alien shapeshifter Member Hally's Avatar

Default Re: 17er Saints and Martyrs

Quote Originally Posted by nebjiamn View Post
    ur right, i forgot you were such a good example of this. my bad
    i’m interpreting this as a roundabout way of calling me a bitch

ok, no, that's actually way meaner than i intended that to sound lol

i am not that cruel

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ok, no, that's actually way meaner than i intended that to sound lol

i am not that cruel
    I am

hally, you are a
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Good, you clicked through this spoiler. This isn't actually Asari high command. They're too busy tending to what's left of their planet.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Members thankful for this post (3):

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Playerlist ranked by dog name potential

Elite Dog names
    GeneralHankerchief
    Wisdom
    ladd

Decent dog names
    Raskolnikov
    EnderWiggin
    Visor

Potentially good depending on the dog/breed
    Logic
    Arctic
    dyachei

Human-y but still decent for some pups
    Hally
    Gemma

Human-y and not good for pups
    Jan
    Zack

Just downright bad
    nebjiamn
    murska
    vanta black
    Syn
    lmfao. Complete nonsense, I love it.

(funny what a post from GH calling you a wolf can do )
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    lmfao. Complete nonsense, I love it.

sir, I most protest, I have not made a single game-relevant post so far (aside from my opener ofc) and certainly not anything that would contain so vulgar and garish as a read. You must have me confused with Zack and there's a chance that there's potentially something to be read into said confusing of the two names but that would be game-relevant and thus beyond my purview.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Hum, it was a post from ladd actually.
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

lol I was midly amused by me correcting a nonsense joke about a nonsense post but here we are GH :p

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    sir, I most protest, I have not made a single game-relevant post so far (aside from my opener ofc) and certainly not anything that would contain so vulgar and garish as a read. You must have me confused with Zack
    i assume you intentionally said this immediately after a post that is probably a carbon copy of a sentence i've posted in several games around this point on d1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    i assume you intentionally said this immediately after a post that is probably a carbon copy of a sentence i've posted in several games around this point on d1
    I actually didn't, at least not intentionally, but I'm sure there was probably some subconscious nonsense going around that helped guide me toward making that post.

Good, you clicked through this second spoiler. This isn't actually Asari high command. They're too busy tending to what's left of their planet.

i keep clicking gh’s spoilers thinking it will be something and then it’s the same fuckin joke every time

Members thankful for this post (2):

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    i keep clicking gh’s spoilers thinking it will be something and then it’s the same fuckin joke every time
    there were TWO notable differences in the most recent one tyvm

sir, I most protest, I have not made a single game-relevant post so far (aside from my opener ofc) and certainly not anything that would contain so vulgar and garish as a read. You must have me confused with GeneralHankerchief

Okay but in all seriousness, I do have a read on Hally I want let marinate in the thread, swirl it around in my glass to see how it feels, etc. but I'll spoiler it so I don't break kayfabe / so people don't think I'm some dork who's already taking the game way too seriously.

Why do I love Darkstar so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. Darkstar isn't just the best character in the series, he might just be the? greatest character of all time. Just imaging him riding through the sands of Dorne, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him. As he rides through the red mountains, the ladies swoon at his very scent. They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Planky Town under the the name of "Greenblood Orgasm." The very nature of Darkstar is mystery. could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes? The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit. However, Darkstar is filled with such guile, such? arcane craft that he does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Darkstar is not one that is easily penetrated. Darkstar is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the? page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world. Darkstar is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes. His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only? glimpse into the true machinations of Darkstar. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. Darkstar is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the saga together. Without Darkstar, the entire series, the entire world of Westeros as we know it crumbles. The Trident would stop flowing without Darkstar, the Reach would become a desolate crater, and the Wall would melt without his frosty gaze.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Blog Entries

sir, I most protest, I have not made a single game-relevant post so far (aside from my opener ofc) and certainly not anything that would contain so vulgar and garish as a read. You must have me confused with GeneralHankerchief

Okay but in all seriousness, I do have a read on Hally I want let marinate in the thread, swirl it around in my glass to see how it feels, etc. but I'll spoiler it so I don't break kayfabe / so people don't think I'm some dork who's already taking the game way too seriously.

