Thread: Tank info

Hi there i just wanted to start a topic about my favourite hobbie other than Computer games, And that is Tanks.
    I will try to give as mutch relavant info as possible from reliable sources on popular tanks from the mother tank to the Challenger Mk3. hope u will all enjoy so lets start off with probably my most favourite tank of all time...

Panzerkampfwagen VI H/E Tiger I
    Cost per tank: 250,000 RM
    Total built: 1,357
    Type: HVY Tank
    Range: [road 120 miles] [cross country 68 miles]
    Armour: Rolled homogeneous nickel-steel plate.(from 2.5cm to 12cm thick)
    Main gun: 8.8cm L/56 KwK rifled cannon
    Shot velocity: 773 meters per second
    Ammo: 92 rounds (moddified to 106/120 in some)
    Range of shell: 4500 meters
    Secondary armament: 2 MG34's with 5100 rounds
    Crew: 5, Gunner, Radio opperator(with MG), Loader, Driver, Commander.

Ok theres many more specs but thats thats the most relavent ones. So if any1 wants to discuss this or any other tank then just post.

Also if u have a request for a Specific tank then also mention it and if this is succesful then i shall try to find the info.

British Army: be the best

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/profiles.htm

is a rather good place to start. The Tiger was certainly impressive once they got the flaws ironed out, but...
    1) Too large fuel comsumption meant they were all too often reduced to fancy pillboxes.
    2) You could build several 'lesser' tanks using the same materials, ie two PzKfW IV or V instead of one VI.
    If you're fighting fair you've made a miscalculation.

Sounds neat. I have a guidebook that contains over 400 modern combat vehicles with detailed line drawings and photos. Really sweet book. However, it doesn't have the T90. Wonder if you could get me the changes from T80 to T90. Thanks
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

Nice site for all ww2 military hardware u posted Spetulhu not had mutch time to look at it but several listings.
    Oh and Lehesu i think ive got a site about t90's (just gotta search for it a bit) one peice of common knowledge i know about them is that the russians use Convict labour to build the vast majority witch means there cheaper than most hvy tanks.

U must admit though a fully supplied Tiger tank is not sumthing u wanna go up against considering it took 5 shermans to knock just 1 tiger out.

Here u go Lehesu i found the site pretty quikly, sorry about the armour not being shown but i guess its top secret or sumthing
    The tank T-90 is a technical development of the vehicle of main fight T-72, which returned in production in 1994. The vehicle contains constituents(component) resulting from the tank T-80 specially in the basic defences of the vehicle, the system of control of shot and the last generation of reagent armour plating which protects against most of the known ammunitions. The general structure of the vehicle looks like T-72 with the driver(chauffeur) in front in the centre, the turret with two men(people) of crew placed in the center of the hull(shell) of the vehicle, the gunner to the left and the leader of vehicle to the right. The leader of vehicle has a machine gun of 12,7 mm gone(taken) up on his hatch, to assure(insure) the anti-aircraft defence of the vehicle. As for all the tanks Russian, the muffler is placed to the left behind by some hull(shell). Some fuel Diesel maybe injected inside to create a cloud of smoke. The turret is equipped with a standard(cannon) of 125 mm, this one can revolve on 360 ░ and in rise of 6 ░ in + 14 ░. The standard(cannon) of 125 mm is completely automatic, and has a system of automatic load. He can pull(fire) missiles with guides laser as well as ammunitions members of the National Convention as the HEFRAG, HEAT-FS, and the APFSDS-T. The part(party) before some hull(shell), as well as the part(party) before the refreshed turret of a reagent armour plating, and a system of defence Shorta-1fait left the basic constituents(component) of the vehicle.

Armament
    Standard(cannon) of 125 mm, with capacity of shot of missiles with guides laser, coaxial machine gun of 7,62 mm, antiaircraft machine gun of 12,7 mm

Crew
    3 men(people)

Armour plating
    ?

Weight
    46 500 kg

Speed
    60 km / hr
    Autonomy
    550 km

Equipments
    System of protection NBC, rangefinder laser laser, computer of shot, system of thermic vision

User countries
    Russia (as well as several other commie country's like china etc.)

Variants:
    T-90E / T90S: version of export

Hope that helps u.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Knight Yellow, if you see a patron named Candidcamera on the board, he's the man to talk tanks with. He's a retired US army officer who served in an armored battalion. He knows quite a bit on the subject.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*