Thread: Good, Bad and Ugly General

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Thumbs up

Normally I only worry about stats that enhance provinces or morale not valour. However two big events lately have shifted my focus somewhat.

First I had a bribed general who was Sybrite... -2 valour so I ended up fielding a guy with -1 valour... doh

Later playing Almos on Expert my prince with 7 stars and a few virtues goes to war.

Most of the troops look pretty decent (mainly AUMs plus extras), my Ghulam bodyguard weighs in at 15 valour.

It was a very nice surprise (first 3 virtues all add +2 valour) to say the least... so apart from avoiding catapults and suicide rushes at spearmen in the center, this guy can charge around where I like (well with 34 morale he can be a tad impetous).

Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Yep super high valour can make units almost invincible. great fun breaking unit after unit with the same elite unit. I had a prince as the Turks who led his unit by itselft against over 200 Byzantines and kicked their ass and he only had 10-12 valour.
    Proud member of the Ravens

I have an X-Box, it's where I keep all my x-girlfriends