Why do I love Darkstar so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. Darkstar isn't just the best character in the series, he might just be the? greatest character of all time. Just imaging him riding through the sands of Dorne, the wind in his hair, his mighty steed below him. As he rides through the red mountains, the ladies swoon at his very scent. They know how he smells, the essence of his smell is sold in Planky Town under the the name of "Greenblood Orgasm." The very nature of Darkstar is mystery. could he be playing a deeper game than even his creator realizes? The answer is yes, he has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever he sees fit. However, Darkstar is filled with such guile, such? arcane craft that he does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Darkstar is not one that is easily penetrated. Darkstar is such a force of nature in his realm that nothing can truly touch him, the only thing keeping him bound to the? page at all is his will to exist within the preordained boundaries of his world. Darkstar is not only beyond the comprehension of us, he exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe his playful smile, his gorgeous and rippling biceps, his gallant nose, and most importantly, his eyes. His eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only? glimpse into the true machinations of Darkstar. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. Darkstar is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, he is himself is the binding that holds the saga together. Without Darkstar, the entire series, the entire world of Westeros as we know it crumbles. The Trident would stop flowing without Darkstar, the Reach would become a desolate crater, and the Wall would melt without his frosty gaze.
    WHY DO I LOVE DARKSTAR SO MUCH? IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE WHEN I THINK ABOUT IT. DARKSTAR ISN'T JUST THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE SERIES, HE MIGHT JUST BE THE? GREATEST CHARACTER OF ALL TIME. JUST IMAGING HIM RIDING THROUGH THE SANDS OF DORNE, THE WIND IN HIS HAIR, HIS MIGHTY STEED BELOW HIM. AS HE RIDES THROUGH THE RED MOUNTAINS, THE LADIES SWOON AT HIS VERY SCENT. THEY KNOW HOW HE SMELLS, THE ESSENCE OF HIS SMELL IS SOLD IN PLANKY TOWN UNDER THE THE NAME OF "GREENBLOOD ORGASM." THE VERY NATURE OF DARKSTAR IS MYSTERY. COULD HE BE PLAYING A DEEPER GAME THAN EVEN HIS CREATOR REALIZES? THE ANSWER IS YES, HE HAS TRANSCENDED SUCH BOUNDARIES AS THE WRITTEN WORLD, AND HAS FREE WILL TO DO WHATEVER HE SEES FIT. HOWEVER, DARKSTAR IS FILLED WITH SUCH GUILE, SUCH? ARCANE CRAFT THAT HE DOES NOT EVEN USE THESE POWERS. WHY, YOU MIGHT ASK? YOU WILL NEVER KNOW, FOR THE MIND OF THE DARKSTAR IS NOT ONE THAT IS EASILY PENETRATED. DARKSTAR IS SUCH A FORCE OF NATURE IN HIS REALM THAT NOTHING CAN TRULY TOUCH HIM, THE ONLY THING KEEPING HIM BOUND TO THE? PAGE AT ALL IS HIS WILL TO EXIST WITHIN THE PREORDAINED BOUNDARIES OF HIS WORLD. DARKSTAR IS NOT ONLY BEYOND THE COMPREHENSION OF US, HE EXISTS WITHIN A PLANE OF TRUE FOCUS AND BEAUTY. OBSERVE HIS PLAYFUL SMILE, HIS GORGEOUS AND RIPPLING BICEPS, HIS GALLANT NOSE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, HIS EYES. HIS EYES, LIKE POOLS OF SAFFRON, PROVIDE THE ONLY? GLIMPSE INTO THE TRUE MACHINATIONS OF DARKSTAR. DO NOT STARE INTO THEM. MANY GOOD MEN HAVE GONE MAD IN THE ATTEMPT. DARKSTAR IS NOT JUST A CHARACTER, A FORMLESS COLLECTION OF WORDS AND IMAGES, HE IS HIMSELF IS THE BINDING THAT HOLDS THE SAGA TOGETHER. WITHOUT DARKSTAR, THE ENTIRE SERIES, THE ENTIRE WORLD OF WESTEROS AS WE KNOW IT CRUMBLES. THE TRIDENT WOULD STOP FLOWING WITHOUT DARKSTAR, THE REACH WOULD BECOME A DESOLATE CRATER, AND THE WALL WOULD MELT WITHOUT HIS FROSTY GAZE.

