Thread: Russian Appreciation Thread

Hey all, sorry but i feel the need to say this. Russia is by far and away my favourite faction. First up they get boyars which are one FUN unit. I mean come on horse archers that kick ass in hand to hand and their your royal line unit as well. What more could you want. Ok i admit, they've got nothing else. But really tis cool.
    Also probs one of the real reasons i like them so much, they are hard. I've played them twice now and both of them have been my best games so far (ok one game as the turks was close but still no cigar). General consensus around here seems to be that MTW gets a bit easy after a while, and i tend to agree, i try to limit myself just to make it interseting with alot of other factions, but with the russians it's honestly quite tough to survive. I mean all they got is basically arbs, boyars and halbs. The provinces around them aren't exactly rolling in money, but they are prone to rebel. And then there's the horde....
    I always have fun playing them just cause it's such a challenge. Well sorry but i had to say it, as they seemed to cop a beating in the "favourite faction" poll and i was a wondering if anyone else liked them?
    "If you have an elephant by the hind legs... it's best to let it go"
    Albert Einstein.

Lord of the Kanto Senior Member ToranagaSama's Avatar

If you like Russians and the game is starting to get a bit easy, then you should try the Medieval Mod, by WesW. You'll find a thread about it in the Dungeon.
    In Victory and Defeat there is much honor
    For valor is a gift And those who posses it
    Never know for certain They will have it
    When the next test comes....

The next test is the MedMod 3.14; strive with honor.
    Graphics files and Text files
    Load Graphics 1st, Texts 2nd.

oks thanks dude i'll give it a twirl.
    Albert Einstein.

Arrow

Well, I'm just playing a Russian campaign, and I have to say it's nice. Every strategic move counts. But I do think they get pikemen also, at least I saw the pikemen appearing in the custom game unit selection... In my campaign I haven't had the 8000 to spare to build a fortress so I can't see if it is true. Currently, I have to use my resources to replace lost units while adding some nice provinces in Asia Minor to my property, and to upgrade those newly aquired lands...
    So yes, the Russians are appreciated.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

ahh.. the russians.. im playing them on expert High, doing well enough
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

I love the Russians

My most satisfying campaigns have been as the Russians. Boyars? The best royal unit in the game imho. 40 strong, archery and good melee. With upgrades from Sweden they are just unstoppable.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

ah well good to know i'm not entirely crazy.
    Albert Einstein.

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Russian Limo driver is asked to pick up Yuri Andropov he replies "and drop off vere . Sorry it is late...1:27am

Taking life one day at a time!