Thread: Against all odds

In defense of the Crimea, our beleageured armies were outnumbered, 480 to 4850. The Horde quickly destroyed our few horse troops. All we had left were four tattered units of AG and one unit of Brigands, out of arrows. Our heroes stumbled and fought their way into a small town. After much manipulations, our AGs managed to seal all the passages between the buildings. Then, the impossible happened.

The Horde began circling the town, like an Old West movie where the Plains Indians went round and round the covered wagons. They feinted, attacked the weak spots. One unit was down to ten, another had three battered, brave warriors. The Brigands died bravely in a grove outside the town.

Still they circled, arrows clanking off armor, but our warriors held fast, the clock slowly ticking down. They came, shot their arrows, and fell back, to be replaced by more archers on horseback.

The clock reached 12 and the battle was won. The Horde retreated, never to come back to such a place of inglorious defeat. It was a close fight, but we prevailed

What a battle.
    It's a good thing that war is so horrible or we would grow to love it too much.

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

turn the timer off its more fun without it

Turn the timer off? You kidding??? I'd be playing that battle as a career I'm an old bald guy. I ain't got that much time left. LOL

BTW, a brain cramp. They were VG...varangian guards can be some kinda tough.
    It's a good thing that war is so horrible or we would grow to love it too much.

If I played with the timer off, I'd have to do a lot of reloading - because the game would be locked up. Last night, for example, got attacked by the Horde. They had ~2400, I had ~4200. As I was totally scared by the fact I didn't outnumber them by 2:1 or more (lol), I proceeded to fort up, and let my arbs have at 'em. After decimating their horse, they fled. Their reinforcements came and fled. Or tried to. They all got stuck on the edge of the map. I had to turn the speed to 100% and wait 5 mins for the fight to end. If I had the timer off, I'd still be waiting (I couldn't target them because they were "off the map").

Bh