Blog Entries

I am up for hosting a mafia game between 12-17 people (I think I settle on around 16-17).

[CENTER]KnightTime

Type of game:
    Small mafia game. This will be a indirect sequel to my first KnightTime I game.

Brief Background:

There has been a sudden strange wrap of time in the world, and many famous or semi-famous people have been transported to huge complex (Bascially a Hotel with razor wided laddend fences and guard towers). "The King" who he is called is alive and well and decided to bring all these characters to life or back from the dead. In order to get out, they must spend several nights in his "resort" because the King really likes these particular people and always wanted to meet them. But what they do not is that there are some characters that are more intersted in seeing them dead before they the murderers go back to whence they came. They must fight to stay alive.

This game isn't a fancy game and isn't made to be a "Beat ATPG's best game ever" mafia game. I am just doing this for fun. As long as I fix some last minute stuff, it will be a goofy (storyline wise) but (hopefully) half decent game.

Characters:
    Here are just some of them;

He-Man
    Batman
    Joker
    Spiderman
    Jozef Simonyi
    Croat Hussar
    Hungarian Hussar
    Frederick The Great
    Tom
    Jerry
    Mr.Peanut
    Evil clone of Mr.Peanut
    NutCracker
    Mumma-Ra

Sign-Ups (11):

autolycus
    Amsel
    Mr.Stuka (via PM)
    Secura
    Chaotix
    Double A
    spL1tp3r50naL1ty

Seon
    B_Ray
    robbiecon
    King Jan III Sobieski (via PM)

Members thankful for this post (4):

I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a casual org game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Zack has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Zack was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our MU game together and then Org (both of which saw me find Zack’s eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games of Zack’s. The wolf game on the Org website, the Cogpsy game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Best Flavor 13er, 18er SK, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Zack had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Zack just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Zack was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Zack was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Zack’s iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Zack has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Zack being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

Which looks something like this:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

the complete lack of engagement with my solid, earthy, unagenda'd wallpost in which I expertly asserted my beefy superiority on the game thread indicates we are living in 2 possible worlds:

1) the only people who've seen it are villagers and they truly don't give a shit, shut up zack, we're shiptoasting. okay fair enough.

2) logic is a wolf and wolves are shook and want no part of touching my post and so have elected to ignore it, ipso facto no one is reacting whatsoever to the spurious reads and questionable takes contained elsewhere in the post, even though day 1 of a mafia game is explicitly ripe ground for 10 "well actually..."ers to nitpick the hell out of my carless thin reads

benneh likely a v for specifically drawing attention to it in the way he did in that world fwiw

3) some mixture of the two. (in polite society you always list 3 things after indicating there are only 2 options )

in other news, wisdom making a nothing entrance post then an unexplained ladd wolfread and dipping is noted in italics (i'm not sure why it should be noted, or what to make of it, but it definitely feels like something that should be noted. i have my best people on this.)

the complete lack of engagement with my solid, earthy, unagenda'd wallpost in which I expertly asserted my beefy superiority on the game thread indicates we are living in 2 possible worlds:

1) the only people who've seen it are villagers and they truly don't give a shit, shut up zack, we're shiptoasting. okay fair enough.

