Thread: The best faction

Original Viking Member hundurinn's Avatar

Question

What is the best faction and what faction is your favorite?
    My favorite is the Byzanties and Spain.

Corporate Hippie Member rasoforos's Avatar

i also like the byzantines the most , the almohands as well. The polish are quite chalenging to play so its a nice experience . the ones i dun like are the english , i seem to get worthless kings no matter what i do.
    Αξιζει φιλε να πεθανεις για ενα ονειρο, κι ας ειναι η φωτια του να σε καψει.

http://grumpygreekguy.tumblr.com/

Well only on my second campaign, but i like the Byz and Almohads so far heh. Did Almos first and even with all the newbie mistakes, that and i dont have a manual, i still conquered 60% of the map. Now ive learned a lot from the forums here, and got a decent printout of the techtree, so my Byz campaign is rocking. Got 300k florins and own a nice chunk of the world, while fighting the French, English, and Spanish.

Naagi
    If i pull the arrow out, will you suck out the poison?

The Romans, Coming real soon.

Byz and the Russians. Orthodox factions have all the fun, their royal bodyguard units are full sized instead of tiny little 20 man pushovers, don't have to worry about that darn pope, yer people don't particularly care if yer emperor ain't so pious... I could go on

-Musashi
    Fear nothing except in the certainty that you are your enemy's begetter and its only hope of healing. For everything that does evil is in pain.
    -The Maestro Sartori, Imajica by Clive Barker

Russia

Love the units and great start position. If you can survive the Golden Horde and conquer or befriend the Byzantine the world is yours
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

i dont really have any favourites, so far iv only played with the HRE, Alamohads, Engalnd, Denmark and Italy

of those factions i found Italy to be one of the most enjoyable, mainly due to the uniqueness of thier style, a large Naval Empire is tough to build while at war with Byzantine
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

England

Their kings may be weak, but then they have some very good units (Billmen and longbow) and statrt with a very strong srategic position.

Gotta love them
    'Odi et ammo, excrucior' - I love and I hate, it hurts.

'Excretus est ex altitudine' - Shat upon from a great hight.

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

This is an interesting question... First of all you need to know are we talking SP or MP

In SP I play the Spanish, they have very little agressive neighbours. You have quite a few easy advances, and once you remove the Almohads, the game is almost yours.

In MP I play as a number of different factions, but mainly English or turks. Almohads are prob the best in the early camps

But basically it depends on what type of game u play, Cav, Infantry or artillery..... At the end of the day its personnel choice....
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

I am new, I like the Holy Roman Empire so far

the german are the best
    but scotland get on my nerves aleays rebelin
    a stupid is as a stupid does
    Forest Gump

We will fight them on the beaches, we will fight them in the air
    Winston Churchill

England for one reason only i can get scotland by buying them then all i do is train scotts ha ha ha ha and sum other units but mostly the scotts.
    Once again the scottish hordes will descend on the pathetic rabbles of all those who stand before them, and commit TOTAL WAR

British Army: be the best

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

lol, you really are a crazy one, methinks you need a jester for your avatar
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Blah and assorted comments Member Foreign Devil's Avatar

I'd have to say my favorite so far are the Italians. Right now in my Itailian campaign, I've managed to break the backs of the Spanish (who where nice enough to eliminate the almohads for me), the French and the HRE. I've remained allied to Byzantium for most of the game, so I still have a respectable amount of trade income. Itailian Infantry Rock Especially when they are marching a swath of desruction across the rest of europe.

Oh, and playing as Italy allows one the pleasure of sqashing the Papacy every now and then.

Slapshooter Senior Member el_slapper's Avatar

Spain is really cool. Rich territory, as long as REconquista is successful(be quick, and it will be), Full-of-stars heirs, Good units at any periods, Iron everywhere, goos strat pos to make trade in both Mediterranean & North sea, efficient inquisitors. What do I need more???
    War is not about who is right, only about who is left

Having a point of view upon everything is good
    Having a view upon every point is better

I always like the English for the longbows and the HRE for the Gothic knights (although it takes a long time to get them). However, I have a certain affection for the Byzantines as I had read Byzantium history a long time ago, and as successors to the Romans always felt they were a forgotten corner of history, when you mention the word Byzantium to most people the reply is always “Who?” So it’s great to see them in a way come alive in the game, and attempt to conquer the world, although I always do it slowly building up trade, fending off the Crusades/Turkish and building up the infrastructure to survive.

Senior Member Senior Member Jxrc's Avatar

HRE, really total war from the very start, good units in the long run (but dodgy generals);

Danemark, smooth start (rebel jumping), easy trade (longboat), vikings.

Spain, get rid of the Almohads and the world is yours (iron everywhere, gold mines, rich farming land, good heirs and generals)

Turks have provided the best game for me so far. England, Byzantine, and the Papacy all kept me from getting a good trade route going early on, and now I'm in a 3 front war with England, the Papacy, the Golden Horde, and Spain. What's really interesting is that the Papacy has conquered about half of the old HRE and France, and all of Italy; guess the Pope decided to take matters into his own hands.

Turks, Byzantines, Russians, English. Love unique units, and with the Byzzies and Turks you can really play a fun game that is markedly different from playing Catholic factions --- which is this game's main advantage over Shogun.
    Just an old-fashioned cowboy.