Thread: Custom Battle

I've started playing Custom Battles.
    I've been using: valour 0, weapon 0, armour 0.
    Difficulty set to hard.
    Learning alot about the different units and formations, etc.

I was just wondering what settings everyone is using , and what you're learning. Thanks.
    e tu Brute

4 vs 4 90000 Florins, Late Period and random units. Lot's of intense battle and lotsa fun

Arrow

15k per faction involved. Usually one faction per side with random units. More factions w/ random units are just rubbish and mess up the battle, in my opinion.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

late period,
    bridge battle
    defending 1 vs 7
    99999 florins
    all guns 4 vs spearmen
    go for the 8000 kills

Just for a dull day.

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I never play with restricted camera

Member Member Michael the Great's Avatar

DON'T play hard on custom battles if u wanna test some units vs other units,coz the AI gets a +2 morale boost,and the results may not be the 'true' ones
    Io,Mihai-Voda,din mila lui Dumnezeu,domn al Tarii Romanesti,Tarii Ardealului si a toata tara Moldovei.

I play 2 types of custom battles for 2 different purposes.

To prepare myself for every situation I would possibly encounter I choose all parameters of the battle by just rolling a dice I let the computer to randomly choose the units. This has helped me gaining a lot of battlefield experience and has produced some great battles. I'm doing it for a few years now, including Shogun, of course

To learn about various units, unit combinations and the best tactics for them in different situations I play only small battles with one attacker and one deffender with a few units each. This is great for understanding every unit type and it's best use in battle because this way one can focus his attention better than in a huge battle.

I always study the battle report to see how efficiently I used every unit. I see this as a feedback on the tactic I use.
    Voevod

I use custom battles to test out new armies or strategies. Basically I'll give the AI one of my normal armies, on whatever difficulty setting I want, usually Hard or Expert, just so the AI is a bit closer to actual MP play (but not really close), and then test my new army out against one of my old ones. If I see the right results with the units I am focusing on, I'll then use that army in MP.