Thread: Lord give me strength

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

I was just answering some email in the old computer room,which has a window that looks out to the mailbox and driveway.Today is the day,the UPS man should be here any minute.Then to my horror,the UPS truck drives by my house AND DID NOT STOP!!!!NOOOOOOOOOOO.These are times that try men's souls LOL.What do you think,should I get in my car and chase him down?

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well I think you should get out the tire iron and you know what to do for not stopping.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon

I am no hero I just like to hit people in the head. :p
    DP is correct - Shiro

I second what DP said, but then again clan Doragon members are very violent

------------------
    We live in a world of Disclaimers

Honor to Clan Doragon
    www.doragon.cjb.net
    We live in a world of Disclaimers

Honor to Clan Doragon
    www.doragon.cjb.net

LOL. I know, my copy is in town, got here at 9AM local. Which means I missed the morning run and have to wait until 6-7PM. In the meantime, I just don't feel motivated to play one of my current campaigns, since they will change so much. Thought about getting online to play, but new server, new honor.....

Anyway, dealing with intermittent thunderstorms today, so not a good option.

I am seriously considering the Doragon's style of diplomacy.I payed for 2nd day air shipment and after checking the package tracker have found that my delivery has been rescheduled for 8/13!!!!!Looks like they are going to treat me like a European or Aussie
    I guess I'll have to cancel my order and go to the local Walmart to pick it up.What ever happened to the U.S.Mail motto,neither rain,nor snow,nor gloom of night shall stop us from our daily rounds....
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Hosakawa Tito:
    ...What ever happened to the U.S.Mail motto,neither rain,nor snow,nor gloom of night shall stop us from our daily rounds.... [/QUOTE]

Well, just to put this in perspective for ya... the USPS just now delivered a postcard sent in 1909! I saw the story on CNN. So, perhaps your grandkids will get your copy of Warlords Edition? Better late than never, right?

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Oooohhh... Evil....
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

LOL,thanks for cheering me up Vanya
    Wish they could do that with my bills

I went out to Walmart and picked up the MI.Then I mailed UPS and Amazon that they could take their copy and put it where the sun don't shine. They are of course blaming each other for the delay.Too bad they lose.

I feel your pain! I've chased down UPS trucks in my car in similar situations. The drivers are shocked but invariably come across with the goods. It's probably because of the look of maniacal desperation in my eyes at the time.

Good thing my husband is unemployed so he was right there for the UPS truck.
    I was going to the beach next week. Should I pack the computer now too??