Thread: Skip XPack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I and the clan I joined also decided to skip the Xpack unless there is a MPC patch released in the near future which will not happen according to dev team's statement here.

I hope they release a multiplayer patch too

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Well, Your decision of course.

But if the X-Pack is as successful as I expect you're gonna have a hard time finding players online to play S:TW with.

And the MPC? Well, there is a small chance we'll see an add-on patch, but I am not counting on one. From what I know they'd probably need a couple of proggers on it full time for about 3 months before that works, and their project managers simply won't accept that.

First MPC I expect will be for Crusaders. Unless they come up with a major surprise.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Quote Originally posted by Erado San:
    Well, Your decision of course.

But if the X-Pack is as successful as I expect you're gonna have a hard time finding players online to play S:TW with.

And the MPC? Well, there is a small chance we'll see an add-on patch, but I am not counting on one. From what I know they'd probably need a couple of proggers on it full time for about 3 months before that works, and their project managers simply won't accept that.

First MPC I expect will be for Crusaders. Unless they come up with a major surprise.
    [/QUOTE]

I'm still betting they will produce one and that the problem now is the strategic/tactical interface. After all, CTW will be using the same engine as STW, so if they fix it in one, it should be doable in the other.