Thread: Turkish Empire

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

in the year 1125 the Turkish armies marched out of their Home Provinces and declared war with the Byzantine Empire. War ended soon after Constinople was taken. Even tho the Byzantines tried to take it back they eventualy accepted its loss. taking over 4 provinces from them was not an easy task as my Troops were weakend. the war with the Byzantines was barely over when the Egyptians Invaded out southern lands. i rushed my best to their defence and a war ensued.

Battle of Tripoli

Turkish Army: 1800
    Egyptian Army: 2000

after their Initial strike on my lands, i decided to counter attack in Tripoli. i was met with an army larger than my own, but i had the better troops. when the two armies collided they fought evenly, after several charges upon their lines the Egyptians routed. when their reinforcments arrived they to were turned back as well. Tripoli fell to my troops.

Battle of Palestine

Turkish army: 1500
    Egyptian army 1300

I knew that if i could secure Palestine then the rest would fall into place. when my army marched into Palestine they fully expected stiff resistance. when the Egyptian army charged our lines we released a barroge of arrow fire to slow them down, our Saharen Infantry met their Urban Militia on the field, there was a steady line of battle. Warriors on both sides fell both to the arrow and the sword.the Egyptian King was killed by an Arrow from a horse archer, when their King was killed the egyptians fled the feild.

After taking Arabia a short time later, the Egyptians fell into Rebelry. a breif peace would settle over the Turkish Empire who had been fighting for 20 years. This peace was shortlived as the spanish (who had defeated the Almos) and had dealt with the rebel provinces of the Egyptians, had now declared war upon us in the year 1158.

1st battle

Turkish Army: 2500
    Spanish Army: 1950

With Both Numbers, Well trained warriors i fully expected to win this battle. Holding on that hill i saw the entire spanish force marching towards us. when our archers opened fire the spanish charged. our right flank held its own against the spearmen and Man at arms of the Spanish. the middle was busy trying to hold against the Knights of Santiogo. the Left flank circled around and charged the spanish who had left there rear open for attack.even with a spearmen charge from the rear the spanish held their own. my forces began to tire as the fighting went on. Reinforcments came in on both sides. The spanish managed to draw me off high ground. shortly after they they charged our lines. My troops paniced and routed.

Much of the same thing was happening all over the south end of the empire. The spanish were defeating us and we couldnt stop them. Everytime i rallied a force that could fight it was smashed in battle.my Kings main force was holding Constinople,it was under attack by Spanish Crusaders. With my Strongest army traped in the West i had no choice but to try to hold the spanish in the south with the forces i had.

Battle of Arabia
    Turkish Army: 2000
    Spanish Army: 2300

I ordered my forces to make a push into our former territory to retake it from Spanish hands. After seeing their army on top of a hill i decided to break my forces into 2 groups. The main Attack Force and The Flanking force. the main attack force launched 2 waves of assualts upon the spanish lines. they held their own quite well, as they fought i ordered the Flanking force to go to the left and rear of the enemy lines. as my forces moved into position the spanish saw them coming, they charged with spearmen, man at arms, and Urban Militia. the enite Flanking force was destroyed before long. the main force ordered reinforcments to make there way onto the battlefield, but as they were my General was cut down by the enemy and my soldiers again ran from the spanish.

just when things couldnt get worse a civil war brok out in the empire. rebels took 4 provinces, i dealt with them (taking 5 years) and soon was back to the war with the spanish. The spanish by this time had taken all(repeat ALL) of the southern Part of the Empire. as i was being forced into a corner i was expecting this to be the end. the Next year Uprisings were all over the Spanish territories.(the ones they took from me), the Loyalists in the provinces couldnt take spanish rule and revolted. half of my lost lands came under my control once again. with new found courage my King left the defence of Constinople to his Son. and went to lead his army in the south. when he arrived he was given complete controle, and launched an attack on the spanish's main force.

Turkish Army: 3000
    Spanish Army: 2900

I put everything i had into this last attack, should i lose here i would have no Millitary forces at all. my king led his troops into battle to face the Invaders that had caused 17 years of war and took most of our lands from us. the king Ordered an all out charge upon the spanish line. in the summer of 1175 the remaining forces of the Turkish empire, cold and hungry charged across the fields of Tripoli. they met the spanish and fought them with honor. in the midst of the chaos the King's Youngest son was killed by the spanish King. the Turkish began to rout, but when reinforcments arrived the rallied behind them and once again marched into the fray. the spanish armies lines were becoming weak as the Warriors of the Turkish fought fearcly, the Turkish King Struck down the Enemy King in rage. the spanish became dishearted and routed from the field.

after the spanish letf that field the Egyptians reapeared in Egypt, Killing the newly crowned Spanish King. without a king to lead them the spanish people fell into rebely. the Warriors of the Turkish Empire returned home. having saved their homelands from two invaders, after 37 years of war the Empire was Greater than it had been before. the Turkish King was reguarded with great respect, as was his Warriors. the year is now 1183 and the turkish Empire has made a full recovery from the two Wars. but now the King looks to the future, and wonders if the Great Warriors that defeated the might of 2 empires, and teken Constinople away from the Byzantines,will be enough to Stop the Mongol Hordes... only time will tell.

bravo bravo
    Another well written saga by Monk his best yet
    Keep us up to date m8ty

War is nothing but the continuation of politics with the admixture of other means. - Karl Von Clausewitz

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Out of curiosity, Monk, how do you write these things? Do you remember all that happened, and just write it into the post, or do you put it in a text document as you go along, and then copy and paste it into the forum?
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

as i go through the SP campaign i write down how many men are in each battle, i save my replays and veiw them later. but its hard to forget most of these things that happens. since right after a great story has unfolded i come here and tell all of you. maybe you should try it, it also helps when you have a good memory like me.

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

very good, very good indeed
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

Thanks for the info, Monk, and for the good story.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

If you would like to know the outcome of this Campaign then look for "The Mongols Apear" it continues the story of the Turks Fight against invaders.

I just read "The Mongols Appear". Well done Monk Pity about your Empire