appears to be making fun of overconfidence and nonsensical behavior, while poking fun at the behavior of players in these games.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Vote: Syn

welcome back bronana

Sunbae: We are NKing Raskolinov.

wait is this Discord
    Look, here's what's going to happen:

We're going to lynch someone, probably someone in the perceived lower half of skill level of the players in the game that had the most uninspired d1 by t0an and/or volume; hopefully we're right

The wolves are going to SPK someone, probably Visor if he's a villager and/or has something that could be minimally construed as a correct fakepeek, and then some other $%#! may or may not happen and we'll have NK/mechanical stuff to talk about

It's hard to gin up enthusiasm when the real game isn't actually going to start for the better part of 48 hours, and having hk act like he's all clever for voting me because there's a 25% chance he could be right and have gotten in on the ground floor is just stupid, and it's insulting that you think it would be at all productive regardless of my role

Members thankful for this post (3):

Vote: Visor

Vote: Yoloswag

I don't think that was a good claim but OK.
    best post so far.

Nice pasta Ephe

Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast