Thread: Arquebusiers can fire while it\'s snowing

Discovered this by accident. According to the manual musketeers can fire in rain and snow, but not arquebusiers. According to the readme file, which supposedly corrects the manual, neither can fire in rain or snow. Apparently, somebody made a mistake and switched the two, that's what happened. I haven't yet tested arquebusiers in the rain, however.

Greetings,
    Have you been able to do this continously? The reason I ask is that my gun units are able to fire during battles when it is snowing and even raining but only when the rain or snow lets down.

-J

The snow was actually falling while the arquebusiers were firing. It wasn't a heavy snow, but it wasn't one of those times when the snow comes and goes. It was continuous. I haven't tested it in the rain yet -- the summer rains are supposed to be thick on the east coast but so far I haven't had a chance to attack in the rain.

Seems to me that both units can fire in the snow but not in heavy or moderate rain. Their effect is considerably less in light rain. Arquebusiers are appauling anyway, musketeers will get hundreds of kills in right conditions, arqu's never get more than about 10.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Sengoku:
    Seems to me that both units can fire in the snow but not in heavy or moderate rain. Their effect is considerably less in light rain. Arquebusiers are appauling anyway, musketeers will get hundreds of kills in right conditions, arqu's never get more than about 10.[/QUOTE]

Little known fact: arquebusiers in wedgie formation can fire volleys in 3 directions at once!

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

isnt it also true that h9 units can attack and defend in all directions?

K.

Vanya

Is this ability unique to the arqu's or can it be employed by musketeers, if so it may be worth trying.

-------------------------

"Those who cling to life die, and those who defy death live." Uesugi Kenshin

All very interesting. I guess it's time for some more experimentation.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Sengoku:
    Vanya

Is this ability unique to the arqu's or can it be employed by musketeers, if so it may be worth trying.

[/QUOTE]

Me thinks muskies can do it too, but I wouldn't know, since I usually stick to my usual suspects... the mighty and ubiquitous arquebusier.

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

let me know what ya find out imm!!!!!

------------------
    Hato!!!
    genie of the lands!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

California, Sacramento U.S. --*Originally from: South America Lima, Peru

Well when i had the gun firing deals. I first had to upgrade them before it fired in the snow, rain................

------------------
    If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
    If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.

Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Teppo can always fire while light snow is falling.

They will not fire if any volume of rain is falling at all. Since rain can come and go during battle they will shoot between showers if precipitation completely stops.

That's the long and the short of it. Or perhaps the wet and the dry of it.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Whenever I use guns in campaign mode they just take up space. They may fire only one volly before they get chopped up! Force me to prefer archers.
    Silence is beautiful

Hatamotokill:

Don't have time to experiment at the moment, but one of the guys here wrote that in light snow they can fire but not in rain, he's probably right. It's a mistake in the programming, really.

yeah in rain they dont work.
    little known fact: In snow they dont work either, the cheeky little blighters are throwing snowballs!

------------------
    PUUUUSSSSSIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE POOOOWWWWWEEEEEERRRRRRRR!!!

Member Member KumaRatta Yamamoto's Avatar

Running backwards, i also prefer archers in SP but i do sometimes mix archers with some guns with some success.

I group one arch unit with one gun, the gun unit always in front. The Arrows get the kills while the guns affects the morale.

Frequently the AI units charging against the combination of Archs and guns, just turns around and flees before hitting even hitting my line.

And don't forget the gun "bug" works in SP also
    KumaRatta Yamamoto Sonkei soshite yuki Ratta Ichizoku. Come and visit us : www.rattaclan.homestead.com

People, I was wrong -- it turns out BOTH musketeers and arquebusiers can fire in very light snow (that guy up there was right). The previous time that the computer's arqs fired and my musks did not -- that may have been because I was watching them at different times. In light snow there are episodes of slightly stronger snow.

If you play many games in many different types of weather, you'll notice that at times, even in heavy rain or snow, that the weather effects will lessen to such an extent that guns will fire. Not regularly or as often as in patchy weather, but it happens.