Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Statement Judge for urself

dear friends

our community faces many hardships, while the org moderators are clearly overreacting I want to ask them to allow me to post this url....
    http://home.cable4u.nl/~paszl-p2/wolves-teragate.htm
    Plzs dont post any comments here....post in the Chill-out forums..........

Thnxs u.........

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

I like the little photoshopped picture.
    This is a fan site, not a battleground, and it will not be used as a place for antagonism.
    The matter that originated in the Clans forum is over, and so no further discussion will be tolerated on any of the forums I moderate since it is neither constructive or productive.

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

And I'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids.
    Lol.
    That's it.

Senior Member Senior Member Krasturak's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by solypsist:
    ...I like the little photoshopped picture...[/QUOTE]

If you are impartial judges, DO NOT include your opinions on the matter.

If you are not impartial judges, you have no right to obstrcut those who wish to discuss it.

Get it?

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

So... the picture is rigged, but since that is not part of your version of the truth, when we say that we are not impartial?
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

well actually a mod told us to use off-topic to discuss this issue soly so maybe ask him about it?

and erado san mods r supposed to be impartial but ive noticed a few gettin involved
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Quote Originally posted by Erado San:
    ... the picture is rigged...[/QUOTE]

Please allow Krast to explain:

You are deleting posts and banning members for discussing this, but you are presenting your own opinions without regard to the policy of non-discussion that is apparently motivating your treatment of .Org members.

If you do not understand why this is offensive to Krast, please take a course in ethics. At a decent college.

Krast's author would say more, but probably a more detailed statement would result in having this post edited out of recognition, creating the impression among readers that Krast's post is hostile when in fact it is an attempt to be constructive.

Email Krast if you do not understand, and Krast will explain: RageKrast@hotmail.com.

Senior Member Senior Member qwertyuiop's Avatar

I feel like I am passing through a third world forum all the sudden. Surely, there must be a better way to resolve this.

...no shoot, me American

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

there is (aside from banning and deleting) and the solution is to move this thread (the only currently existing thread on the subject) to the Focus Forum, where it will be out of the way and users can discuss the matter.

were allowed to talk at last now maybe we could unban a few ppl for them to talk here otherwise it is a somewhat one sided argument
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

and how about monsta continied suggestions for a cross forum announcement telling ppl they're passwords can be seen by other ppl so keep different passwords seperate...

peace, love, and harmoni..

dudes play some MTW, grab a coke, and chill out.. hey this is online, nothing to freak about..

btw. where can I find that farewell speech by Tera?

[This message has been edited by Sjakihata Akechi (edited 10-20-2002).]
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

Yes I agree with Sjakihata
    O-cha o nomimasho. :O)

OUT OF CHARACTER//

I was so angry about this yesterday I couild hardly speak.

I'd really like to hear your explanation for this double-standard, 'we-can-talk-but-you-can't-you're-banned' attitude.

If we don't pull together and deal with this issue, it will linger here like a hidden disease and spread mistrust.

It's bad tactics, too -- you're rewarding the people who want to hurt the .Org.

and guess who is helping spreading it.. YOU !
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

actually ull find krast was complaining about the unfair banning policy which i the spreading disease he refers too

Quote Originally posted by Sjakihata Akechi:
    and guess who is helping spreading it.. YOU ![/QUOTE]

I think your opinion is based on incorrect assumptions.

Since my posts were deleted, you couldn't have read them; hence your opinions are not based on my own statements.

This is why I'm angry with the staff here. I have lots to say on the subject of the disaster and how the staff reacted to it, but they have censored my self-expression and this invites speculation about my intentions.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Well I can only delete threads in MTW which I do so with a passion... so much so other mods ask 'Where did that funny thread go?'; Quote Originally posted by Cheetah:
    I know this is not the biggest problem as yet, but still: yet another funny thread has disappeared ... and yes, it was fresh

check this out: http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/Forum7/HTML/002792.html
    [/QUOTE]

But I stand by the deletion policy. I do think ALL topics on this in the general forums should have been deleted/moved here once we got to the banning/leaving stage.

Now to see the level of misunderstanding that is happening in the general overheated atmosphere of the forum; look at this thread http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001910-4.html this is because people thought that Cheetah was spamming when he put PAF (Pre-Archive Forum for those who still havn't figured it out... took me awhile myself).

I have already voiced my opinion why the bans are in place. It is a cooling off period. Now its just like when a bunch of kids have a fight, a few of them get sent to their room just because the others did as well. I am sure if I started name calling at specific individuals I would be banned as well.

Now one of the contributing factors to all this tension in the forums in general is waiting for a patch... not a very good reason for adults. A general lack of respect with people calling each other morons etc http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/Forum7/HTML/002928.html. And a continuing slide from the polite reasoned samurai forum to a Machivallian backstabbing rudeness as a general theme.

I am saying these are contributing factors to a general degeneration of the entire forums that I have observed in sharp contrast since a two month hiatus in regular reading of the MTW forums in particular.

Anyhow must shower and shave got a job interview.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

on the subject of banning

qoute from rath

'macmonsta we let the topics stay open for days. D-a-y-s!. it's not like we just started closing them as soon as they came up. There was nothing new said in any of the topics that were closed, just peeps wanting to drag it on.'

but soly opened a new topic on the subject of tera called 'now it all makes sense' was he banned for dragging this issue on ?

also this was in clan forums as u told us the wrong place to post...

[This message has been edited by LittleGrizzly (edited 10-20-2002).]

I've lurked around this place off and on for a couple of years, and I can only say, as a disinterested observer, "What are you folks DRINKING!!"

I know I won't get too many "hear, hear"'s for saying so, but it looks to me like a number of the people involved, on every side, have taken this forum way too much to heart. I know how it feels to have a forum where you can discuss the stuff you like to talk about, I have several I've belonged to for years and years. But this very same problem is cropping up in all of them, and I just have to wonder what is going on to make it this way. Is it in the water?

It looks like a lot of noise and clangor "signifying nothing" from my standpoint. I would bring back the banished, unlock threads, let peeps be peeps and just sweep up the obvious "doo doo" when necessary. Enforce the rule of off-topic posts in the off-topic forum (which means moving, not deleting posts, mind you) and you'll see most of the noise will get overwhelmed by the copious amounts of signal this place generates.

Feel free to ignore me now. Please go on with your meals.

Senior Member Senior Member Sir Kuma of The Org's Avatar

What ANOTHER crisis?

The mods are not impartial? Rushing in to defend their own (Tera)? I sure hope so, i would have been disappointed if otherwise...I think the reaction is quite normal, no evil plot there, no X file paranoia needed.

The staff was slow to react, not seeing the destructive potential? Yeah quite possible, i remember once not too long ago when i was slow to react. Now look where i am Just keep in mind that no staff members get paid, so they are not checking 24 on 24 and sometimes you just don't feel like playing the police man, to deal with the nonsense (Incidently, the money goes to the owner Dan Sama).

You know a lot of good people refused to become staff members in my shooting star tenure, because they didn't want to deal with all this BS.

Like clearly stated when you join , each one of you is responsible for what you write. So don't blame it on others or some RPG lame excuse. Like clearly stated when you join, this site can not tolerate mud slinging and they may take any mesure they see fit in order to keep the org friendly and open to the greater community.

You have all agreed to these terms, live with them or just ship out, quite simple.

Furthermore, i would like to point out that you use your site as you wish, getting out your point of vue on a situation. So why would you expect it to be different on an another site, like the Org.

We we're all blessed with Anssi Sama's patience, dedication to duty and honour. He drifted away before his time was up because the forum admins job justs burns you up.

Now you are blessed with Tosa Sama (sorry Tosa but i had to use the word Sama because it applies) who has the same dedication to duty and honor as Anssi Sama but less patience.

I am glad that he has less patience, this way there is a chance that he won't burn out and maybe he will serve a long tenure.

I would rather that he banned all your sorry Asses into Org oblivion than keep seeing crisis, over crisis and people leaving. It's a simple question... Is it worth it to let so and so post at the Org? Does he bring something constructive or just costs us energy? If it's not worth it, kick them out. When someone time and time again disregards the collective rules that was agreed on, what's the point?

It's a loose , loose situation. You let them be, then you have people starting disrespecting the rules or worse a category of special people who are above the rules. Enforce the rules and then you become, the vilain, the communist who think he is the king Got to take the lesser evil...

This is a private forum after all. Shape up or ship out. Staff members here don't owe anyone anything.

