Thread: Be the talk of the town...do you have the expansion?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Well...do you? If so, post below and tell us about it!

It should be coming to me in the mail soon.

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 08-08-2001).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

Senior Member Senior Member NinjaKilla's Avatar

Cos I've been away for a bit (and I'm lazy) could someone just give me a quick 411 on the x-pack?

What are the final release dates?
    How will peeps with X-pack play peeps without (while us Brits are waiting)?
    Where is everyone - I just logged on and there were 15 people in the lobby!?!

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

NK,I believe the release date for you and the European's is August 17.The release date for North America is August 7.I don't know about the Aussies and the rest of the community.Some of us North Americans should have the game in their hands today.I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and won't see it till tomorrow.Hopefully someone will be able to give us a quick review later today,if they can tear themselves away from the game for a few minutes
    I just checked my order and it appears to be delayed a day.Estimated day it is to be in my hands is now August 10.Oh well what's another day,if that's the worst news I get today then I'll be doing okay.

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.

[This message has been edited by Hosakawa Tito (edited 08-08-2001).]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Although I had mine preordered as well, I still called in many of the local stores to see if they had in the warlord edition in. They said that it released on the 7th and should be in stores by the 8th. Mine I probably won't recieve until the 9th. So I patiently await the day ...

Me too

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

Just brought it home from EB. I bought the whole game, so EA should be happy Graphics are much improved from the original, or at least they seem to be. Haven't played it much yet, tried a Custom battle with Mongol units (I was Mongols) and won

The ability to buy armor and weapons upgrades will take some getting used to, need to test out how effective they can be I guess. I can see alot of time being spent in the Custom battle mode until we can figure all this stuff out.

I noticed in the again paper thin manual (man that burnes my butt to think we'll have to wait for a new "European manual" ) that depleted units can be combined, with the excess remaining units staying in their original unit while the topped-up unit is full strength. I hope this is true as I think we all would like to stop doing the addition when we combine units LOL

Got to go for now:thunderstorm from hell here

[This message has been edited by The Black Ship (edited 08-08-2001).]
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant

Cool, sorry about the crap manual, keep us updated Black ship.

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

*scowls*

------------------
    Oderint dum metuant
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Thanks Black Ship.I've noticed that some others have said they had to upgrade their video cards to 32mb.What are you running it with?

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Senior Member Senior Member The Black Ship's Avatar

I already have a 32mb vid card so I can't say for sure.

Have noticed the AI is way more aggressive , even in Normal setting. Just had a battle where I killed the great Lord Hojo, only to fall prey to his archers myself...LOL. Two daimyo dead in one battle, that's a first for me

There are so many threads concerning who has and hasn't picked up the new game I think I'll let those with for time than me expound on it.
    All we are saying....is give peas a chance - Jolly Green Giant