2) logic is a wolf and wolves are shook and want no part of touching my post and so have elected to ignore it, ipso facto no one is reacting whatsoever to the spurious reads and questionable takes contained elsewhere in the post, even though day 1 of a mafia game is explicitly ripe ground for 10 "well actually..."ers to nitpick the hell out of my carless thin reads

benneh likely a v for specifically drawing attention to it in the way he did in that world fwiw

3) some mixture of the two. (in polite society you always list 3 things after indicating there are only 2 options )

in other news, wisdom making a nothing entrance post then an unexplained ladd wolfread and dipping is noted in italics (i'm not sure why it should be noted, or what to make of it, but it definitely feels like something that should be noted. i have my best people on this.)
    4) villagers waiting for him to spew their partner (aka waiting for the bus)

5) people think you are a wolf

5) people think you are a wolf
    no that's impossible

smth about hally here.

Member thankful for this post:

Hally 

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Checking in. Will post more when I see more content. I can't tryhard so soon.
    Vote: logic

See you fellas tomorrow

You are correct on me and I had the same very slight feeling about ender.

I personally read Arctic as over-the-top wolfy. It felt more like bait than an actual wolf. Which is why I was not too fond of Murskas vote.
    Not only that it is the combo of entering the thread, voting the person who is "howling", and dipping out.
    While others are more ... playful?

I have no real opinion on logic. mostly because I forgot it happened and only just returned to an upright position.
    After a quick reread I will admit that they are awkward.

As decidedly not one of your best people I am not on the wisdom case. Might ask for cliffs 24 hours from now.

ok we get it zack, you randed villager, now stfu so the people that actually know how to play mafia can shitpost in peace

fr though i did read your post, just couldn’t be assed to type out my thoughts that i’ve since already decided are probably all meaningless and dumb maybe i’ll try to get things moving when i get home if the game is still so slow but no promises

i’d do it now but i’m a wolf with logic and absolutely shat myself when i saw your post and still haven’t recovered

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I personally read Arctic as over-the-top wolfy. It felt more like bait than an actual wolf. Which is why I was not too fond of Murskas vote.
    Not only that it is the combo of entering the thread, voting the person who is "howling", and dipping out.
    While others are more ... playful?
    these were some of the thoughts i had earlier (both the arctic thing and murska thing) so congrats, you get a cookie

not sure why zack said murska was villagery for that post

Uh huh. Are we getting into gameplay now?

I don't believe in 'I was just pretending to be a wolf as bait'. And then what, wolves will vote for you because you're acting suspicious? But also townies will vote for you because you're acting suspicious?

sup

cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Uh huh. Are we getting into gameplay now?

I don't believe in 'I was just pretending to be a wolf as bait'. And then what, wolves will vote for you because you're acting suspicious? But also townies will vote for you because you're acting suspicious?
    i don’t think arctic was intentionally trying to bait people (doubt that’s what jan meant either)

more so that arctic kept making posts one after another that he recognized were all terrible whereas if he was a wolf he might take more care to not come off that way

maybe a dumb read though, ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    these were some of the thoughts i had earlier (both the arctic thing and murska thing) so congrats, you get a cookie

not sure why zack said murska was villagery for that post
    because entering with an immediate vote, refusing to elaborate (while also clearly not a throwaway RVS vote), and leaving is probably more likely to be from a villager imo

the target of his vote didnt factor, it just gave me slight vibes of "he probably legitimately believes this is a good vote"

i can see #84 as either "villager stubbornly insisting someone being weird is wolfy even though it probably doesn't mean anything" or a wolf doing the same thing, they often look similar and murska is an old-school guy from GITP and frankly it wouldn't surprise me at all if he made that post as either alignment.

murska and arctic seems like an unlikely w/w pairing, though. hot take alert.

Hally 

Sure, I'm not saying Arctic is 100% wolf and absolutely needs to die. But how're we better to figure that out without putting in votes and actually threatening people with death so they'll say something under pressure that we can judge? I'm disappointed we have so many people who've entered the thread, several hours of game time and no proper bandwagons on anyone, or even 'random' votes.

I may be getting old, but I've got other hobbies and games I'm spending my time on, I don't really care to post here if I don't have anything to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Talking about Saints and Sinners Martyrs ..

What is everyone's favourite Nicolas Cage movie and why?

Doesn't need to be the best. Best is a kind of boring answer when talking about such a wonderful actor.
    con air

it's lots of fun

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast