Thread: Swiss...

I've heard talks about the swiss on these boards... But I have never seen them in any of my campaigns.

So a little help would be appreciated, without modding, how can I get to see the swiss?

and is there any way I can get to play the swiss (starting a civil war with one powerfull general in switzerland?).

thanx

If u start a campaign in late era u will see the swiss
    A Raven in heart, forever

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Play as either england, France, HRE or Italy, and you will see the Swiss.

The era will have to be late....

In a campaign I have just played, the Swiss became quite powerful, I was mopping up some French, as you do, and the Swiss decided to get in on the campaign

The Swiss are the Grey thing in the Middle....
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Interesting, what does this imply for the HRE player in terms of developing Switzerland? On early, I always focus on developing troop building in Switzerland with the long term aim of building those great late period units. But what happens when the Swiss emerge? I guess they may destroy a lot of facilities, unless swiftly crushed. Do they have a fixed date? (A bit cheesy asking this, so may be I should not know.)

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

I have a mod of the Early .txt file that will allow you to play as the Swiss nothing fancy but playable I will send it to you if you like post your answer and e-mail here
    Taking life one day at a time!

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

The Swiss don`t show up if you hold Switzerland and keep the loyalty high. If it`s after 1290 and there`s a rebellion in Switzerland, it may be the Swiss. Saw them for the second time emerge in my recent campaign. It`s the same with the Burgundians.

sword of storms>>> skidgud@yahoo.com

I appreciate it:o)

sword of storms I cant get my swiss to work. It freezes when i want to fight a battle. All i did was allow the swiss to crusade and build gothic units and their king;s unit is royal knights. any suggestions?
    KILL RANDOM PEOPLE AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Send me your early .txt file I will check it out I have a feeling it is crusade related as the Swiss are CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST My Swiss mod runs great I have worked on it for several weeks and tweaked it alot I like the way it runs so far no problems. I would be glad to send you a copy let me know.Also if you added the Gothic units via the early .txt file that is a problem as they are for the HRE and Italians only and specific to CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST so if you put gothic units in the early txt file under the MakeUnit:: it will not work you would have to edit the gothic units in using a tool like LordGnomes UnitBuildProjEditorV.2.0 or change the crusaderbuildprod13 file directly and if you miss one tab it will not work. hope this helps

Taking life one day at a time!

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

The Swiss appeared once on my bother's campaign as the Byzantines. It happened in the mid 1300's. The Burgundians popped up a couple of years later. Swiss use German names and Burgundians use French names.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.