Page 1 of 102 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Motion Detect 15er #2 GAME THREAD

You're gonna have a bad time Member Sunbae's Avatar

Default Motion Detect 15er #2 GAME THREAD

This is a fun casual mafia game
    There is a post cap of 100 posts per day, lifted one hour before eod
    Maj in effect from d2 on

Rules:

• 48/24 phases, at 7pm american eastern. :00 posts/votes are good, :01 posts/votes bad.
    • You may not talk after death.
    • Don't quote anything I say to you. Paraphrasing is fine.
    • No screenshots, etc.
    • You may NOT talk to players outside the thread unless otherwise specified in your role PM.
    • You will vote for players you want lynched during the day, using the format, Vote: Sunbae. Votes must be in bold to count. You do not need to unvote to vote someone else. I will count your last legal vote as your vote. You must use that specific vote format with the colon or the vote WILL NOT count. (this is so i can find the votes easier)
    • You can thank posts who cares, just don't angle it/be angleshooty about it.
    • Do not talk at night.
    • Votes that end in a tie will be decided by random lynch.
    • No lynch is allowed as is abstain.
    • Don't edit posts please.
    • If you miss a day phase I will message you and see whats up. If I don't hear from you by the start of the next day you will be subbed or modkilled (depending on game phase and whether I can find a sub).
    • Have fun. This is not an option . If you don't think you'll have fun with this game... don't join it.
    • Night orders are due 1 hour prior to start of day. (Please PM me night orders, though I will also accept discord.)

Setup and Roles:

Town:
    - 1 Town Motion Detector. This power goes away when only one scum remains. (choose a target each night. you will be told if they performed an action or if an action was performed on them that night. You will get back either "Yes" or "No")

- 1 Town JOAT (1x Doctor, 1x Poison, 1x Roleblock)

- 10x Vanilla Town

Mafia:
    - 1 Scum Firefighter (Each night you must target a player. Nothing happens to them, you just target them).

- 1 Scum 2x Power Killer (Each night you may select a player. If that player is a power role that player will die. If not, nothing happens)

- 1 Scum Universal Backup (The charges are shared between the Power Killer and the Backup. If Power Killer uses 1 then dies, backup can only use 1 more)

Note: The scum nightkill is assigned to a player and will trigger motion detection

Playerlist:
    1. Achro
    2. Boq
    3. Cape90
    4. dyachei
    5. EnderWiggin
    6. illario
    7. ladd
    8. lapras
    9. nutella
    10. raskolnikov
    11. Robyn
    12. Syn
    13. Visor
    14. Vulgard
    15. Wisdom

---------------------------------------------

I will announce when the game has started, please do not post until then, thanks.

If the thread opens and you do not have a role pm, please DM me before posting

Don't discuss role pms in thread obv, they're all just you randed x congrats anyway.

-------------------------------------------------

Current Game Status Will Be Updated Here After Day 1:

WOLVES WIN
    1. Achro
    2. Boquise
    3. Vulgard
    Last edited by Sunbae; 04-03-2023 at 00:26.

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Motion Detect 15er #2 GAME THREAD

All role pms have been sent.

The vanilla town pm is:

You are vanilla town!

The game thread can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...post2053843245

You win when all threats to town are dead.

If you have any questions, let me and benneh know

Game starts tomorrow, 3/21, at 7pm eastern 23 hours and 30 minutes from this post)

Casual reminder to everyone that this is a casual game. sunbae and I are very excited to host this hype player list for a fun game with a setup that we believe can be very fun, interesting, and provide a great baseline of mechanical play to cookie crumb a fairly balanced and well played game of werewolf.

I believe it goes without saying we don't need to address name-calling/insulting rhetoric. We are already aware that this playerlist is better than that.

You may be hyped to rand villager, or wolf, or PR, or just to play with a certain player, or most likely of all, to be playing in a game hosted by 2 washed-up never was's. This is great! We want to encourage that, but please keep in mind that others have signed up with the intention of enjoying a casual game and what that means for each person can vary.

This is not a crutch to say that you can't suspect people for low-posting or wolf people out of the game because they don't respond well to pressure. This is werewolf and we want everyone to play to their wincondition and that means exploring all (in-game) avenues. All we ask if that you be respectful of or at least try to be aware of eachother's boundaries in this regard.

Someone may not want to dedicate more than an hour per day to this game, or more than 25 posts, or much more than an ITYSL-themed GIF barrage related to the quality of one's posting (It's interesting, the posts...). Or it may manifest itself in some other way.

If you feel the game is becoming decidedly not-casual for you, please feel free to take a long break and return when playing the game feels like fun again. If you believe it is something that we can help address as mods, please DM sunbae or myself directly (here or via discord) and we will do our best to accommodate.
    Last edited by nebjiamn; 03-21-2023 at 01:21.

Lapras will be replacing Ephemeral

No discussing subs etc.

Lucy is remaining in the game but will now be playing as Robyn and using they/them pronouns

Day 1 has started.

There is no maj today.

EOD is in 48 hours: 7pm eastern on 3/23

You may post now

Achro
    Boq
    Cape90
    dyachei
    EnderWiggin
    illario
    ladd
    lapras
    nutella
    raskolnikov
    Robyn
    Visor
    Vulgard
    Wisdom

there's at least 2 wolves in this list

thunderously calm greeting and effortlessly humorous entry post

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Hi friendos
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

I take a puff of my cigarette as I look out over the room where fourteen faces stare back at me. Luminaries from all over the world have come here in order to gain infamy for their detective skills by bringing down a notorious international ring of criminals. Sitting in front of me were fourteen fellow detectives. At least, that was the idea. The note in my hand told another story entirely.

It was from the organizer of this event. Three bodies had been discovered only 24 hours ago in the harbor. The first murders in this city in over a decade. Now, of all times? Coincidences were never quite so ridiculous. The organizer agreed, which explained the contents of the note.

My esteemed Detective, I am afraid I am forced to conclude that this conference of detectives has been compromised. What was once a meeting of 15 minds I am afraid has likely become a deadly game of murder mystery. Three dead bodies would lead me to believe that three detectives have been replaced. I have made 14 identical notes and passed it along to everyone present at this meeting, as I have no way of knowing who has been replaced by a doppelganger. Our enemies are clever and have vast resources, even our attempts at hiding this meeting have ended in failure. If the person reading this is a detective, I beg of you, find the killers among you so that we may proceed with our plans unmolested.

Dire news indeed. Three in this room could not be trusted. Three in this room were not who they said they were. What these villains did not know - they could not possibly know - is that they had made a mistake. A severe error in judgment. They had crossed paths with the famed Great Detective Achro and his trust ace Pokemon, Snorlax, and they would be brought to justice if it was the last thing I did.

I had no sooner thought that before the lights went out. My breath caught in my throat as I expected my life to come to an end here and now. There was not a sound as the darkness and silence lingered for seconds that stretched out to what felt like days. Then, as suddenly as the lights had gone out, they came back on. My eyes darted all around the room to find everyone was in the exact same positions they had been in prior to the lights shutting off.

There was one thing new to the room, however.

In bright red paint, scrawled messily, on the wall was written ?12 Vs 3. Catch us if you can.?

An open act of defiance. Very well then, I know what this means. The game is afoot.

(I am playing WoW's new patch right now, my activity this evening will be spotty)

Syn hardclaiming wolf in his first post is something
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

@Ephemeral you coward

Hello im lapras

Hm, I tried to post something but it didn't go through, strange.

(perhaps quick reply is the way to go, I am playing wow's new patch atm and my activity will be sporadic this evening)

I take a puff of my cigarette as I look out over the room where fourteen faces stare back at me. Luminaries from all over the world have come here in order to gain infamy for their detective skills by bringing down a notorious international ring of criminals. Sitting in front of me were fourteen fellow detectives. At least, that was the idea. The note in my hand told another story entirely.

It was from the organizer of this event. Three bodies had been discovered only 24 hours ago in the harbor. The first murders in this city in over a decade. Now, of all times? Coincidences were never quite so ridiculous. The organizer agreed, which explained the contents of the note.

My esteemed Detective, I am afraid I am forced to conclude that this conference of detectives has been compromised. What was once a meeting of 15 minds I am afraid has likely become a deadly game of murder mystery. Three dead bodies would lead me to believe that three detectives have been replaced. I have made 14 identical notes and passed it along to everyone present at this meeting, as I have no way of knowing who has been replaced by a doppelganger. Our enemies are clever and have vast resources, even our attempts at hiding this meeting have ended in failure. If the person reading this is a detective, I beg of you, find the killers among you so that we may proceed with our plans unmolested.

Dire news indeed. Three in this room could not be trusted. Three in this room were not who they said they were. What these villains did not know - they could not possibly know - is that they had made a mistake. A severe error in judgment. They had crossed paths with the famed Great Detective Achro and his trust ace Pokemon, Snorlax, and they would be brought to justice if it was the last thing I did.

I had no sooner thought that before the lights went out. My breath caught in my throat as I expected my life to come to an end here and now. There was not a sound as the darkness and silence lingered for seconds that stretched out to what felt like days. Then, as suddenly as the lights had gone out, they came back on. My eyes darted all around the room to find everyone was in the exact same positions they had been in prior to the lights shutting off.

There was one thing new to the room, however.

In bright red paint, scrawled messily, on the wall was written ‘12 Vs 3. Catch us if you can.”

An open act of defiance. Very well then, I know what this means. The game is afoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapras View Post
    Hello im lapras
    And i really mean it

Hey Lapras, will you carry me?

is 50ppp straight up not an option on this site lmao thats so scuffed

Quote Originally Posted by nutella View Post
    is 50ppp straight up not an option on this site lmao thats so scuffed
    don't think so

Have fun. This is not an option . If you don't think you'll have fun with this game... don't join it.

wtf i hate haaving fun

rask v

imma say it before it becomes cool

rask v

Quote Originally Posted by illario View Post
    rask v

w/w

I am gonna have to bus my mate now for displaying an overwhelming amount of TMI

good thing rask didnt rand this game or i would have rolled wolf

Members thankful for this post (2):

hello, this’ll be a fun game

I put my cigarette out beneath my boot and try to take in what it is I see before me. There are some random mutterings, a large Lapras saying its own name, and already a man slapping the back of another and declaring them trustworthy. One even remarks they sure are glad they are not a wolf in Sheep's clothing. Funny enough I think I believe it.

@Raskolnikov wanna mason?

vote: raskol

Vote:raskol

Page 1 of 102 123451151101 ... LastLast