Thread: Crusade size

*Sorry if this was already posted, i couldn't find it*

what is the biggest Crusade that the game can have (a.k.a that you have seen)

what i mean is lets say i launch a crusade from Scotland, all the way to Egypt. Going threw all of Europe, what is the max number of armies i can pick up.

In my games 2 full armies is the largest i've ever seen. I did it with the French, going from Croatia to Egypt. The Italians controlled all the land in between. I send all my inquisitor infront of my crusade (to bring the zeal level up). After the i passed the first 3 provinces i was at 2 full armies, and that was it, the rest of the way no more troops joint in.
    Is 2 te limit?Or have you seen bigger? Is there a limit?
    MILLER: I wish we lived in the day where you could challenge a person to a duel.

MILLER: Now, that would be pretty good.

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

Dont know the max limit and if there is one but once i added troops myself and it had around 2800 in it..

I had a crusade with my own added units, and units picked up on the march. By the time it reached Constantinople, on the way to Palestine, it had 4 ribbons. I captured Palestine, crusade successful and the crusade broke up into 5 stacks... and ten years later Palestine is still in the hands of the English, although only barely...

Cheers.
    -- Elwe --
    I wish for a multiplayer campaign in Rome: Total War

I don't know if there is a limit. I usually have 3 full stacks in my crusade (48 units or 2880 troops at default unit size).

Hmm...since the crusader get unique units...how come the muslim factions get non for their jihad??

I loaded up an English crusade with hundereds of FMAA and Feudal Sargents and sent it off to Constantinaople.
    When it arrived there were 5100 troops in it (four banners&#33
    Unfortunately it really pissed the Byz off, and after 8 years with successive battles, I lost the province back to them (no support by ship )
    Still, one whopper of a crusade