Thread: !!!!!!!!

Angry

I'm really angry
    After years and years of nit-picking and struggling my Danish empire is on the Verge of complete victory.only the spanish in a strategically crap position,the isolated sicilians, and the muppet pope defy the Viking highlords...but low and behold..spain declares war and hence exactly all of the latter day soviet blok and including Asia minor rebel because they are out of contact with the King...wahey.I re-load and try to remedy this because i had 30 yrs left and i cudnt have been bloody arse to mop up crappy stupid out of proportion rebelions.to make things worse the Egyptians and turks re-emerged at the same time and the turks had 11 rebels join them and the egyptians had approx 20 armies join them.so i reload and try to guess the year of the spanish attack and guess correctly.i proceed to blow away his entire navy and blast all his attacks back.wahey...i get excommunicated for defending my lands.even if i waited till after the attacks to blow away his navy, i get massive rebellions of Chiv knights, etc alll over the gaff because i get excommed..to make it worse again the turks and egyptians appear and swallow half my hard earned empire...bloody fuckin stupid excommunication...a good idea but seriously bugged.surely the pope could figure out who attacked.screw size o empires blah...i conquered asia minor in his feckin name and then he goes and excomms me...AGH1 stupid muppet
    'Do not ask why kill the infidel.......rather ask.....why not?'

This is why I have never conquered the entire map. As soon as mass rebellions/re-emerging factions pop-up, I declare myself he winner and start a new campaign.

I understand the devs wanting to give you a bit of a challenge after you're mastered the map, but I think it might have been done another way. I'd rather one or two large re-emergences that a whole handful of petty problems. There's little glory to killing rebels.
    - All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Actually: more provinces =>more revolts and overall problems
    is as accurate as it can be. Remember, no big empire survived more than a few centuries.
    Legacy for the airwaves.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

LOL,

Man, I feel sorry for you, but it makes sense. You've got to be able to handle your king getting cut off, or make sure there is no way for it to happen (no ships are allowed into potential choke points.)

These mass rebellions won't happen if you are careful. They don't happen in my games and I play on expert and don't use reloads. You just need to refine your strategic play.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

damn...

i conquered the whole map twice so far... can be annoying
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

one word peasents just build about 500 in every province

hmm that will run up quite a bill

British Army: be the best

At least you had the option to continue. In a recent campaign I really hustled to make Poland supreme on the continent. That rich red color arced from Kiev to Flanders. I was in rebuild mode waiting for Horde to arrive when disaster struck. My king died leaving only an under age heir and a son in law general. OK, I'll go with the general and see what happens. Click. What the . . .
    Instead of red there was a thin crescent of baby blue (Novograds) on all my coastal lands as well as those on my eastern border. And the heart of my painstakingly built Polish empire was ... Blank. Void. Nil. Nada. A black hole of despair that said, in no uncertain terms, game over. I couldn't access the Russian troops even though I could see them all and ther was nothing to see in all my other territories. My saves were in the distant past so
    That's all folks. Damn. Poland is such a tough faction. It looks like some animal sacrifices are in order.
    He moves, you move first.