Thread: warlords in my hands... muahahahahahahaha!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i just went out to the mall with my friend, and after looking at clothes and buying 2 new cds (Less than Jake and Linkin Park), i went to the Gamestop store (formerly Babbages) and i looked at some cool console games, but then i remembered the u.s. release date of the x pack. I went and found it, but they didn't have JUST the expansion, it was the whole game also. So, now i have 3 copies of shogun total war. 3 serial numbers.
    The claustrophobic mime in an imaginary box is a master of the microwave.

Be sure to post your thoughts for us poor Europeans!

KENSAIS RULE!!!!! god guys, i just had my first game, in custom mode of course, and it was really cool. since i gave the opposer an awesome army (ALL nodachi and 4 yari sams) i was out matched, but i wanted to have fun, so i got all ninjas and 4 kensais, one being my general. Anyway, i was getting used to the ninjas working, and as far as i can tell, you can get them all to attack one single person in a unit. im not sure though, so correct me if im not. well all my ninjas got the crap beat out of them pretty quickly. so i had my 4 kensais left. just 4 guys against like 500+ no dachi and yaris. I lasted for 5 freakin minutes more before i died finally!!! i killed his freakin general also!!!! my general kensai got 46 kills, and the rest of them got into the twenties. it was awesome. the maps have been altered a little, by the addition of little patches of tall grass that also act as cover. The most useful feature is that now, you not only can buy higher honour for your troops, you can get higher weapon skill and armor! so i obviously souped up the nodachi with the highest attack and armor possible, making up for their previous deficiencies. And the ninjas come in packs of 12, so its not just single ninjas roaming the level. unless 11 of them die. well, i haven't tried anything else yet, but i can tell you, it was awesome. the game loads much quicker now also. you guys also have to see the opening video! it is soooooooooooooooo cool!!! its not cg as far as i can tell. One thing i noticed about kensais also is that they look like nodachis, but they are 2 TIMES THE SIZE!!!! i wonder if anyone is playing this online yet. ill have to check in a minute.

Senior Member Senior Member Ratta Yamamoto's Avatar

Oh, man!!!!!!! I am so jealous!!!! It's supposes to be out in Thailand since 2 days ago but it's been delayed!!!!! Anyway, for those of you who's got it, have fun guys. I hope to be joining you soon
    Every samurai heart is their sword, to lose their sword is to die.

I've got the Thai version!, loaded on top of the US version of the original game. So I've got Thai script on the map and Kublai Khan talking in German! Oh well...

The intro movie is one of the famous scenes from the film 'Ran'.

I'm so mad, I had mine prereserved on ea.com and its still processing. Not even shipped yet

Quote Originally posted by DarthGuru:
    I'm so mad, I had mine prereserved on ea.com and its still processing. Not even shipped yet [/QUOTE]

Did you call EA customer service? I just got my confirmation email today, but I called them yesterday and their internal notes showed it as shipped on Tuesday.....

Edit: Ick, I just checked the tracking and UPS says it has no record of that number. I've had that happen to me before, no tracking that is, and received the package on time, but paranoia is striking now. :lol

[This message has been edited by Algesan (edited 08-09-2001).]

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

That's my exact same situation, Algesan! I've got the shipping e-mail today, and EA tracking has no knowledge of my package!

EDIT: I didn't call the phone number like you, but perhaps it's the same

[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 08-09-2001).]
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

shiro, what are you thinking??? theres no time to wait for silly packages!!! youre in the US of A where we get our games earlier! Now run down to the nearest game store (software etc., etc.) and BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!

Algesan and Shiro, ditto for me on the untrackable UPS number.
    Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Member Member Honorable Chihuahua's Avatar

I got the e-mail notifocation, but as with the rest of you, no luck with the tracking number.

------------------
    You will all bow before the power of the Chihuahua Shogun!!!!!
    Chihuahuas decked out in full samuri armor and weapons is a frightining sight to behold!

My tracking number is actually tracking now. The Mongols are somewhere in Kentucky heading east.

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

kentucky ay? boy, er youse in fer a serprize. tell em, elmo. that ups driver is dancin sideways now. nice boxes these. if yer wants yer bloody game yer gonna haves to come get em yerselfs. aint that right, klem?, er elmo? and bring sum chikins or hawgs cuz we don want non of that there papper stuf. aint that right jeb..er, elmo? yu boys evr see that there movie with tha duelin banjos...come on down. wese a waitin.

K. ;)

------------------
    I'm sorry, but i never apologize.

NO self respecting redneck would EVER use "youse" in a sentence. Puhlease.
    Y'all, sure. You'ns, if y'all are from the right part of the country, of course. But YOUSE? Where are you from, South Jersey?

------------------
    ]I ) \ / ]| [
    ]I \..I .]|_/

]I ) ]L\ ~][~~][~ ]L\
    ]I \ ]| \..][ ... ][...]| \
    [img]https://www.huscarl.com/Friends/DonglAis.jpg

]I ) \ / ]| [
    ]I \..I .]|_/

]I ) ]L\ ~][~~][~ ]L\
    ]I \ ]| \..][ ... ][...]| \

Quote Originally posted by [Won-Ton] Atlus:
    i went to the Gamestop store (formerly Babbages) and i looked at some cool console games, but then i remembered the u.s. release date of the x pack. I went and found it, but they didn't have JUST the expansion, it was the whole game also. So, now i have 3 copies of shogun total war. 3 serial numbers.[/QUOTE]I'm sure u can sell it on!
    man i'm so jealous

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

Senior Member Senior Member Shiro's Avatar

Won-Ton-Sorry about not having the game. The difference of $40 vs. $20 was big to me. The game is in New Jersey right now, so I'm looking to see it tomorrow night (10 hours or so from now).
    "Everything Shiro said sounds good to me."
    -Solypsist
    "Catiline is the one with the black rag and Shiro is erm...the other one..."
    -Tosa

do u know how long it takes ups to deliver the xpack if it's transitting

It is shipped UPS two day express service.

money shmuney, who needs to save $20??? now thats 10 more hours without the game!!!

Mine is tracking now. If I get lucky, I get it before 11AM, if not, I get it around 6PM.

It looks like a UPS error with an assist from EA. EA did ship on the 7th, but too late for UPS Blue 2 day delivery. This is what Blue is guaranteed for, the little winky-wink on the EA store site about "UPS Blue 2-3 day delivery" is to cover their arse when they do ship late.