Thread: Highest unit honor rating

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

I was playing a campaign as Takeda on expert last night.I attacked Oda in Yamato during summer.Our forces were equal in number,but I had 7 archer units to his 1.Most of Oda's forces consisted of Yari Samurai.He pulled me into a nice little trap where I didn't have much time to bring my archers to bear before he was upon my flank,front,and rear.All my melee forces were either YA or YS except my taisho's unit,who were No-Dachi.My only chance was to attack the enemy taisho's unit,YS,with my taisho's brave No-Dachi's.My taisho's unit managed to kill the enemy taisho just before being wiped out,routing the enemy army.There were only 2 ND's left in my taisho's unit,of 60 men, after the slaughter.That 2nd rank taisho,unit honor 1, gained 4 honor for that battle.The logfile shows my taisho with 12 kills and his surviving companion with 5.Total kills were 50 with 58 men lost.Have any of you ever seen that high an honor gain in one battle before?

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.

[This message has been edited by Hosakawa Tito (edited 08-07-2001).]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Member Member Honorable Chihuahua's Avatar

The only time I've seen honor gains like that is when my Daimyo loses all or most of his bodyguards. since he's fighting with a low amount of units, apparently he's more honorable so he rapidly gains honour.

------------------
    You will all bow before the power of the Chihuahua Shogun!!!!!
    Chihuahuas decked out in full samuri armor and weapons is a frightining sight to behold!

Jump from 7 to 10, what about this? yeah, I mean 10, ever reach that?

I think the kills made by the unit in the entire battle are credited to the surviving units.
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

i can tell u one time that my taisho won 6 points of honour... that was very impresive... little hill in the map, i was attacker... then i launched my army to the attack but meanwhile i sended my taisho and a YS unit to the rear of the enemy the enemy launched a hidden HV over my TAISHO but the taked them easily... bu before i let my taisho in WEDGE formation an ATTACK at WILL button waas ON... HE went always behind each enemy unit... only the ND unit of my taisho slaughteres about 108 enemies and it was a 60 unit too... it was so impresive that when the battle ended he was totally tired but with all the armor full of blood!!!
    THAT IS A WARLORD!!!

------------------
    "It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it!"
    It's better to let the enemy alive as to kill it ... To TORTURE it

a jump of 3 honour for a w/m unit in one battle, never seen 4 or more in any battle at any level.

------------------
    website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.
    website for CO-OP SP Campaign is : http://www.totalwar.org/maltz/SP_Campaign/.

I once had Takeda Shingen as monk taisho... After his first battle all 59 comrades had died.. He was a one man monk unit , h10.. Kinda cool to move your taisho over the field as a single man. Though it is frustrating when the enemy aims it's missile fire at you. Open formation works wonders though

I don't know the highest single jump in number I've made in one battle, but at one point in a Shimazu campaign I had a daisho (not daimyo or an heir) with a 10 honor. His names escapes me at the moment but I wrote it down somwhere. He was defending a fortress and I remember at one point there were only two defenders and about 100 attackers. I laughed when I saw that my two defenders took out about 30 attackers, and I still had the daisho left! The following season, I thought "Well, this is it, let's see if he takes anyone with him". Sure enough, he actually SURVIVED an assault all by himself by over 70 troops, taking out about 20. I realize this was all the Computer's autocalc... but still! I thought this guy was a damn legend! By the time he finally died his honor was 10 (may have been higher in the final battle, didn't see).

I got Takeda Shingen to rank 8 with 132 wins, but he only got to honour 8

it should be noted that the unit that kills the enemy general receives a point of honor for that battle.

Voo yes u get a bonus point for this
    which has helped in the great jump in honour.

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword