Thread: Retraining units.

I see this option on all units, and a cost on the damaged units. How exactly do I go about retraining the damaged units and where?

I didn't find anything in the documentation that covered this (Granted I skimmed it a bit, it's somewhat confusing with all the historical information mixed in with the gameplay technical information).

Thanks in advance.

ahh
    this is amongol question and not an original stw question
    hence the need to retain 2 forums
    i noticed this but never really paid much attention as i wanted to play the mongols not the sengoku campiagn but i think its to do with armour and weapon upgrades and dojos, stuff like that. so that older units may get these `bonuses`
    ill go play now and come back in afew hours and ill let ya know what i find

Yoko

I don't think it's about the armor or weapons because only damaged units display a retraining cost. Everyone just says No Retraining Needed.
    Hrm.

You can now drag units from the preview panel ( the thing that displays what units are in an army when you select it ) to the training parchment. This sets them up for retraining and takes them out of the game for the time they're in retraining.

So:

1) Select a region
    2) Open the training parchment.
    3) Click on the army you want to retrain (the army must be in the same region you've just selected.
    4) Drag and drop the unit you want to retrain from the preview panel to the training parchment.

That's it. They reappear on the map as new units would, fully replenished up to the max together with any modifications ( armour, weapons, dicipline, etc ) the region has to offer. I also vaguely remember that if the general is rubbish ( less than 0 honour ) he gets replaced with a 0 honour bloke.
    "i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up."
    MagyarKhans Cham

i see.

------------------
    Hato!!!
    Knight Owltwwooo!!!
    Shoko Emperor
    Die by the Sword

I should point out that you can drag the retraining units back from the training panel onto the map, in case you change your mind.

I should also point out that they don't reappear if the region is invaded, and you don't get the change to call them out of the dojos before the battle begins.

I should even further point out that if you lose the region, the units that were retraining get slaughtered by the invading force. To a man.

So be careful
    "i even suspect Target is coming here to hype things up."
    MagyarKhans Cham

I am assuming they need a training facility, so this would be cool. Instead of the depot armies in the rear of busted just over half strength armies waiting for a big fight so they can recombine or being used as fillers, they can be refitted. I do guess you might lose honor as they are refitted with men of the base honor of the province. Hmmmm, do special provincial honor bonuses apply to the replacements (i.e. +1 honor Archers in Totomi)?

That could be interesting in a bonus province with legendary dojo, adding base honor 4 men to a unit......

So *that's* how you do it!

Hmm... a way to get rid of those dishonored generals... This whole retrain/refit feature has mad potential...

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."