Thread: foreign princesses

When you marry a foreign princess to one of your guys, as it says "if this faction is eliminated, you may have a claim to their lands", as you know.

Has anybody ever had this happen? I've married lots of princesses and seen lots of factions eliminated in the past six months, but I've never gotten a claim to somebody's lands.

Never happened to me.
    There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Hey, these fine ladies produce heirs for you, so give them cheers

Annie
    AggonyJade of the Brotherhood of Aggony, [FF]ladyAn or [FF]Jade of the Freedom Fighters

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

I want land lol
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

this is defenetly one of the features i miss from STW. It happen atleast a dozen times were my allies king and his sons misteriosly die and i would get his land.

When i first got MTW i tried to do this, but it hasn;t happen in the last 5 month. (hey it's been 5 month, where did the time go, DAMN YOU MTW&#33
    MILLER: I wish we lived in the day where you could challenge a person to a duel.

MILLER: Now, that would be pretty good.

Assassinating them can be fun too.
    e tu Brute

Member Member Mori Gabriel Syme's Avatar

I got land once when a king without heirs was killed in battle by another faction. It may have to do with tracking the particular lineage & possibly the years elapsed since the marriage, but I haven't looked at that so closely.

Legitimate Businessman Member Teutonic Knight's Avatar
    My legitimate mansion bought with legitimate monies.

no experience with that here either, it's a lie a horrible horrible lie

woohoo 200 posts IMA COUNT BABY W000000T

It pretty much depends on if the princess is alive. If to many years have passed, u wont have that claim on their lands anymore.

A Raven in heart, forever

Actualy this feature happened to one over at .com forums
    He gained sardinia and corsica and he only boticed because they were not part of his empire before

War is nothing but the continuation of politics with the admixture of other means. - Karl Von Clausewitz

Correct, that way I got some german province and portugal. I was never notifief about it but all of a sudden these provinces were my color.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Ryttare @ Feb. 06 2003,10:51)]It pretty much depends on if the princess is alive. If to many years have passed, u wont have that claim on their lands anymore.

I always wonder how the game keeps track of them once you marry them off, as they disappear from your 'heirs' scroll. Do they just live for a random number of years or what?

Something that kept track of royal interfamily ties would be useful for an expansion or patch. That way you could know who to favor in whatever wars were raging around you and whether or not you should intervene. Lots of real life wars started for this reason.

Yes, but only in two games so far. Once from the polish, and once from the argonese. had an heir marry their princess soon before they were taken over and their king was lost with no heirs and they still had territory, so they went rebel, then over to me.

It is a rare thing but in reality it should be rare, how often is it that the king and all his heirs are lost while still having territory left?

Most anyone wants to keep their king and heirs safe by retraeting them to their last province if they have to in order to stay alive.

Resaon I was able to get their lands, was because they couldnt retreat to the land that I eventually got.
    Today is a fine day for war.

You live and learn. Or you don't live long.

A generation which ignores history has no past -- and no future.

Well, I just think it should be more prominently featured because I was reading a book on the hundred years war the other day (motivated partly bc of playing MTW), which started in part due to English claims to the French throne bc of royal intermarriage.

Perhaps it could be more integrated into the makeup of other factions civil wars, such as you get land in return for backing a certain side.

"I want land lol"

Reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"What's wrong with Princess Lucky? She's beautiful. She's got great, HUGE . . . tracts of land."
    "But I don't WANT land"
    "Listen lad, we live in a SWAMP We need all the bloody land we can get"

Yours was not at first a criminal nature. At 10 you stole sugar,at 15 you stole money,at 25 you committed arson. At 30,hardened in crime,you became an editor. Worse yet is in store for you. You will be sent to Congress,then to the penitentiary. But,all will be well. You will be hanged.
    -Mark Twain

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Talking

ahahahahhha

Well i never got anything great after chasing those ladies all over the map
    A Gamecenter with a dedicated Total War fanbase!
    Check out our Facebook!
    Email: shahed@outpost.be