Thread: Trading and Imports

Hi All,

I've got my trade routes up and working just fine. The problem though is that I'm only exporting... There are no imports coming in.

I thought that it might be because there were no trading posts/merchants in the provinces that I was trading with, but there are.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rex

does your prov have the raw materials that the exporting prov does? If so you wont import/export them. Also hit the 'v' key and make sure your trade routes aren't blockaded. Thats weak but all I can think of. As long as you have a port and trade routes to provs with merchants & ports, you should be importing
    - All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

The AI needs to have a line of ships from his port to yours for you to receive imports. The AI is very slow and not too bright when it comes to setting up a trade route. There are no overland trade routes. You make much more on taxes collected from what you export than from what you collect from imports, so don't worry too much about it. Get your set up and expand it, via your ships, to every port you can and the money will really flow in. In my current Danish campaign, I had a trade income of over 20,000 florins per year.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*