Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143
Results 4,261 to 4,282 of 4282

Thread: Tarot Mafia

Default Re: Tarot Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    I can understand not flipping on me there tbf

I think my logic was good but it's also totally a thing to try to lock in and not let yourself be influenced
    nah im only teasing insomnia for the 4 wolf thing, being wrong is whatev

not like dvc wasnt spoiled by then so i couldnt give him shit for that even if i wanted to

This was a game.

I enjoyed it while I was alive.

I hated being stuck in a chat with dolby (after I died) with no power to course correct. (in no way against dolby, just bad timing)

DVC was a treat.

Wp wolves.
    No idea how wisdom survived d3 or d4 or d5. But it happened and was a wonderful trainwreck to marvel at.

la minette pâtissier Member Maple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    This was a game.

I enjoyed it while I was alive.

I hated being stuck in a chat with dolby (after I died) with no power to course correct. (in no way against dolby, just bad timing)

DVC was a treat.

Wp wolves.
    No idea how wisdom survived d3 or d4 or d5. But it happened and was a wonderful trainwreck to marvel at.
    I'll take the L for d5

hugs to the villagers who struggled

hope everyone had fun!

Members thankful for this post (2):

grrMaple 

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb View Post
    still waiting for the token bad entrance d1 wolf I can lazily kill and then get n1'd but honestly that'd be lame as fuck

REAL N1 Results:

Newcomb was killed.
    GOATed seer
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    pick your favorite to find out what type of donut u are

Second, SECOND!

@Gemma please make me a donut

(also gg everybody!)

Gemma 

Wow! g

Quote Originally Posted by Totally not Taffy View Post
    Second, SECOND!

@Gemma please make me a donut

(also gg everybody!)
    taffyyyyyyy im sad u werent in this game!

u are

a glamorous raspberry updo

Phew!

Well played, team ?? Thanks everyone for the game!

Members thankful for this post (2):

<3 not ??

Wp wolves

Thx for hosting visor

Gemma 

Role PMs:

Vanilla Towns:

"
    Montmorency, you are The Lovers.

The Lovers indicate a time of life changing connection and love. Not limited to romantic love, this card encompasses the experience of merging with a larger consciousness through ideas, spirituality or interpersonal love. To reach such heights of meaning and depths of love we have to make choices about where we invest our devotion - otherwise we get trapped on the surface, scattered amongst our options feeling indecisive and unfulfilled.

You are a Villager. Your win condition is: You win when all the threats to the village are eliminated.

Powers: None.

Good luck and thanks for playing!
    "

"
    Gemma, you are The Moon.

The Moon indicates experiences that take place under the light of the moon, or in the subconscious. Dreams, trespasses, insticts, fear, illusion and moments of internal crisis all lie within the realm of The Moon. It reminds us of the tamed and wild aspects of our mind.

You are a Villager. Your win condition is: You win when all the threats to the village are eliminated.

"

"
    Didistetter, you are The Hanged Man.

The Hanged Man embodies trust in the universe. Your trust and faith are being tested. However you know what you believe in, what you are devoted to and your sense of faith will see you through. The cards perspective is unconvential, seeing beyond illusions and mainstream paradigms to creative solutions. Your perspective may be unsettling or aggrravating to some who may persecute you, however you are on the path to ultimate freedom and celebration.

"

"
    grr, you are The Chariot.

The figure in the Chariot has a wand in his hand and a determined look on his face. His is going places and not much is going to get in his way. If he encounters an obstacle, he'll move right past it because he has places to be and things to conquer. There is conquest in the rearview mirror and victory in sight. Triumph is yours!

"

"
    Sunbae, you are The Hierophant.

The Hierophant is the embodiment of ritual, tradition and conformity. He can be interpreted as the need for acceptance from others and to fit in with society. The Hierophant suggests adherence to rules and principles, which could indicate being part of a group. Whether taking the role of mentor or regular group member, the established system of rules is comforting.

"

"
    Theknightsofneeee, you are The Fool.

The Fool is a naïve, optimistic and carefree character. He represents the earliest stages of life or the infancy of a new life phase. The Fool still has challenges yet to come as indicated by the mountains in the background, but he doesn't worry about them. The Fool encourages curiosity and an open mind. There is great potential and opportunity, so the best thing to do is go with your gut.

"

"
    Ladd, you are The Star.

Just as stars can be used for navigation, The Star is the guiding vision or ideal that will always point you in the right direction. The Star is a chance for healing and rejuvenation. Don't get lost in visions of the future however.

"

"
    sheepsaysmeep, you are Justice.

Justice is the representation of fairness and balance. It reminds us that we are always responsible for our actions and that there are consequences for everything. Justice also represents truth, encouraging finding truth through facts and by being thorough. Do not be too hasty to deal out judgement before knowing the full truth.

"

"
    ColonelLubriderm, you are The Hermit.

The Hermit is an elder who embodies wisdom and discretion. Their age gives them distance from the bustling world. The lamp they caarry represents their inner voice, which they honour and explore. The Hermit is an old soul, seeker of inner healing, wisdom and truth,

"

"
    insomnia, you are The Magician.

The Magician makes things happen. He always finds a way to manifest his plans into reality. His ability to envision what he wishes to manifest along with his conviction in manifesting it gives him 360 degree vision, noticing opportunities and resources that others overlook or don't deem themselves worthy of pursuing, He is optimistic and willing to take an unconventional route to manifest his vision; he cares more about putting an idea into action than he does about what others may think of them along the way.

"

Town Power Roles:

"
    Arctic, you are Death.

Death shows a skeleton clad in black armour atop a white horse. Three people beg to be spared by Death but death is inevitable. Death in this instance should not be taken literally as the end of life, it signifies the end of a cycle and the beginning of a new one. It indicates transformation of the individual to a new state of being. Death is a card of liberation and rebirth, growth can be painful but it is always worth it.

Powers: Comeback Vigilante/Tracker - Each night you may target a player and see who they visit that night. If two villagers are eliminated in a row, you will lose this ability and gain a one shot vigilante shot to be used that night.

"

"
    dyachei, you are Wheel of Fortune.

The Wheel of Fortune reminds us that life is always in flux. There are many sumbols on this card, representative of dozens of life cycles we experience. The Wheel of Fortune encoruages optimism and faith that the universe will grant a good outcome. The universe is unpredictable and sometimes chaotic but will take care of us if we are open to it.

Powers: 2 Shot Odd Cowardly Vig - On Odd Nights you may target a player for death. However, if any other players visit this player that night, you will not kill. You have two shots.

"

"
    Jan, you are The Empress.

The Empress represents beauty, nurturing and abundance. She is calm and content with her life. The Empress indicates the need to relax and allow things to happen naturally. The Empress encourages connecting with one's more feminine traits and create beauty. Artistic expression and connecting with nature are representative of the card.

Powers: Jailkeeper - Each night you may target a player and protect them from death and roleblock them. However you cannot target anyone in the game a second time.

"

"
    C0balt, you are The Emperor.

The Emperor, sitting on his throne with a scepter and globe in each hand represents stability, rules and authority. Every sumbol on this card is a representation of strength and power. The Emperor may be old and wise, but he is also strong and stubborn, representing the result of taking firm and deliberate action.

Powers: Death Recall - Each night you may target a player and if they die that night, they will be added to a private chat with you for the day phase. However, you cannot claim this ability before using it otherwise it becomes defunct (hinting at this also counts), and you cannot claim it the day it works either. Failure to do that will result in your imminent death (so will hinting!). You may claim it after that day. You may not target anyone more than once.

"

"
    Maple, you are The World.

The World represents the finality of achieving a goal or outcome and the joy associated with it. However, it also means that a new journey is just begininng, the world (and Wheel of Fortune) will keep ever turning.

Powers: Gravedigger - Each Day Phase you may pick a Minor Arcana card and receive a power associated with it to use that night.

"

"
    Newcomb, you are The Sun.

The Sun is a sumbol of optimism, success and good health. The Sun's illumination clears up confusion, restores to health and dispels danger and resentment.

Powers: Manipulator - Each night you may target a player and either Promote, Reverse or Demote them. Promotion and Demotion add/remove positive/negative elements of roles. Reversing adjusts a players powers depending on their current powers (i.e. a vig could become a doctor, or a roleblocker, as an example). This effects take place after all other actions.

"

Mafia Roles:

"
    Syn, you are Judgement.

The Judgement card indicates significant change. A divine judgement is being made upon actions and growth. Judgement represents forgiveness, release and the celebration of a new life.

You are a Wolf. Your win condition is: You win when you have equal or greater numbers than opposing factions and nothing can prevent your victory.

Powers: Soul Seeker - Each night you may target a dead and alive player, you will get their rolecard.

"

"
    Vanta Black, you are The Tower.

The Tower signifies a time of total destruction. The foundations previously relied upon have been ripped out. However, The Tower offers the opportunity to rebuild with a stronger foundation that can help one to start afresh,

You are a Wolf. Your win condition is: You win when you have equal or greater numbers than opposing factions and nothing can prevent your victory.

Powers: Fortress - The Tower provides backup for any wolf role that falls. It also offers a 1 shot each of Promotion and Demotion. These affect the positive/negative attributes of a role.

"

"
    nebjiamn, you are The High Priestess.

The mysterious High Priestess is the symbol of intuition, the subconscious and spiritual enlightenment. She is a divine feminine rule and is the gatekeeper between the physical and spiritual worlds. The High Priestess encourages us to look inward for answers and use intuition.

Powers: Cabalist - You have a 1 shot Even Cowardly Vigilante shot - you may target a player for death, but if they are visited by anyone else, they will not die. In addition you may also target a player each night and reverse their role (adjusting their role properties - i.e. a vigilante may become a doctor or roleblocker, etc.)

"

"
    Wisdom, you are Strength.

Strength shows a woman subduing a savage lion. Strength obviously represents strength but also calm, patience and efficiency. It indicates a proper use of power, compassion and persuasion to achieve one's goals. Strength is the counter to The Chariot, in that the power of the individual is subtle. It represents quietly influencing others to accomplish one's goals rather than outwardly tackling the challenges.

Powers: Gravedigger - Each Day Phase you may pick a Minor Arcana card and receive a power associated with it to use that night. You know there is a villager with the same role as you.

"

"
    EnderWiggin, you are Temperance.

The angel in the card pours water from a silver cup to a gold cup, combining elements. Temperance allows us to flourish emotionally, creatively and spirtiually, due to having all the elements of our life flowing together in harmonious balance. This principle is represented by the placement of the angel's feet: one on land and the other in water.

Powers: Balance - Each night you may target a player and alternate between roleblocking or jailkeeping.

"

Serial Killer:

"
    Raskolnikov, you are The Devil.

The Devil signifies temptation, addiction and lust. The card shows the Horned Goat of Mendes holding a torch down towards the earth, holding two humans who have grown horns and tails seemingly captive. However, the chains holding them appear loose. The Devil shows that once somebody succumbs to initial temptation, it becomes more difficult over time to free oneself.

You are a Serial Killer. Your win condition is: You win when you have equal or greater numbers than opposing factions and nothing can prevent your victory.

Powers: The Devil comes bearing gifts, you have four powers to play with:
    1. King of Pentacles: You may target a player each night for death.
    2. Queen of Wands: Each night you may choose to add one of the following modifiers to your night action: 1x Investigation Immunity, 1x Ninja.
    3. 5 of Cups: Each night you may choose to add one of the following modifiers to your night action: 1x Strongman, 1x Strongwill (can't be Rbed), 1x RB Kill.
    4. 10 of Swords: If you are targeted for death, you will be given the playerlist split in half. Correctly picking the group of the player who killed you will narrow the list. If you correctly identify the player, they will be roleblocked and killed. If you get the second last grouping, they will be roleblocked. This ability can only activate once. Note that if you do not think you will be around in the two hours prior to day start, please send in your top two picks.

"

Members thankful for this post (3):

Mod Notes:

Once again, thanks all for playing, it was a fun game to watch, and a close one at that.

I would like to highlight a few things:

1. I forgot to tell the wolves that promotion happens at the end of night - this arguably didn't have any impact on the game given the vig went through anyway, but still, was an error on my part that slipped my mind, apologies wolves.

