Thread: Generals and late aged units.

Hello, I've just recently registered but I have read these forums for a while now. I have two questions I would appreciate any help with.

1- After v 1.1 units from higher periods are restricted until an arbitrary year has been reached. I really dislike this. Can someone tell me a way to edit the game so I can build the units as soon as I build the required buildings? I reinstalled but I like everything else the patch fixes.

2- Can anyone tell me any tips for grooming a good general? My generals seem to develop v&v's so randomly (more vices than virtues unfortunately). It's really annoying when an 8 star general gets very lazy and very drunk all of a sudden, lowering him by 4 stars.

Is there a max number of V&V's a general can have? If so, perhaps I could fill him up with harmless ones so he doesn't spring any nasty surprises on me?

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

grooming a good general can be tough.. i usually groom good hiers to become top generals, but they always get a vice ro two
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Unless your faction has some heroes that it gets every game royal generals are your best bet, just make your king as good as possible and his sons will always be strong.

Leusugi, hail and welcome.

Human nature is unpredictable at times. The V&Vs reflect this. Grooming, if it works in the game, can only take you so far, or should only take you so far. If your general is a nut job, all the schooling, princess wife, titles, etc in the world will not change that.
    This space intentionally left blank

To remove the time restrictions on certain units, just go through the crusaders_unit_prod11.txt file and find any reference to early, high or late periods and replace with all_periods. Back up the file first in case you screw something up though, and if I were you I'd leave the period restrictions in place on the royal knights and ghulam bodyguard (Cause it's weird being able to build three different kinds of each and such.

-Musashi
    Fear nothing except in the certainty that you are your enemy's begetter and its only hope of healing. For everything that does evil is in pain.
    -The Maestro Sartori, Imajica by Clive Barker

Slapshooter Senior Member el_slapper's Avatar

I didn't try that one(bercause I find the patch balanced as it is), but I guess there is a simpler way to remove dates of availability : changing the early.txt where the dates of the 3 periods are set up(beware, they might be present more than once; I'm at job, I cant confirm).
    War is not about who is right, only about who is left

Having a point of view upon everything is good
    Having a view upon every point is better

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

there is a maximum number of v&v`s, if the whole space for them is used with two columns, a general can`t get any new one. I think it`s ten or so.

One time when I try to groom good general..let's ee I give him two official titles,and let him marry my princess..At beginning,he has Man of honor(i think enemy emissary to bribe my general,but he didn't accept it),Zealot and Greed,nothing particular,except ten years later..Odd number of toe,coward,adultery..WTF.He has won like 10-15 major battles...Life is hard..
    Those who are truly brave,never live in Fear...nuff said.