Thread: Historical missions

Hello, lucky people from the US.
    One of the features of the expansion I'm most interested in is the historical missions of the Three Unifiers.
    Can any of you guys who already own Warlord Edition or the Mongol Invasion give your opinion on these historical missions?

Yes, I am also interested in these campaigns, as well as the Mongol one, please tell us!

campaigns are boring cause they are too easy and CANT be played online
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

If you say so.

i played the mongol one 4 battles in about 30 minutes in total (

it is just interesting for newbies.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Well I suppose they sound a bit hackneyed, but I still wouldn't mind a bit of info on them.

Well, that's your opinion, Great Khan.
    However, I own STW for almost a year now and have never played online, only over a LAN, and didn't find it very interesting.

Of course, I don't have the experience you have in playing the game since I'm just a casual player. Still, I prefer the single player part of every game that I have, because I tend to like following a storyline, that's why I'm interested in these missions.

Besides, not everyone can afford to spend hours online.

matsudaria what is the campaign of the 3 unifiers is it one of the full campaigns? if not what generals/daimios involved and ill tell u how it is?

Swoosh

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Swooah the campaigns of the three unifiers are in the historical campaigns of Oda Nobunaga, Tokugawa Ieysu and Toyotomi Hideyoshi. Their is also a Kublai Khan campaign to be played.
    Each campaign features a number of battles that must be completed in succession, each battle similar to the historical battles, with each campaign having between 3 and 6 battles. IMO this is a good addition but the best SP feature in the improved sengoku campaign and the 1530, 1550 and 1580 start dates

Well they seem to be pretty good as an addition but as magy says unless u are a newbie they are not hard..and as a matter of fact even a newbie mght find them pretty easy.

I completed the 4 Mongol Batles really fast. i mean just charge your cavalry at the Japs and u win. Its that simple even on expert.

As for the three japanese campaigns they r much more interesting and the maps vary quite a bit. There is a fairly long piece of writing tellin u the background info on that particular campaign. Apart from that it is just like playing the historical battles.

-Fury
    "The only certainties in life are that we are born and we die. The rest is just a sea of complexity"

Well, for me "easy" does not equal "uninteresting".

If all you're interested in is difficulty, turn up the difficulty setting. Or take some of your units and rout them off the field. Or run your cavalry into the woods. Or fire on your own units. LOL

I played the first Mongol campaign battle, and i didn't find it terribly easy. It wasn't the type of battle you need to fight 25 times to finally get the win, but it was still fun...

It started on a beach as your units land, and the Japanese army is waiting for you at the top of a long slope, launching missiles down on you. Very "beaches of Normandie" in feel. I thought it was cool, but then again, while i am by no means easily impressed, i CAN be satisfied by good immersion.

------------------
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."
    "You have offended my family, and you have offended a Shaolin temple."

Tokugawa IEYASHU

i played that 1 and had alot of fun first battle was bit boring 2v1 on lowland map second 1 u have to assault a castle but u have to try to stop half the enemy troops getting inside or it will be much harder but the third 1 LOL!!! good old takeda shingen i wont say much about it cause it would spoil it for u but he kicked my ass!!!!!!!! just played it once but it was alot of fun! had me screaming at my men hurry up!!!!!!!! yep good fun now im off to kick shingens ass

Swooooooooooooooooosh

[This message has been edited by Swoosh So (edited 08-12-2001).]

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Can someone tell me how many missions Tokugawa Ieyasu, Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Oda Nobunaga have for each of their campaigns?

Also, in the new Sengoku campaign start dates, does it allow to choose Tokugawa as a clan in a later era, as opposed to have to choose Imagawa to have Tokugawa Ieyasu as Taisho and later Daimyo?