Thread: Chivalric Sergeants vs Saracen Infantry

This has been bugging me for a while... Chivalric Sergeants have exatly the same stats (speed, defense, armor, morale, attack) as Saracen Infantry. However, Chivalric Sergeants are considered to be bad troops for the desert while Saracen infantry are supposedly good in the same conditions (by their description)... How come? Am I missing something while interpreting their stats?
    Kristaps aka Kurlander
    A Livonian Rebel

Your Chivalric Sgt's get very tired on the desert very fast because of their heavy European armor. The heat scolds your metal armored human tanks and makes them boil inside all that chain & plate.

Saracen Infantry uses armor and gear more suited to fighting in the sun and probaply know how to operate in a hot desert, i.e. tying heavy clothing on their heads etc.

Some way into the battle the Saracen Inf. will be more or less fresh, while your Chivalric type will be exhausted... Just for standing in one place The sun bakes their helmeted heads, haha. Exhausted troops get all kinds of penalties so your Chivalric Sgt's will perform bad.

There you have it. There might be a desert suitability stat or whatnot with the flag turned on for Saracen Infantry we don't actually see. They should be similar in effectiveness outside desert.

Yeah, that was what I was wondering: is there a 'desert stamina' stat that we cannot see. The armor rating is EXACTLY the same for chivalric sergeants and saracen infantry. From the posts in this forum, one is led to believe that armor rating is what determines how fast a unit tires in the desert...
    Kristaps aka Kurlander
    A Livonian Rebel

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

well i doubt saracens tire as quickly but they tire fast aswell in deserts

Try doing a custom battle 1 on 1 in a temperate map, and see what happens that should solve it
    Eppur si muove

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Rate of Fatigue while standing still only depends on Armour... So they will tire equally fast.

Remember that the Turcoman Foot are also labeled as desert troopers despite having Armour 3 too...
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!