Private matters that do not concern the Org's mandate, should be treated elsewhere. Let them work it out themselves...

AHHHHHHHH, i feel better now

------------------
    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
    What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

I'm sorry Sir Kuma, but I'm not buying what yer selling. It looks to me like yer just as invested in this weird thing you all have going on here as anyone else.

Enforcing previously posted rules is not a "lose". How can that be so? If people are gonna squawk about it, let them, but you know you did the right thing, so it's a win. It has always been the only way to go. I haven't paid close attention, but if the fact is you all stopped enforcing the rules so you could get into the fight and earn some honor, well, save it fer the game! If the fact is you enforced the rules fairly and evenhandedly, then you win. It is as cut and dried as that.

This pennyante crying has nothing to do with me and I will just ignore it, and wouldn't even have commented on it if it hadn't spilled over into my life too. All I know is I have started one thread around these parts and that one got zapped. I didn't see what got into the thing, so I have no idea what that was all about. I do know it had a useful link in it that I wish I had access to now. My opinion is that the zapping of that thread was heavy-handed. If someone in the thread got out of hand, delete that post. If the thread is off topic, move it to OT. Zapping the whole thing, wha?

Dang I wish I still had that address, because my browser seems to have been invaded by some whacko from over at .com, and I have no idea what to do.

P.S. Some of you guys have jobs waiting for you in the Soap Opera writing industry, if yer interested.

So what is all this about ?

------------------
    PSYCHO HOJO / PSYCHO SO
    PSYCHO V

PROUD SUPPORTER OF 'EUROPA BARBARORUM'

Quote Originally posted by Papewaio:
    I have already voiced my opinion why the bans are in place. It is a cooling off period. Now its just like when a bunch of kids have a fight, a few of them get sent to their room just because the others did as well. I am sure if I started name calling at specific individuals I would be banned as well.[/QUOTE]

But the bans weren't applied for this reason, were they?

You didn't apply the bans. And no explanation for the bans was given.

It appears the bans were applied to those who did not agree with the admin's opinion on the subject, and that's that.

There were other cases of name calling that weren't banned, and so on ... the only common criteria were the opinions the people had of Tera's guilt.

It's even more insulting to see the staff blow off the issue so lightly.

The banning and censorship did more damage than the discussions, rewarding those who enjoy seeing our community injured.

Quote Originally posted by Krasturak:
    But the bans weren't applied for this reason, were they?

You didn't apply the bans. And no explanation for the bans was given.

It appears the bans were applied to those who did not agree with the admin's opinion on the subject, and that's that.

There were other cases of name calling that weren't banned, and so on ... the only common criteria were the opinions the people had of Tera's guilt.

It's even more insulting to see the staff blow off the issue so lightly.

The banning and censorship did more damage than the discussions, rewarding those who enjoy seeing our community injured.
    [/QUOTE]

couldnt agree more

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

People were banned because they directly broke the rule "No clan intrigue."

Tinky's whole statement was based on clan intrigue, and anybody who persisted posting about the subject (even after people were warned) were given bans.

Rules are there to be enforced - moderators and admin enforce them. It's like real life - people don't the law but it's there for a reason.

------------------
    Fëa-Quendi
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!

Oh..! Thanks IF for the heads up.

Which clans are involved?

Cheers

------------------
    PSYCHO HOJO / PSYCHO SO
    PSYCHO V

PROUD SUPPORTER OF 'EUROPA BARBARORUM'

Hatamoto, Clan Shinkage Senior Member ShinKamiizumi's Avatar

Has the "no clan intrigue" rule always been in place?
    If so then what about "circle talk"? Look there...
    A foolish passing thought makes one an ordinary man, while an enlightened second thought makes one a Buddha.

A1: yes it has

A2: 'circle talk' is for people that have nothing better to do
    Hirosito Mori

Hirosito the Baptist of the Babbiest Babe Thread.

Gentile or Jew
    O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
    Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Hatamoto, Clan Shinkage Senior Member ShinKamiizumi's Avatar

My point is that "clan intrigue" has always been here in these forums whether it was a full blown scandal or subtle hints about a circle and was encouraged, overlooked or ignored depending on your point of view.

------------------
    May the Ryu be with you...Kamii
    Clan Shinkage
    A foolish passing thought makes one an ordinary man, while an enlightened second thought makes one a Buddha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast