Thread: Jihad against mulsem Almohads?

Unhappy

I play as Almohads and decided to damp Egyptians that were frisky too much in their expansion . So I invaded their Greece. In the next turn they tried to take province back. It was a 5-hours BATTLE My 4600 men against 5500-men enemy army. 3500 enemy men didn't return from battlefield, I lost something about 1000. But when all was gone , Egyptians rise Jihad to Greece. I am amazed how it is possible to raise Jihad against muslem nation? Did anybody saw that?

Autocrat Member Vlad The Impaler's Avatar

i used jihads many times against almohads when i play as a turk ( usually egyptians were long gone when i am able to make jihads ) .i dont know why..maybe for the same reason that makes the catholics beeing able to lauch crusades against orthodox..or for the same reason that make a lot of pillage in the orthodox provinces even when they are wellcome to pass trought the land
    Tough Times Don't Last. Tough People Do. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. [Mark Twain]

the stipulation for a jihad is that it must be a territory that has been lost by the maker of the jihad. it matters not who is there when you raise a jihad. the territory could even switch hands multiple times.

a crusade can only be called against a catholic nation if it has been excommunicated. likewise, if two catholic nations call a crusade against a muslim territory and one of them gets there first and conquers it, then the other crusade is abolished.
    Standing up for the rights of gay spies everywhere.