Thread: Burgundians

I hear people talk about the Burgundian faction being in the game but I have never seen them? Do they appear like the Swiss? Do they just not exist post patch? Are they playable in any mods? I'm just curious about this.

I believe that the Burgundian was not included or deactivated in the final release of MTW.

IIRC, there is at least one mod that reactivated the Burgundian.

Go to the Dungeon and look around or ask the guys there. If you feel like modding, you can ask the modders on how to activate the Burgundian.

Alienated Senior Member Member Red Harvest's Avatar

That's not correct. The Burgundians do appear in "high" period sometimes. I've seen them several times before modding. Not sure what prompts this to happen, but suspect it might require a rebel action or civil war in appropriate province during some time span.
    Rome Total War, it's not a game, it's a do-it-yourself project.

Red Harvest,

Even though I haven't seen the Burgundian appear, but I think you are correct. However, unlike the Swiss, Burgundian don't automatically appear in the Late period. May be, they only appear if there is a rebel or civil war in Burgundy.

I refer to modding as to make the Burgundian appear as the Swiss (minor faction) or place them in the beginning of the Late period.