Thread: voodoochild

you said you can create uprisings how?
    The Beholder

Quote Originally posted by thebeholder:
    you said you can create uprisings how?
    The Beholder
    [/QUOTE]

You use your Shinobi's (10 or more ) depending on the current loyalty and army garrison of the enemy province.

--RADAN--
    (The SAMURAI HERO Ashigaru)
    A member of CLAN..what no CLAN??

Shinobi units not only spy and counter spy, but they influence the populations support of their current ruler. Your Shinobi will increase the happiness in your provinces, while your Shinobi will decrease the happiness in a rivals province.

With a large number of Shinobi 10+ you can dramaticly shift the support in a particular rivals province. If that province isn't garrisoned by units or have their own Shinobi there (you wont see them) it is likely the support will fall below 100%. For each % under 100, there is the same percent chance the province will revolt. (ex. 90% loyality = 10% chance for revolt)

The best part of this for me is that, my rival will have to fight troops that I didnt pay for to keep his own province. Let me know if you have any other qurestions. There are other ways to cause revolts (spreading the word of God), but thats for the advance course.

p.s. Please make your payment to VoodooChild

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

I caused uprisings in a province once that the AI had recently captured, he kept putting the revolts down (um, they were ronin, yeah ronin) and his army only got better. So now I only cause revolts when I am sure that the occupying army is slightly less than par.
    Silence is beautiful

When I have watched Imagawa in Shinano (as Uesugi or Hojo) he regularly attacks 'Etchu'(?) and the Ronin retreat. Imagawa then reduces his forces there and there is a rebellion (monk ones - the worst) and Imagawa retreats, and then next turn he does it again!!!! By the time you get there the damn Ronin are huge. The AI can be a pain.
    Thanks for the info on the odds of a rebellion pertaining to the percentage of loyalty. I wondered how they worked that one out.

Running Backwards,

playing this style of campagin requires total dedication to goals and pace typical to a "Shadow War"

yes, the Clan will almost certainly kick the rebels backsides increasing in unit and general honor therefore making them better, but with enough revolts, those forces will slowly wittle away and die. It just takes time... lots of time.

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

One thing to take care is you don't want an oversized revolt. If their size exceeds the red bar then you will face an almost inevitable crash in the next term, when the oversized revolt face the rulder on the battlefield.
    I have found only one solution so far but there should be others. My solution is to invade that province and call off the attack. But you will have to face this HUGE revolt army sooner or later. Last time I got a revolt of 3600 men. Got to end up fighting them myself...

Kick assss!!!!!!that the best way.

------------------
    Hato!!!
    genie of the lands!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Maltz said something like - "when their size exceeds the red bar". What red bar? Have I missed something again?

A..

The bar on the side of every army on the strategy map. It is an indication of the size of that army. And Maltz is right.. when the revolting army exceeds the maximum army size, the game freezes (or maybe crashes on some of you) when it is time the battle is resolved on the next turn. My solution is to withdraw some of my shinobis to get a lesser number of revolting peasants.
    --RADAN--
    (The SAMURAI HERO Ashigaru)
    A member of CLAN..what no CLAN??

another bug then?

------------------
    Hato!!!
    genie of the lands!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Radan,

I believe the size of the revolting troops is based on the number of garrison troops in the province at the time of the revolt.

Many times the AI will leave enough troops in the province to keep the loyality just above 100%. So by removing half of your Shinobi from the province, the AI will remove some of his garrison. Then the next turn move your Shinobi back.... and its revolt time again. The smaller number of troops should keep the revolting armies less than 16 units strong.

This is how I avoid the revolt lock bug.