2. I probably should have redesigned the Minor Arcana PRs (Wisdom/Maple), I wanted it to be like the artist role where you draw a PR, but I think this was a little too random. And usage of the Minor Arcana could have been better.

3. I wish I did a little more with promotion/demotion/reversals - they didn't really get to shine (particularly promotion and demotions). Perhaps I should redesigned more of the setup around it.

4. Probably should've given wolves some warning that village roles had conditions on them for better fake claims, obv wasn't necessary in the end, apparently 2 shot firefighter is all you need lol.

Think the game was reasonably balanced, though probably could've taken out the Pentacles vig, but yall wanted KP lol.

Overall, the game was fun to host and I hope the minor things aside that yall had a good time.

Hope to see you in the next org game.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    taffyyyyyyy im sad u werent in this game!

u are

a glamorous raspberry updo

Omg I am fabulous!

Yeah I'm a bit sad I couldn't play, but I went to a great four-day rock festival instead

Gemma 

shoutout to ladd and dolby for subbing in on short notice

real mvps

Gemmagrrladd 

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Mod Notes:

Once again, thanks all for playing, it was a fun game to watch, and a close one at that.

I would like to highlight a few things:

1. I forgot to tell the wolves that promotion happens at the end of night - this arguably didn't have any impact on the game given the vig went through anyway, but still, was an error on my part that slipped my mind, apologies wolves.

2. I probably should have redesigned the Minor Arcana PRs (Wisdom/Maple), I wanted it to be like the artist role where you draw a PR, but I think this was a little too random. And usage of the Minor Arcana could have been better.

3. I wish I did a little more with promotion/demotion/reversals - they didn't really get to shine (particularly promotion and demotions). Perhaps I should redesigned more of the setup around it.

4. Probably should've given wolves some warning that village roles had conditions on them for better fake claims, obv wasn't necessary in the end, apparently 2 shot firefighter is all you need lol.

Think the game was reasonably balanced, though probably could've taken out the Pentacles vig, but yall wanted KP lol.

Overall, the game was fun to host and I hope the minor things aside that yall had a good time.

Hope to see you in the next org game.
    I did, thanks for hosting, role design was really cool!

ggs

Imagine if we had Rask and dya counterclaiming AND Maple and Wisdom counterclaiming. Epic. But I can see now why Ender was so comfortable operating around Maple, since they had a duplicate of that role.

Visor, what was the motivation behind such a strong serial killer? That 10 of Swords was the same "isolator" that Ender gave Vanta, as well? I think a true role madness game with much more (broad-based) access to card mechanics + that SK with a few tweaks would be an interesting followup.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 08-27-2024 at 02:10.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Imagine if we had Rask and dya counterclaiming AND Maple and Wisdom counterclaiming. Epic. But I can see now why Ender was so comfortable operating around Maple, since they had a duplicate of that role.

Visor, what was the motivation behind such a strong serial killer? That 10 of Swords was the same "isolator" that Ender gave Vanta, as well? I think a true role madness game with much more (broad-based) access to card mechanics + that SK with a few tweaks would be an interesting followup.
    I like serial killers to have some protection from death and some way to halt investigatives such that the main way to kill them is usually the elimination or through putting in extra resources at night.

10 of swords was different from what ender gave to vanta (that was an isolate, stops people of alignment of the target targeting them

That said ender had become a joat with accelerate after being reversed, so vantas night action on you was accelerated to happen before your protection

I agree that a role madness game with more card mechanics could be fun, I was tinkering with one for a bit in the past but I generally like games to have vanilla townies

If like to revisit the theming again in the future for sure

Idon't like to criticize hosts because they put in all their time and effort to make something for others enjoyment but it just needs to be said that not making rask flavor the "Fuck this game" MTG mash card was a huge missed oppurtunity that I've lost countless nights of sleep over and im sure im not the only one who feels that way. I personally blame that as the reason for the village downfall because since rask died as not that flavor; this village turned into the happening trying to find ways to one up eachother in how they can get themselves killed.

So shame on you NL, shame!

In other news, i think you can make the tweaks you want to the setup and rerun it as "Uno" flavor

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Very relaxed thread and enjoyable game alltogether.

Tx for hosting Visor
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143