Thread: special unit-size for the different clans?

is there a reason to take a special unit-size for the different clans.
    the start-units are allways 60 people, so maby itīs better to take 120-units, if i take a clan with a lot of ronin regions in my back (like oda). otherwise the start with mori should be easier with 60-units, because they have the biggest army at the beginning.

iīm right?

Elias

I say go with 120 size all the time, more fun and big battles!!
    Never understod why people like 60 size in the SP campaign
    Its so nice to see the 1920 vs 1920 armys with even more reinforcements comming in later!!

The armys was hugh in the old Japan Warfare!!
    Not puny as in 60 sized

------------------
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

[This message has been edited by EuroSan (edited 07-30-2001).]
    May the honour be with you all..........EuroSan the reborned spirit of LinkSan

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

Hi Elias: I don't quite get your idea here, because the original army size is not affected by the unit size settings. 120 men is considered to be harder than 60 men generally because:

1) More units needed to be on the battlefield for the later game. This will double the economy burden. (The AI will get it free)

2) In early game, those province bordered by ronins can be garrisoned by only 1 unit. With 120 men unit size there are reduced unit number and hense a smaller number of men is available for the expansion. Slows down the campaign.

---

EuroSan our new daimyo: the reason that we chose 60 men was because we have about one dozen members in the campaign. With 120 men unit size we expand slower and not so many generals will be given a chance to fight simply due to the insufficient number of units available for assigning.

Since we always want to avoid put two generals onto the same battlefield, we will have 120 x 12 = 1440 units "wasted".

hi there! use 60 units for now....then step up for those big battles

------------------
    Hato!!!
    genie of the lands!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Yeah, great, except my computer would most likely die if it tried to animate 4000 men at one time. I would love to try larger battles on a better machine tho'. Ah well.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Large numbers of soldiers is fun. I once occupied a river province with 4000 troops and was invaded with 11000. I lost but not before taking 2500+ of his troops with me. I smile now but at the time I was mad because I lost soon afterward.
    Silence is beautiful

wow what a battle that must have been......

------------------
    Hato!!!
    genie of the lands!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

use 120 for sp it very very fun the big battles. . . .ahhhhhhhhh. . . . .

------------------

Watch out for that. . . . . Dam too late!. . . the story of my life!

WarlordWarrior
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I was quite pleased. I was Takeda and had that rich Hojo rivert province. Uesugi built up and up and up then invaded. I was busy with Mori and had a treaty with Uesugi. My first army was eventually routed. My reserves were mostly WM and ND. When they routed my Shogunial hopes (made up word) were dashed on the jagged teeth of reality.
    Silence is beautiful